lara disappears on motorbike

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Howaito

lara disappears on motorbike

Post by Howaito » 15 Nov 2019 17:32

hi guys
finishing up a level that was meant to be for cac competition...
lara disappears when she mounts the motorbike.
I transferred the motorbike object from the city wad and the vehicle extra, and Lara herself,... but she still manages to disappear when she mounts the motorbike or when she places the nitro object.. any ideas on how to fix this?
thank you..
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

Mulf

Re: lara disappears on motorbike

Post by Mulf » 15 Nov 2019 20:38

You say you took the LARA and VEHICLE_EXTRA from the city wad, but if you did, it didn't stick, because you're clearly missing those animations. Do it again.

PedroTheGamer

Post by PedroTheGamer » 17 Nov 2019 22:29

MULF your don't know.
I transferred the motorbike object from the city wad and the vehicle extra, and Lara herself

Try replace city of death motobike+motobike extra (city.wad) in Level editor folder and replay it works. :D

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 18 Nov 2019 10:50

^
"I think I'm so right, that others are necessarily wrong."
Plus, Mulf is suggesting the same thing than you, then Howaito stated that he did it ...

@Howaito :

Not sure why it happens, but in these cases I try to use the entire original wads without any addition, you could only use the city.wad to see if Lara is still disapearing, I guess she is in fact playing her i-pose animation under the motorbike. :?

psiko

Post by psiko » 30 Nov 2019 19:28

If you are using trng it may be you mght need to move lara's vehicle animations in the new trng slot you find toward the bottom of the list of slots in the rename tool inside wadmerger.
They need to be moved there in trng because you can have jeep and motorbyke in the same level, which was previously impossible with classic trle because those two vehicles were sharing the same slot (vehicle extra) for special lara's animations.