Cheating tools for TRLE levels

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Larysuh13

Cheating tools for TRLE levels

Post by Larysuh13 » 13 Jun 2020 04:05

Recently i saw that some streamer used some level manager to edit my level and pass it, i know my level is quite confusing but all my testers managed to finish the level with no problems. I would like to know your opinion. :)

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Cheating tools for TRLE levels

Post by Treeble » 13 Jun 2020 17:45

I only really cheat when it's absolutely necessary. Two recent examples that come to mind was one that had an impossible timed run (actually impossible, not just difficult) which I don't even remember, and the other was Karnak 2 which didn't offer enough medipacks. In all such cases, I mention in my review what and why I did it.

What exactly did the streamer do? When you say they "edited the level", do you mean they used a position editor to get beyond a closed door or something along these lines? At any rate, most of the levels nowadays have walkthroughs and it's rather rare to stumble upon levels in which you can get permanently stuck for doing something out of the intended order. If they had missed a key, for instance, certainly they could have just backtracked to get it...

Larysuh13

Post by Larysuh13 » 13 Jun 2020 17:55

I do not want too show much spoiler,
SpoilerShow
but in my second secret there is a ladder hidden in the wall and you have to go to one side and fit the lara in a crack to pass to the safe floor.
But ''Adrielvicio'' used the tool "LEVEL MANAGER" knowing that it was possible to do (my testers did) to change the position of the lara.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 13 Jun 2020 18:15

Ah, I see. Ultimately no one can control how each person plays a level. Sometimes there are obvious hints we as players fail to see, sometimes we end up going to places we shouldn't like when I climbed up behind the final tower or jumped to the wrong rooftops in Chronicles Memories 1... :D

Unless everyone has to cheat their way through a level, for one reason or another, I think there's no reason to worry about it at all.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Jun 2020 19:08

i know several people in here use cheat
cos they just want to enjoy the levels without to worry about enemies
some use it to just add extra flares cos the think the level are to dark
i used to say if a person use level manager
i don't wanna help them
if they just use a savegame editor and add flares or extra ammo to a weapon they already found
i don't have a problem with that

for myself i just turn up gamma on my graphic card settings
instead for cheat for flares
also if i die cos being shot by a enemy i reload and use another strategy

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 14 Jun 2020 09:18

Larysuh13 wrote:
13 Jun 2020 04:05
Recently i saw that some streamer used some level manager to edit my level and pass it [...] I would like to know your opinion. :)
If it's a live streaming (a blind playthrough) then everything can happen.
If it's a previously recorded video, then a streamer should not use cheats.

For normal players, in general I agree on using cheats, it's a different kind of fun.
Disabling cheats (some builders do it) is a lack of generosity, like those kids who bring the ball at home because other kids want to play their way.

The cheat I use more often is the weapons cheat, because I'm lazy in fighting and I want the revolver always charged.

Larysuh13

Post by Larysuh13 » 14 Jun 2020 15:49

I agree with each of your opinions guys :D . However, I don't like cheating tools :-P . I've like to play naturally and get items :2thumbsup: . But my next levels will be encrypted so that no one can use these tools. :roll:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Jun 2020 05:22

good so no small medic packs in the game

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 18 Jul 2020 23:23

Teone wrote:
14 Jun 2020 09:18
Larysuh13 wrote:
13 Jun 2020 04:05
Recently i saw that some streamer used some level manager to edit my level and pass it [...] I would like to know your opinion. :)
If it's a live streaming (a blind playthrough) then everything can happen.
If it's a previously recorded video, then a streamer should not use cheats.

For normal players, in general I agree on using cheats, it's a different kind of fun.
Disabling cheats (some builders do it) is a lack of generosity, like those kids who bring the ball at home because other kids want to play their way.

The cheat I use more often is the weapons cheat, because I'm lazy in fighting and I want the revolver always charged.
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: Some of us are not good players even after a decade. I just want to have fun and forget my problems, so I for ONE cheat! :-P
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Jul 2020 10:30

Larysuh13 wrote:
14 Jun 2020 15:49
I agree with each of your opinions guys :D . However, I don't like cheating tools :-P . I've like to play naturally and get items :2thumbsup: . But my next levels will be encrypted so that no one can use these tools. :roll:
If it's not 'impossible', you have my support.

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 19 Jul 2020 16:54

^ ...but you have not mine.

In every professional game you can play normally or cheat.
Builders who disable cheats in Custom Levels give you only two choices: play as I mean or don't play. This is a rigid conception that reveals jealousy and craving for control, and surely it's not a professional attitude.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Jul 2020 22:25

It's a democracy. :D

But it's totally ok if you enable the cheats, I just don't like to have to use them. To me, having to do that is just the right step in the wrong direction - probably not even finishing.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 20 Jul 2020 01:05

I feel I should note that cheats can also cause bugs, which can be a valid reason to disable them. It can mess with certain scripting.

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 20 Jul 2020 15:38

I confess I do miss the days when levels supported the save game manager, simply because I would always give myself unlimited flares. I'm not bothered about anything else, it's just that I'm so disastrously unobservant at the best of times that I have no chance in a dark level (hence my normally woeful secret tally :lol: ). I really appreciate it when builders give Lara a permanent light source.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician