Is it possible reset objects in the same level?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Adngel

Is it possible reset objects in the same level?

Post by Adngel » 05 Mar 2020 13:47

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way in Tomb Editor to reset an object that has already been activated.

For example, a rollingball that falls with a trigger or a switch.

¿Is there a proper way to can make the ball to fall again?

I have tried the teleport the rollingball with the "actionng" trigger, the first activation works like always, but when I activate the actionng triggers, the ball correctly reappears in the specified position and start to falls again, but the moment when the "re-started" ball pass in to another room, the game gets freeze and dies there, (with the ball stopped in the room portal). I don't know if I´m doing anything wrong or maybe something impossible? O_ò

And for enemies? so when an enemy is killed, can I teleport it and resurrect it again? or after death it is erased from memory?

Trikazz

Re: Is it possible reset objects in the same level?

Post by Trikazz » 05 Mar 2020 14:34

unfortunately it is not possible, I said that there is something similar to what you see in TR1 at the penultimate level, but cok global trigger, you can make the enemy reappear, but about repeating the triggers I have no idea, there is a way that is very complicated, with trigger groups You force the Rolling ball to go back to its initial block with <ID> and GT's, and you have to use X, Y, Z which is very complicated and so the Rolling ball can repeat what it did, I never tested it, and it is very buggy .

you can also do the LevelStartPos = technique in different Levels to make the room in the current position and as soon as it passes, go back to the Level that was before, at the same level and much more complicated

I think I helped :2thumbsup: