Stay safe at home !

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Titak

Re: Stay safe at home !

Post by Titak » 19 Mar 2020 22:27

So at what city are they arresting people for going out then, Natah?
I'm surprised to hear that happening here.

Since I'm a teacher, I'm also at home.
I spent some hours answering a couple of questions from 2 students from one of my classes. A couple of hours!!! Something that only takes a couple of minutes when you are talking to eachother in a classroom! :lol:
Emailing back and forth and making images to illustrate what I wanted to explain. Math can be a pain in the behind to type in an email...

Sometime during the afternoon the ICT people of our schools had made a bunch of Teams in The Office365 package that we use.
At least I could then use a chatroom with those two students.
And we are trying to set up "meetings" through Teams. So I could invite classes to join the meeting at a certain time of day and we could talk to eachother, kinda like lifestream/Skype.
So yeah, trying things to make sure our students can still go on with studying, which is especially important for those who need to take the national exams in May.

Other than that, I'm fine.
Went out for a short half hour bike ride later this afternoon. Was nice to be outside for a bit and move those muscles.
No infections yet in the county I live in. At least no registered infections that is.

This whole situation is rather weird though, as something that could happen in a movie or something.
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 19 Mar 2020 22:40

It is rather like a film, isn't it?! :-o Closing schools here tomorrow, `social distancing`, yet lots of people trying to buy things. I have a 90-year old neighbour I'm trying to help (and someone else who has a dormant form of cancer), but the online shopping system isn't working too well, atm, so I can't order the things we need.

Not sure I knew you'd become a teacher, Titia. I was one for 20 years before I caught M.E. and had to stop. It was soon after that that I found a certain game, and then became involved here.
Jesus says: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 19 Mar 2020 22:44

Absolutely. It all feels oddly surreal.

I was out walking with the dog this afternoon. Birds were singing. The wind was blowing. It all felt very calm and peaceful,and normal.
And then I got home and rang my mother and told her to set up Skype,as we won't be seeing each other face to face for the immediate future even though she lives not far away. She's 89 and rather frail,and I simply can't take the risk.

Titak

Post by Titak » 19 Mar 2020 23:54

@rjb:
Yeah, been one for nearly 12 years now.
Teaching math in highschool.
And I'm currently trying to get a master degree so I can also teach at the higher levels of highschool.
But it has not been very succesfull so far... :blush:
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 20 Mar 2020 00:41

Early February, I had to deal with a startling, mysterious health problem (during a job loss on top of that, downsizing...) that I think I'm finally getting some clarity on...For now, I'm dealing with two small fibroids.

So the coronavirus feels like nothing by comparison. It is challenging a lot of things, but I can still lift weights at home, run near my house, and climb a fence at a park near my house. For food, we'll see long-term...And relationships are being challenged too.

For the economy, it's just that the economy is not adaptable to a problem that lasts months. But even things like a food supply, the medical system are going to be challenged by this.

I think I'll get the green light tomorrow to start applying for jobs I really want to do.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Mar 2020 00:55

Ok. Natah's Dutch and I'm a bit paranoid if Gerty says so.
But let us face it, shall we? The English phrasing points to someone we know in its style. And don't even mention the signature as it points to that person in two ways. The fact that Natah doesn't seem to know what's going on in the Netherlands is also possibly fishy. And I think I remember Pedro talking to himself and the name Natah kind of rings a bell (but I could be very wrong there).
It all may well be coincidental...
Anyway, I'm not a detective and I don't care that much.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 20 Mar 2020 01:08

Going by the post history I've just checked, you're not being paranoid Jorge, you're actually right, there's absolutely no doubt it's him.

Anyway, regarding the topic, my partner can't go to work anymore as the place he works at shut down, and I'm working from home from now on as I'm to be considered at risk due to a condition I have. It may not be a problem, but there's no way of telling at this point, I've been hit hard by some bugs I caught in the past year, I'm not taking that risk. Our office may shut down as well, I hope we can continue to work from home, even though our workload plummeted significantly.

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 20 Mar 2020 01:08

Jorge22 wrote:
20 Mar 2020 00:55
Ok. Natah's Dutch and I'm a bit paranoid if Gerty says so.
But let us face it, shall we? The English phrasing points to someone we know in its style. And don't even mention the signature as it points to that person in two ways. The fact that Natah doesn't seem to know what's going on in the Netherlands is also possibly fishy. And I think I remember Pedro talking to himself and the name Natah kind of rings a bell (but I could be very wrong there).
It all may well be coincidental...
Anyway, I'm not a detective and I don't care that much.
http://forum.trle.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 29#p784829

This guy started posting again yesterday just after Pedro was banned. His previous posts were from October last year in the exactly the same style as Pedro.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Mar 2020 01:12

As Bowie once sang: 'You're not alone!'

Thanks both Matie and Daniel for joining me in paranoia. ;)

Adngel

Post by Adngel » 20 Mar 2020 01:18

At the university course, my profesors have change the assessment requirements, making them, much more easier and accessible, I think is the logical thing to do, but, I really feel stunned, right now.

In last year of computer games programming, I had this prototype module, where we were a big group making a big Unreal prototype, working with other programmers and artists, these months have been very stressing experience, tons of frustrations but motivated for the importance in the portfolio (A proper "Team work" project, because the previous years we only teamed with other programmers so we didn't got very visually artefacts). But now with the isolation due to the covid19, all that project has been cancelled.

I don't know if I want to cry or relieve. On the good side, all the fights are over, people acused me of "wanting their assets looks like shit" for asking them to optimize their props models tables, pen, curtains, etc... to be less than 10.000 vertices (I think that even 10.000 verts is extreme!, but anyway)

So, I suposse that on the good side is to the hell with the stress, but, I feel so devastated right now. I suposse that this must be other of the facets caused by this Coronavirus pandemia.

There in the world may be more people whose projects are gone to dust too, even worst, job lost. (I heard about that in press, but you know, that sounds "behind" but not really causing a strong impact on me before O_ò, Well, at least mine case is just an university project that I was investing for the past months.

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I´ll be better.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 20 Mar 2020 01:32

It's a bit pity but people keep not respecting the confinement, so the police is giving fines. At first it was 38€, but the next day it was 135€ and it's probably going to be more with the days going on.
One thing that my mother told this afternoon (She works in the military base where they were numerous cases of coronavirus), is that their work certificates looked like fake ones to the eyes of policemans. Imagine being fined because the work certificate of a military base is not conform !

@Jorge I gave you some memes, why don't you use them ? :blush:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Mar 2020 01:41

And they're funny and enlightening.

But it can't be my war if, for whatever reason I can't begin to grasp, those who decide don't want to fight it.

You may post them yourself and we'll have a laugh. Probably just that. I don't know...
Last edited by Jorge22 on 20 Mar 2020 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 Mar 2020 02:58

Matie wrote:
20 Mar 2020 01:08
Going by the post history I've just checked, you're not being paranoid Jorge, you're actually right, there's absolutely no doubt it's him.
The question I have is why he's so persistent. Doesn't he realize he's not wanted around here?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Mar 2020 11:27

Excellent question. Beats me.

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 20 Mar 2020 12:11

Ok,not paranoia. Just read through the history of Natahs listing,and it's not only very clear that they are one and the same;but it turns out I was actually warned about him over a year ago!

The silly "self-denial" stuff isn't too important,as such (merely tragic);but fake posts deliberately spreading fear over the scale of the response to the virus is a different matter.
Until his account is removed I shall be exercising my moderating powers and deleting future Natah posts in this forum as and when I see them. In the meantime,I would strongly urge everyone else to simply ignore him.