Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Post Reply
User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 9995
Joined: 21 May 2003 04:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Jorge22 » 22 Nov 2019 17:05

Eh eh eh - do notice that I used one more eh that what is generally used. ;)

It might. Then again, it might not. I actually never felt the urge to build levels. One of our old-time builders, a nice person with much potential who left many moons ago (sorry that I don't remember the name) actually insisted that I should build. But that's it: I never felt that urge. I do other things though. Just not building. And I have a lot of respect for people who do something, building levels in this case, especially when they're original.
Image

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: 07 May 2015 22:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 22 Nov 2019 17:36

I am thinking of signing up but Obviously University work is more important complete.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Image

User avatar
MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 10471
Joined: 23 Aug 2001 13:52
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by MichaelP » 23 Nov 2019 14:07

@Marek - understand your points and fair enough, just allow me one clarification: Jesus made the proposal way back when to work this "secretly" because he was not fully sure how much tim he could devote to it and when and it was my decision to allow him to do that and support the approach. Because indeed - as I run the website, I run the competition and hence in the end make the calls - not Jesus. I know some people will quickly scream right away at this sentence about autocracy and patronism and whatever else… , but I am just being clear on the facts here and as we have met in person in London I am sure you understand what I mean by that.

As for everything else - I really find people tend to worry too much about things they don't need to worry about. Sign up if you want to and have a passion to be a part of this. Despite all the language we don't bite and people have always helped each other out greatly in the BtB builders forums…
Image

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: 07 May 2015 22:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 23 Nov 2019 14:20

BlackWolfTR wrote:
21 Nov 2019 20:46
Im thinking about join but im not sure :| Im dont professional builder and this is be my first level. Im need to think about it. :bomb:
This will be my first level too, Just make sure that more important things like (Education , work Etc) are done first. None of us can guarantee that our levels will be ready on time (We all have more important things to do.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Image

User avatar
Trikazz
Member
Member
Posts: 532
Joined: 11 Oct 2017 15:48
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Trikazz » 23 Nov 2019 23:03

but as now and end of year, I will be 30 missing to finish what I have to do at school but I will be up to date with my btb2020, of course the first studies. :D
Image

OverRaider
Member
Member
Posts: 811
Joined: 05 Dec 2012 21:35

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by OverRaider » 24 Nov 2019 00:33

MichaelP wrote:
23 Nov 2019 14:07
@Marek - understand your points and fair enough, just allow me one clarification: Jesus made the proposal way back when to work this "secretly" because he was not fully sure how much tim he could devote to it and when and it was my decision to allow him to do that and support the approach. Because indeed - as I run the website, I run the competition and hence in the end make the calls - not Jesus. I know some people will quickly scream right away at this sentence about autocracy and patronism and whatever else… , but I am just being clear on the facts here and as we have met in person in London I am sure you understand what I mean by that.

As for everything else - I really find people tend to worry too much about things they don't need to worry about. Sign up if you want to and have a passion to be a part of this. Despite all the language we don't bite and people have always helped each other out greatly in the BtB builders forums…
Ok Michael, I am actually by no means in a position to even open a mouth for all this, I am just a mere member of this community and I have not even contributed to it that much anyway. It's true that I don't even have a slightest idea how much work must go into creating the package, I respect that work and trust me, I myself can agree about the amount of participants vs amount of released levels not being the fairest result, now I am quoting myself from the Future of back to basics thread:
OverRaider wrote:
15 Sep 2018 11:44
... why would btb end when each year the team created a masterpiece package, then I understood one thing that the team puts a massive effort to create such amazing package, and when it`s announced, 60+ level designers sign up for a competition and only very few of them (btb space only 10 levels) finish their levels, and maybe this is why there might be the lack of leadership or lack of package contributors, because it discourages them.
So you see I of course do empathise with them actually and now I even see that I thought that there are 10 levels for space theme when there actually are only 8. But as other people said and as you also agreed that the "language" to lure builders into competition could be a bit more inviting and welcoming otherwise it has opposite effect and I'd also like to add to this, and this has already been said by some people too, that perhaps it really would be a good idea to showcase what the package contains. I don't mean to show it all, just a bit of tease so that builders can have a glimpse of the idea of what they could build with it and then the balance between registered builders vs released levels could be more succesful.

I still want to explain as to why I reacted as I did, even if I over reacted to it, actually when I asked you about the progress of btb I got the answer that space might be the last one and reason for it lack of leadership. Nothing more was spoken about this matter. Then I was thinking if there is anything I can do to help to it and that's why I created the topic about future of btb and kindly asked if there is anyone from the btb team to tell the community what's going on with the btb and I also had idea about reusing the previous packages to create a special round and many people actually liked this idea. You responded that the btb is not dead but rather in a slow cooking mode. Months and months passed and no news from btb team and then Gerty wrote this:
Gerty wrote:
18 Sep 2019 12:04
As for the BtB, all I know is that a small group of people are busy with whatever they have to do. Have no idea about what the theme will be or what date they have in their heads.
So this actually got me hyped that there still is something being made and as Gerty said SMALL GROUP I thought that if they need help then I can contribute as much as I am able to put more life in it, because I am actually busy with my own projects, I am also creating my own textures and own objects but I would have helped to btb team anyway even if little contribution and then I see that message that the fact that the btb space was intended to be the last one and it should have never been taken out was perceived to me very personal as it was me who brought all that up in here. I could not understand why was that bad from my side that I was only trying to help :( ... But now we discussed about it and more or less accepted and understood most of it, so thank you for your time and honesty about all that, and of course thank you to btb team for spending enourmous amount of time and effort to bring the opportunity having yet another round again.

As for joining or not I will think about it, though if I happen to join I can't promise finished product however I can promise attempt, effort and dedication of course... :)

User avatar
Arakanga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: 28 Nov 2007 19:36
Location: Czech Republic, Prague
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Arakanga » 25 Nov 2019 08:29

I'll try again this year. Last few years kept throwing a ton of personal and family related issues at me, so I hope this year will be different and I'll finally get back to building.

User avatar
vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 11922
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 16:10
Location: denmark

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by vimmers » 25 Nov 2019 10:00

Arakanga wrote:
25 Nov 2019 08:29
I'll try again this year. Last few years kept throwing a ton of personal and family related issues at me, so I hope this year will be different and I'll finally get back to building.
sounds good but keep this in mind
A growing trend of what I call ‘absences’ have surfaced as well for a long time in the series (I mean, 36 registrations and 8 levels out of it... And Greece got around 64 registrations! What happened to the rest of the people? All of them left for personal
so read the first post again same goes to others not only you ARA

User avatar
Arakanga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: 28 Nov 2007 19:36
Location: Czech Republic, Prague
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Arakanga » 25 Nov 2019 13:20

vimmers wrote:
25 Nov 2019 10:00
Arakanga wrote:
25 Nov 2019 08:29
I'll try again this year. Last few years kept throwing a ton of personal and family related issues at me, so I hope this year will be different and I'll finally get back to building.
sounds good but keep this in mind
A growing trend of what I call ‘absences’ have surfaced as well for a long time in the series (I mean, 36 registrations and 8 levels out of it... And Greece got around 64 registrations! What happened to the rest of the people? All of them left for personal
so read the first post again same goes to others not only you ARA
Thank you for the reminder, but I did read the initial post before considering the registration. I also read the following discussion, so I believe I am well informed. If someone fails to read the initial post, I do not believe they will react to yours. I seriously hope no one goes into the competition with no intent of building at all, bur anything is possible. For me, I would say it is still better to at at leasť participate and attempt to finish the level than keep anticipating personal issues to interfere and give up on BtB completely. But of course, if the rules end up changing regarding unfinished levels, I don't mind withdrawing my registration.
This place just got interesting!
---
Sergeant Calhoun, Wreck-It Ralph

User avatar
vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 11922
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 16:10
Location: denmark

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by vimmers » 25 Nov 2019 15:47

Arakanga wrote:
25 Nov 2019 13:20
vimmers wrote:
25 Nov 2019 10:00
Arakanga wrote:
25 Nov 2019 08:29
I'll try again this year. Last few years kept throwing a ton of personal and family related issues at me, so I hope this year will be different and I'll finally get back to building.
sounds good but keep this in mind
A growing trend of what I call ‘absences’ have surfaced as well for a long time in the series (I mean, 36 registrations and 8 levels out of it... And Greece got around 64 registrations! What happened to the rest of the people? All of them left for personal
so read the first post again same goes to others not only you ARA
Thank you for the reminder, but I did read the initial post before considering the registration. I also read the following discussion, so I believe I am well informed. If someone fails to read the initial post, I do not believe they will react to yours. I seriously hope no one goes into the competition with no intent of building at all, bur anything is possible. For me, I would say it is still better to at at leasť participate and attempt to finish the level than keep anticipating personal issues to interfere and give up on BtB completely. But of course, if the rules end up changing regarding unfinished levels, I don't mind withdrawing my registration.
in that case u got my permission :2thumbsup:
no my post wasn't to you
but to all and i fully support jesus dession

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: 07 May 2015 22:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 26 Nov 2019 14:51

Arakanga wrote:
25 Nov 2019 08:29
. For me, I would say it is still better to at at leasť participate and attempt to finish the level than keep anticipating personal issues to interfere and give up on BtB completely. But of course, if the rules end up changing regarding unfinished levels, I don't mind withdrawing my registration.
Just to come back to something i've said previously, Yeah we all have things that will crop up during the time of BTB, Sorry but BTB Is not the most important thing, I mean I get why people are a bit upset, but some people need to understand That there are more important things. But its important to get Work, Education and other important stuff done first.

I said this before and I will say it again no one can promise a level will be built on time.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Image

User avatar
Adngel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Oct 2006 18:35
Location: UK

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Adngel » 27 Nov 2019 04:34

Tibet levels of TR2 were great.

I wonder if there will be any snowmobile in the pack.
Will there be more temple or more mountain style?
What kind of enemies will dare to stop Lara?
How many wonderful traps will it contain? *.*
Too many questions, but I´m happy to know the pack is near ready.

The time for the building period I also think it´s reasonable.

About the tools, there are too much time since I don´t use the room edit, but it´s true that NGLE used to crashed in my pc. If that "Tomb Editor" is accepted, I think I may try to go with it. Sure there are many things and tricks I won´t know about it, but I also think there may be documentation or forum topics with the frequent questions, I think it´s doable.

Thanks for the event. :3
Image

User avatar
Tolle87
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1068
Joined: 12 Oct 2012 11:31
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Tolle87 » 27 Nov 2019 04:49

Adngel wrote:
27 Nov 2019 04:34
About the tools, there are too much time since I don´t use the room edit, but it´s true that NGLE used to crashed in my pc. If that "Tomb Editor" is accepted, I think I may try to go with it. Sure there are many things and tricks I won´t know about it, but I also think there may be documentation or forum topics with the frequent questions, I think it´s doable.

Tomb Editor is accepted, so the builders will be able to choose the editor they prefer. They will also be provided with both textual instructions and video tutorial regarding TE. Of course, help inside sub-forum discussions goes without saying. If you know how to build with NGLE, you won't be needing more than few hours to get fully comfortable with TE.
Image

User avatar
Tombraider95
Member
Member
Posts: 465
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 22:10

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by Tombraider95 » 27 Nov 2019 07:43

Tolle87 wrote:
27 Nov 2019 04:49
Tomb Editor is accepted, so the builders will be able to choose the editor they prefer. They will also be provided with both textual instructions and video tutorial regarding TE. Of course, help inside sub-forum discussions goes without saying. If you know how to build with NGLE, you won't be needing more than few hours to get fully comfortable with TE.
Is this confirmed? Have I missed it? The last thing I read was that Micheal said it was looking promising and he wasn't ready to confirm success?

If it is confirmed I think it needs to be promoted very clearly and loudly so everyone who hasn't entered because TE wasn't allowed, will know!
Image

User avatar
constantine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: 05 Sep 2012 20:41
Location: Czech republic
Contact:

Re: Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

Post by constantine » 27 Nov 2019 08:20

Adngel wrote:
27 Nov 2019 04:34
I wonder if there will be any snowmobile in the pack.
I was wondering the same. There was a horse in Greece, so I suppose there might be a snowmobile. Not sure if I will be using it, but it would definitely be a cool feature for the levels.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests