So What Are We Doing During Lockdown?

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: So What Are We Doing During Lockdown?

Post by Gerty » 20 Apr 2020 20:56

Yup, saw him as well on our tv and :2thumbsup:

Not so quiet anymore outside, more cars are driving around. Last Saturday evening it was quite busy, even so that I was wondering where they all were driving to.
Lots more cyclists as well and they do keep their distance unless they have to stop for a traffic light. That is quite stupid I think.
I try to walk around in my neighbourhood if possible once a day but avoid the supermarket as much as I can. The market is not too busy during the week. It is a different story on Saturday; way too busy for my liking.
Lots of TV watching, reading a lot and of course playing TR :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 20 Apr 2020 21:31

@Gerty
Time to get back to reviewing then, eh? :lol:
No one but ourselves can free our minds...

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 20 Apr 2020 22:27

I think it's great that Captain Tom Moore is helping out, Ian!

As for me, well, I already felt locked down by a health problem doctors don't even have a diagnosis or explanation for. I'm trying to enjoy life as much as I can. Every time I work out, eat something nutritious or socialize, I feel better.

I try not to think too much about the coronavirus, and how it reduced traffic, created lines in grocery stores, made hunting and fishing more critical in the event of food shortages (animals are less afraid now, so there is more opportunity)...because of a health problem weighing on me.

I'm pinning my hopes on an osteopathic physician who knows both conventional and alternative medicine, has a better track record than average, and reduced my stress during the first appointment.

But I'm making every effort to enjoy life and fulfill my professional aspirations...
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 20 Apr 2020 22:58

Glad to hear you're working towards getting better, Hits. We should all strive to enjoy life as much as we can during these disheartening conditions.

lizard queen

Post by lizard queen » 21 Apr 2020 21:44

Jorge22 wrote:
18 Apr 2020 00:06
I didn't even know that film. What I do know is that he has decided to stop making films a few times already.

Excellent actor, by the way.
True. I read that he'd steered away from acting for 5 years at a time in the past. But I think this time it's different. I think he invested far more of his "soul" if you will, into this film by being a silent collaborator. I found a 2 minute video where the director actually admits Day Lewis' participation in the writing and should have perhaps been sited as co-writer of the film.

As well, there are some "truths" for thought there in the film. For example, Day Lewis' character states one of the reasons he's not married is that he believes unhappiness in relationships stems from the expectations and assumptions of those in the relationship. I believe there's a lot of truth in that. It's true if you don't have any expectations, then you'll never be disappointed. Harsh, but brutally true. So if you do get a chance to see the film (it's currently streaming on Netflix), I'd be curious if you saw some truths expressed there as well.

Anyways, let's see what happens with Mr. Day Lewis... say in 5 years from now? For the record, I'll bet he doesn't come back to acting. :D

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 22 Apr 2020 00:24

Ryan wrote:
20 Apr 2020 22:58
..... We should all strive to enjoy life as much as we can during these disheartening conditions.
Very true.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 23 Apr 2020 17:00

lizard queen aren't it about time you change your avatar
it's many years since
http://www.larashome.com/forums
closed down

VoodooChild97

Post by VoodooChild97 » 26 Apr 2020 20:11

Greetings. I'm surprised how many people here are still working. I am not, but I'm seriously considering it as I run out of essential items in my bunker. It seems everyone around me either didn't take the threat of getting sick seriously to begin with, or now thinks it was overblown and is abandoning precautions. Frustrating, but what can you do? Have even more anxiety and agoraphobia, in my case. I honestly don't know if I can go back to work. I've barely left my home in two years, but now I don't even go to the store for food. It's surreal.

In the meantime, I've been trying to break my Xbox addiction and get back to PC gaming. You can get lost in these open world RPGs nowadays. Instead I would love to do something with the editor again, and I've been watching a lot of videos about game design to that end. YouTube has a wealth of information. Also dipping my toes into some other retro games I missed out on when I was younger, like Metal Gear and Half-Life. Very interesting to see where Chronicles for example got some of the inspiration for its VCI levels.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Apr 2020 20:54

Look who's here! Welcome back.

I know this is probably intrusive etc. but I was once a journalist, so I go ahead and ask (anybody who doesn't want to answer, just doesn't and t's all fine): why have you barely left your home in two entire years?

VoodooChild97

Post by VoodooChild97 » 27 Apr 2020 01:15

Hey Jorge.

Nothing serious. I have mild social phobia, and have always been something of a recluse. Other people in your life move on in one way or another, so there are fewer places to go. Part of it is just the nature of modern life. Luckily I am someone who enjoys being alone and working on solo projects. The only thing is I've had trouble holding jobs for very long.

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 27 Apr 2020 01:25

I've been playing Resident Evil 3 Remake and loving it.
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Apr 2020 13:19

Hey. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. If that's ok for you, it's ok for you. :)

Hello, Val! 8)

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 27 Apr 2020 18:50

Good afternoon, Valerie

:toff: or Image
Jesus says: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

lizard queen

Post by lizard queen » 28 Apr 2020 21:04

vimmers wrote:
23 Apr 2020 17:00
lizard queen aren't it about time you change your avatar
it's many years since
http://www.larashome.com/forums
closed down
Better? :D

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 28 Apr 2020 21:06

Much better. :D