Moderator: Marksdad

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Stay safe at home !

Post by Bojrkraider » 18 Mar 2020 23:47

Jorge22 wrote:
18 Mar 2020 22:36
But, you know, I really think things will be back to what they were before.
Frankly, me too. :(
Today, the state of emergency has been declared. I think it's a bad idea. Potentially. And it can't do enough. Not that there will be a curfew and military tanks watching the streets. In fact, the actual measures haven't yet been decided.
I don't think, it's a bad idea. Mayoriti of people need some kind of rules and a leader, so they can follow them or they are completely lost or afraid of everything. So if you say it's nothing, it's just a flu, it will pass, everyone would act as they did before. But since the disease is new, we don't know what are all the consequences. Also if we don't have any restrictions, treating those, who get ill, can destroy the health system as in Italy for example. The doctors are actually forced to choose who will be treated and who left to die. Imagine in what situation they are and if you could handle it too. When the number of ill people increase as with this disease, there are not enough medical staff to treat all the other diseases and you get a complete collaps of the health system and in a long run I don't believe that would have a good impact on the economy either. Ofcourse I might be wrong. There are also some other possible consequences, which I don't want to discuss here and it's just a theory anyway.
If people don't listen to advices, the leaders must do something about that to keep the country safe.
Just an example: lately our government adviced to people to cancel their unnecessary travels, but there were still some who thought it's just an advice and flew from the country. When the borders start to close, they start to beg for help to get back. I think it's only normal, that advices are replaced by orders and forbid unnecessary travels.
It's like if you say don't jump on your head from 2 m. Nobody does it as everyone know, the chance you break your neck is high. But if it wasn't like that before, people still do it. Because the majority can't understand that what was safe before, today is a russian roullete. And that is what this disease is by my observations. Also why would China with so many milions of people decide to use so drastic steps if it wasn't such a threat?
2020 at home. Events cancelled everywhere. People crowding supermarkets, forming lines, keeping a safeguard distance.
It does look like sci-fi but I say more of a dystopia.
Can't argue. But what is wrong with that? Events are basically just unnecessary stuff to entertain large crowds and some people make money from that. You can have fun also in small groups and for free, but this could be also a new niche for entertainers.
[/quote]
And then a possible recession.
We'll see about that. Even if we fall down again, we will rise even greater and so on and so on, until we'll selfdestruct. It's a circle of life. But I somehow don't think it will be that bad. I rather think that the world will now pause for a month (year?) or two and then just press play again or simply restart. I see that young people don't like how the things work today and they would have change the future anyway. The virus will just help them with a fresh start and to maybe start some new ideas sooner. At least in our country most of the people are not happy, but they have everything. Now is a chance to change lives.... But yeah, I agree that things will possibly go back to what they were before, because money makes the world go around. (I still hope, they will not)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Mar 2020 00:05

Maybe we don't fully agree. But you're cool. 8)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Mar 2020 00:06

I've got nothing to add. Now I posted the same thing twice. Sheesh. You must think either I have Alzheimer/dementia or I drank too much or I'm too nervous about the freaking virus ( the 'Chinese virus' to quote a very wise man :lol: ).

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 19 Mar 2020 00:36

I'm not sure this has been said in this topic, but did you heard about Trump wanting to buy a laboratory from Germany that tries to find a vaccine against the virus, and deport it in the USA to have the exclusivity of it ?

Even in a such crisis, capitalism is still active, it makes me sick...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Mar 2020 01:07

Trump is unique, isn't he?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 19 Mar 2020 01:58

Alex Chap, stop posting nonsense in the midst of this worldwide crisis. What you said was debunked in the press days ago as a false story based on misinterpretations.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Mar 2020 10:32

Misinterpretations? :roll:

Ok. I think this is the kind of attitude nobody wants or needs. Have a good day everyone.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 19 Mar 2020 11:20

Your advice on what I posted don't interest me TombTitan, and if it is to talk like this to me, I beg you to just don't express yourself.
This is the news I got and it's normal to communicate them, the article said that it was not a rumor nor an exageration.

If I was you, I would be more discreet as you just can't stop attracting attention towards you for bad reasons. Also be more polite here, that's not how members are supposed to interact on each other, I don't want to fight over an hot blooded person who just can't stop looking for trouble and I'm pretty sure everybody think the same here.

Peace.
Last edited by Alex Chap on 19 Mar 2020 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

Natah

Post by Natah » 19 Mar 2020 14:45

here in my city in Netherlands, the thing is very ugly, the police are arresting those who leave the house, just in extreme situation of filling the food stock, because the supermarkets here are getting empty, because of the general paralysis because of the corona virus, schools here have suspended classes indefinitely, I'm at home safe avoiding going out as much as possible. :blank
Alex Chap, stop posting nonsense in the midst of this worldwide crisis. What you said was debunked in the press days ago as a false story based on misinterpretations.
TombTitan,no need to talk like that, we were here in a peaceful conversation about the corona virus in each country of origin of each one, no it is necessary to have a temperament here, be peaceful :wink:
Who does not have dog, hunts with cat :wink:

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 19 Mar 2020 15:18

I’ve just been sent home from work because I have a cough! I’ve had a cough for years (I was a heavy smoker for some 35 odd years - gave up about 10 years ago as had a very bad smokers cough) but the cough still causes me some problems in the winter. My cough has got a bit worse in the last few weeks after I caught a bad cold. It’s an occasional cough, I am not coughing “my guts up” all day, but anyone at work who has ANY symptom of Coronavirus is being sent home as a precaution and a cough is one them. So despite me feeling perfectly well and not having a temperature or shortness of breath (Coronavirus symptoms are - a cough, temperature and shortness of breath) I have been deemed a risk to staff and customers alike. No one bothered about my cough before all this Covid 19 panic set in. And of cause I will only get Statuary Sick Pay which is virtually nothing money wise.
Last edited by Storm Chaser on 19 Mar 2020 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

Natah

Post by Natah » 19 Mar 2020 15:51

Storm Chaser wrote:
19 Mar 2020 15:18
I’ve just been sent home from work because I have a cough! I’ve had a cough for years (I was a heavy smoker for some 35 odd years - gave up about 10 years ago as had a very bad smokers cough) but the cough still causes me some problems in the winter. My cough has got a bit worse in the last few weeks after I caught a bad cold. It’s an occasional cough, I am not coughing “my guts up” all day, but anyone at work who has ANY symptom of Coronavirus is being sent home as a precaution and a cough is one them. So despite me feeling perfectly well and not having a temperature or shortness of breath (Coronavirus symptoms are - a cough, temperature and shortness of breath) I have been deemed a risk to staff and customers alike. No one bothered about my cough before all this Covid 19 panic set in. And of cause I will only get Statuary Sick Pay which is virtually nothing money wise.
yes! unfortunately the virus at low temperature, the virus is stronger, and probably people with low immunity will catch it, like older people, or people who are already sick, like blood for example, but i am not an expert in this area , but the only thing I can say is that you stay in the quarantine house, use alcohol and gel or 70%, every two hours, and relax, being inside the house, you will not pick it up and especially with friends and family you said this worried. :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Mar 2020 15:52

Irrationality can easily take over and the results are always ugly.

Anyway, since The Trump was mentioned a few posts ago, here's a laughing pause for you all. Live from the Daily Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWO6i8cH8SA&t=22s

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 19 Mar 2020 16:05

Natah wrote:
19 Mar 2020 15:51

yes! unfortunately the virus at low temperature, the virus is stronger, and probably people with low immunity will catch it, like older people, or people who are already sick, like blood for example, but i am not an expert in this area , but the only thing I can say is that you stay in the quarantine house, use alcohol and gel or 70%, every two hours, and relax, being inside the house, you will not pick it up and especially with friends and family you said this worried. :)
They are not worried that I may have Coronavirus - which l don’t. They are only worried that the customers will panic if they see or hear me cough and not spend money. When I said I felt I was being victimised because I have a cough they came out with “Government Guidelines” and similar corporate crap! Sheer panic has set in!

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 19 Mar 2020 16:07

Jorge22 wrote:
19 Mar 2020 15:52
Irrationality can easily take over and the results are ugly
Too true.

Natah

Post by Natah » 19 Mar 2020 16:09

They are not worried that I may have Coronavirus - which l don’t. They are only worried that the customers will panic if they see or hear me cough and not spend money. When I said I felt I was being victimised because I have a cough they came out with “Government Guidelines” and similar corporate crap! Sheer panic has set in!
oh yes! I have avoided coughing even if it is just a normal cough, after all people would think I was infected and not and that is what we want, one more thing, the government is in action on "quarantine here" we have already received news that it is not to leave the house at all, I am worried about my girlfriend, since we were distant because we were unable to leave the house.