BtB 2020 - The Winners revealed....

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: BtB 2020 - The Winners revealed....

Post by manarch2 » 30 Aug 2020 20:36

As Mytly said, some levels actually can be easily guessed by the level info screens only (Nest of the Souls was another of those for me), many by the playing experience (especially Save the Cintamani) and the rest is a bit of research in terms of e.g. the style of the storyline and in-game texts. Even if I already had both of you high on the list, dinne's remark about the "huge, long, non-linear" was giving it away, and also a bit LaraCablara's use of the word "harboring" (AE!) :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 30 Aug 2020 21:08

I wasn't any good at guessing, but in dinne's case it was more or less obvious because of the looks, the atmosphere and the kind of gameplay, as others have pointed out. Nothing to do with the number of enemies. And I must say this level looked as solid as the first already did, but the settings were a lot more interesting and it was definitely more playable.

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 30 Aug 2020 22:37

Another great TRLE event successfully finished, it was a pleasure to work in always friendly BtB environment :)

Congratulations to all the builders, especially the winners! :2thumbsup:

Mytly wrote:
30 Aug 2020 18:13
I couldn't tell that Beyond the Caves of Nyalam was by Tolle87 until I reached the 'dungeons' challenge
How can you see the pooping yak and still not recognize the builder :lol:

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 31 Aug 2020 11:19

Congratulations to all!
And... a big thank you to AdBlock Plus with which I can remove your annoying banners from my sight. :smash: :lol:

dinne

Post by dinne » 31 Aug 2020 12:11

Thanks for the feedback, I couldn't really get such a strong similarity between my levels, maybe because I know them in detail at the point of loosing the first impression in the big picture. Thanks :)

Adngel

Post by Adngel » 31 Aug 2020 20:53

Finally, curtains rises and all mysteries are solved.

Congratulations to the winner builders, the levels were great, but the winners are not there by luck, the three of them have theirs visuals, feeling and ideas, that make them a rewarding playing experience. I think they are well deserved winners.

Also congratulations to the winners of the players competition, as you are mentioning, guessing the author, is a process that requires research, analysis and perception, (quite detective role) so archiving several guesses, I feel it’s a worthy skill, but overall, it also looked a fun activity, so I hope you enjoyed it too.

Like everyone else, I also want to give thanks to Jesus and his team, for organize this wad through a year (and be pending of the updates on the next), is a demmanding task, and more for a huge wad like this which was totally a rich wad, the textures also looked great, but specially, I’m also grateful for the soundtrack, I saw that Jesus also created many of the music themes that we had at our reach for the competition, and most of them are great themes, thanks for them, I hope the community like them too and we have chance to listen them in more TRLE levels.

And I don’t forget the reviewers, thank you also all of you, whether good or bad, any critic or comment is appreciated, I’ve being there lurking like a rogue without can speak a lot of this experience, but I enjoyed reading your reactions, joy (and in some cases, frustrations... opps... but I’m optimist I think we can learn from anyhing!). I don't like to put pressure on people to comment, but I undoubtely I appreciate it they do. Thank you, glad you played my level.

Making this BtB level (Dolma’s Fortress) I dealed with typical builders drama ("Oh no it’s too big, I have to cut 80 rooms to avoid crashes!!" :bigcry: ) plus external circustances that sometimes made it a more tough task, but at the end, I am generally happy with how everything ended. Of course, I also have that part in me that tells me to "change this" or "add that" :beatnik: ...
But the feeling of sharing a level that many people enjoyed, and can see all that support with my vision (despite being out of the norm) was really welcome.

I don’t know if I will joint the next BtB (depends of the circunstances when the time comes) but hopefully, I am inspired and I hope can share more levels in the future.

2020 may have been a weird year, but the BtB was outstanding. Totally recommended experience.

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 31 Aug 2020 21:16

Tolle87 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 22:37
Mytly wrote:
30 Aug 2020 18:13
I couldn't tell that Beyond the Caves of Nyalam was by Tolle87 until I reached the 'dungeons' challenge
How can you see the pooping yak and still not recognize the builder :lol:
Oh yes, the pooping yak! I forgot that that came before the dungeons. Yes, it was also a major clue. :lol:

Amethyste

Post by Amethyste » 03 Sep 2020 10:11

Congratulations to the winners and also all builders : :D :D !!

Larysuh13

Post by Larysuh13 » 21 Sep 2020 23:47

I don’t know if I will joint the next BtB (depends of the circunstances when the time comes) but hopefully, I am inspired and I hope can share more levels in the future.
likely Wild West :wink3: