Cemonks890

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Mehrbod

Cemonks890

Post by Mehrbod » 01 Feb 2020 15:59

Hi. Sorry for making this thread but I can't stand this anymore.

@Cemonks890,
You are VERY RUDE and a CHILD as a person. First, you started insulting me back at tombraiderforums, I decided to stay quiet (do not fool others by saying "no, this is not true"), and now, you are filled up with jealousness and rudeness that you have left a bad review over my game without even finishing it. You were waiting up to the last moment for me to give you your "J" key for jumping.

However, you are a very rude and childish person who knows no limits, and if you think by leaving the review, you are satisfied, WELLL OOKKKKKKK! ARE YOU HAPPPY NOW????????????????????

I'm NEVER coming back to this community and I will never forgive you for your rudeness and the insults you made over my game.

I will never forget the bad words you told me by calling my project "drivel (nonesense)", personally throwing accusations at me.

First, you call me a big lier... well, you are a bigger lier too it seems. First, you say you want to take back your words on TRF and tell others that "hey, I'm leaving and I have nothing to do with this community." Secondly, you'll post a review with no vision of the game is exactly is.

A narrow-minded person like you can't simply understand how much effort is being put for the programming. When you can't play the game and give its brand new features a go, why posting a review with no background information?

Do you think you are a good reviewer? I think you are a jealous player. I feel sorry for this community to have a person like you who thinks is a good reviewer. If you dare yourself, go ahead, make a game that looks even better than the others, and do not just keep your side at the reviewer and make bold allegations against others.

I'm not the only one who is simply suffering from your offensive language. There are a lot of builders whose projects have been underrated and forgotten.

And one last thing...
Even on these forums, you obviously announced you won't review games anymore, but what exactly did change your mind specifically about my game? "The profound and righteousness of yours?"
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=31101 (first post)

Link to the thread on TRF and his accusations thrown at me: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpo ... ostcount=7
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpo ... stcount=14
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpo ... stcount=17
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpo ... stcount=31

I'm done with this community and can not tolerate stupid people like you.
Good luck.

Egypt has many secrets and mysteries yet to be discovered ... :)

Wolf7

Re: Cemonks890

Post by Wolf7 » 01 Feb 2020 17:14

Congratulations, Ceamonks, congratulations. You have made probably one of the most ambitious level builders, or better programmer, leave this place. Great job, seriously.
Why caring. It's just a game, an unofficial game that tried to br different, that wanted to pay a tribute to TR4. It's just a f***ing hobby people have to spend their time. Nothing is perfect, Mehrbod's game may have had it's problems, but he did this for free, just like Titak, Psiko, and all those skilled builder that "make incredible games even at their first try". He put passion just as any other person would have had. He doesn't deserve to be harassed for every mistake he may have committed, we all do mistakes.
Go and make a game, we'll see how perfect it is, or better go and get a life instead of stressing someone else to the point of leaving.
Vergognati. (Feel ashamed)
I need to recover my sanity, I don't recognize myself sometimes.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Feb 2020 17:39

I really think Ceamonk isn't known to be the best reviewer among reviewers. Just my impression but I believe I'm not alone.

Were his words harsh? Yes. They sound harsh. Definitely. Like one of those "professional critics" no one really cares about. Watch Birdman to see a great portrait of one such person. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d5KovCbU8w

And now we have some background to it.

Jesus!

I really hope to continue having Mehrbod around as he's one of the most polite, less offensive people that ever came here.

So, don't leave. One reviewer does not represent the universe of reviewers or reviews.

----------------------

In case anybody wonders, yes, I agree the thread's title is maybe too personal and all that. I still added my two cents because it made sense. But it's not personal from me (although I understand it got personal and that's how it is). It's actually more about certain types of reviews and good members leaving the place. Which I think is a shame.

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 01 Feb 2020 20:37

Quote from Cemonks890's review...
And that my dear readers, is...
my dear readers????
OMG! This guy is in love with his critical analysis.

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 01 Feb 2020 21:18

Besides the drama... Ceamonks890's (5, 4, 4, 4) rating for The Lost Secret of Egypt by Mehrbod it's INSANE! This game is really, really good and I had amazing time with it.
Theoretically - It's like me, to rated low, customs by Psiko, because they different are simply not my style... Insane and ignorant :angry:

lizard queen

Post by lizard queen » 01 Feb 2020 21:56

The best way to make your views heard and where to make them really count is to write a review of Mehrbod's level, what you enjoyed about his level and what you disagreed about Ceamonk's review. The more reviews a level gets, the lesser the one negative review really matters.

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 01 Feb 2020 22:28

I cant do that. My english is really bad :(

lizard queen

Post by lizard queen » 01 Feb 2020 22:36

Sylwia wrote:
01 Feb 2020 22:28
I cant do that. My english is really bad :(
Your english is perfectly fine! I understood everything you wrote. And you don't have to write large reviews either. I've seen one line reviews where they just say how much they enjoyed the level and then they give marks for it. :nice:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Feb 2020 01:06

She's right, you know. Half the people make mistakes but they're still understood. Go for it! ;)

Ceamonks890

Re: Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 02 Feb 2020 03:01

OK. I can understand your disgust of my earlier words on TRF from December 2019 Mehrbod and in regards to that, I genuinely apologize (as I certainly could have worded things better then, with the knowledge I have now). I've always been a pretty blunt person when it comes to expressing myself (Not denying that aspect of my personality anymore), but I realized not too long after leaving TRF, how truly & genuinely guilty I felt afterward for effectively opening the floodgates on ya (as you publicly stated you'd been harassed via DMs by other users on TRF, of which again, I had absolutely no involvement in). If you truly were surrounded by others in such a confined space and mauled with unconstructive, jumbled words of hate, then I greatly condemn those involved. But otherwise, yeah. I know I'm not perfect and bound to make mistakes time after time. But how else would others learn and avoid what not to do in a situation from then on? I know my response is likely to pose as nothing more than an empty, unmoving promise to both you & my detractors. But I have never intentionally lied to anyone in my life about anything serious and it's very unlikely to change now. And as such, I will try to be more careful with my word choices in future.

You want to know why I decided to come back and review custom levels again, only a month after I publicly expressed my frustrations accordingly with the community and became a victim of unwarranted vitriol & cyberbullying myself during that whole scandal as a result of what I said?

Well, it's because through all the depressing, seemingly never ending lines of over-the-top anger and foul-mouthed responses I received over my actions, there were a number of respectful users who still reached out to me or left messages on your TRF thread, stating how devastated or saddened they were to see how I was treated by the hate mobs or the community generally (as they considered me a good reviewer and in some cases, voice actor who didn't deserve such ill-willed treatment for merely speaking one's mind on a given matter, legitimately hoping I'd return someday).

My return to critiquing custom levels was never intended as another opportunity to openly attack ya, but instead as a chance to set things right as a better-written, more professional critique that puts all this unneeded baggage for both of us to bed (so we can both move on from this unfortunately long-winded & played-out scenario).

Again, if I could go back and alter the previous outcome to not have my final thoughts in that moment be a tad too aggressive-sounding, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But when you realize that the human brain is hardwired to look more at the negative than positive (no matter how big or small a difference it is), fears of overwhelming anger or sadness start to gradually fade away into the back of your mind.

I came back to this community because there are kind and thoughtful individuals whom despite not always agreeing with what I have to say, still appreciate my insight regardless when its available and wanted me to stick around in spite of who I am. That was a very inspiring moment to think over, which effectively rejuvenated my love for not only classic Tomb Raider/TRLE, but for critiquing in general after enough time spent away.

I'm passionate about what I do as a reviewer and voice actor. And knowing there are those types of open-minded individuals out there, is something to be admired as a truly special feat (which has been the case likewise for you on the other side of the moral paradigm). So I don't understand why you want to throw your unofficial career as a builder away, over just a small guy like me. I'm just one voice in a sea of many. So ensure to take what I said in my review as feedback to take on and improve on your talents for next time. I even praised you in my current review for your technical ingenuity. So tell me... If I was really out to get ya, would I have even left that bit of praise or hope you do better for next time? I think not :)

Just be more honest about the contents you're offering with your works in future and believe me, we'll start to get along better as people. Trust me. I'm a man of my word :wink:

I'm really struggling to understand how anything I said in my current review was criminally offensive or rude however (aside from the admittedly pretentious 'fellow readers'/'accidental mistake' comments and the overly harsh response to your writing, which is fair criticism directed at me that I will ensure to not do again or word more tastefully in my reviews from now on).

But those aspects aside, I was trying my best to actually remain professional when writing my honest thoughts out. Whenever I write critiques on trle.net or usually criticize the quality of a given work among friends & family, its never intended to be a personal attack on the creators (but instead as a chance to analyze and give my opinion on design areas of a given project).

At the end of the day, I don't care if there are those who still greatly dislike me after reading all this anymore and hope this has cleared up any unanswered questions or unclear grey areas subsequently. But if I somehow managed to convince you that I ain't a seemingly inconsiderate prick that so many within the community seem to unfairly view me under, great. If I didn't, that's your choice (as misinformed and dated a perspective as it is).

All I ask in return, is for those whom I've graciously left unnamed to grow up a little themselves with a thicker skin and respectfully agree to disagree, rather than see legitimate, verifiable criticism as a personal attack and an excuse to spew unnecessary bile down the figurative throats of critics just trying to help out builders in improving their skills and craft even better levels as a result of that.

Anyway, I'm heading back into writing more reviews. So I hope we can all learn a lesson from this situation and continue to move forward as a community.

Cheers,
Ceamonks

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 02 Feb 2020 03:38

At least, by looking at Ceamonks' review page, you can't tell there's anything personal against any particular builder, based on marks:

-He has 769 reviews, which means 3076 independent marks given. Out of those 3076 marks, none of them is 10.

Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 02 Feb 2020 04:05

^Ah, you're not the first to inquire about my reasoning for not giving 10s in my reviews nor are you likely to be the last. My reasoning for that is simple... I feel giving 10s indicates to the average joe, that a given levelset is flawless and possesses no issues or room for justified scrutiny (which in my opinion, is absolutely not the right way to approach critiques of any given item). Never mind custom levels. So this is why I give 9s for the really high-quality stuff that most would give perfect 10s in any other scenario.

The core critique itself is what I consider more important however, as I don't particularly care for scoring systems myself (If you've seen my old thread from 2018 in the Reviews section of this forum, you'd understand my stance on the matter better). But nevertheless, I try my best to accommodate around the system as a sort of middle-ground, despite my objections for the current review system of high scores over articulate word-of-mouth.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Feb 2020 12:41

Well, it is what it is. Some people will always be (in my view and especially taking into account what these levels mean and are and how many really uninteresting levels there are out there too) perhaps too demanding.

What can I say? I accept it. I just don't want to be evaluated in my work by people who are too demanding on others. Because one can't help compare those kinds of evaluations with so many others and justly believe one has been wronged in some way.

At least your review didn't get into micro-pixel details most people don't understand or even care about.

Mehrbod, come back. Come on, man, we're all waiting for you! 8)

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 02 Feb 2020 12:48

@Ceamonks
I didn't inquire about your reasoning, as I already have a pretty good idea about it. I just mentioned it as an argument why Mehbrod shouldn't take it personally.

Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 02 Feb 2020 13:03

^Oh well, never mind then. Doesn't hurt to reaffirm my stance to those whom aren't informed regardless.

@Jorge22 Thank you for your objective response. It's always refreshing to hear outlooks from cooler heads. I can only hope Mehrbod learns to do the same, if he ever decides to return from this pretty overly dramatic situation. Who knows? His next release might even turn out to surprise me in all the right ways, with the insight he has at his disposal now from his experiences on Lost Secret of Egypt.