Have any of you ever heard of the Retribution engine?

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Thegreatpopo

Have any of you ever heard of the Retribution engine?

Post by Thegreatpopo » 25 Feb 2020 16:11

It is a FPS game maker, it's engine is dated tough, the graphics are akin to the first half life, it uses md2 models and such but it's easy to pick up and create classic retro fps shooters with it akin of doom and quake

This is what I just made

My map I created below, it uses Tomb Raider 2 assets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b4UyOp ... p=drivesdk

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 7317090778

https://gofile.io/?c=uCRJkM

It doesn't need the engine itself to play this map

The engine with all its tools can be downloaded here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/retribengine/

Added 2 new mirrors, reply if anyone has problems downloading.
Last edited by Thegreatpopo on 25 Feb 2020 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Storm Chaser

Re: Have any of you ever heard of the Retribution engine?

Post by Storm Chaser » 25 Feb 2020 20:17

I’ve never heard of it but it looks interesting. If it wasn't for the fact that FPS’s give me motion sickness, I’d be tempted to D/L it.

Thegreatpopo

Post by Thegreatpopo » 25 Feb 2020 20:52

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, there aren't any maps/games made by this, it's a very obscure engine but good for what it is, the in-map editor scripting is very simple, no coding necessary but you sorta can make simple cutscenes like in half life 1 with this not kidding, it's quite easy to learn too.

It has it's own model editor but you still need a model editor (like Milkshape 3D, the one I use) of your own to make models with animations and then import it into it's model editor to set up it's collision box, configure the model and convert it for the main engine.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 25 Feb 2020 21:13

That looks great! I'd love to try it but the GoogleDrive link requests authorization for download. Could you open it for everyone, pretty please? :2thumbsup:
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 01 Mar 2020 06:38

I finally had the chance to give this a go and thought it was a pretty cool take on the Offshore Rig level. I almost feared I wouldn't have enough ammo to take down the huge zombie-like dude protecting the keycard lol, but otherwise it was a good (although quite short) distraction. Again, thanks for sharing! :2thumbsup:
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Thegreatpopo

Post by Thegreatpopo » 01 Mar 2020 09:46

Yeah, I named him Terminator (yes really, his eyes glow red too) he's like a mini-boss

as you can see in the end, I didn't finish the level fully, it was supposed to be longer but I had time constraints sadly, so I had to abandon it, I hope some people here may get interested in this engine

Oh yeah once you download it's engine from here it comes with its map editor, model editor and episode editor as well as it comes with pre-installed maps and small episodes, challenge maps (think of time trial maps) survival maps (see how long you live while enemies come in waves)

It has a full single player episode known as Corridors Of Power made by the creator himself, good to get familiar with the engine.