off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

The Like Spammer

Post by Teone » 07 Nov 2019 12:05

The Like Spammer is back! :lol:
In a couple of days, Hostile Waters by srDanielPonce has got 15648 likes, and other CaC games are well placed.
Is this guy aware this is not the voting method? :roll:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: The Like Spammer

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Nov 2019 13:25

:lol:

That's why I think that maybe the like option could be removed. I mean, does anybody even pay attention?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 07 Nov 2019 13:43

I'm still shook it wasn't fixed after Ian hacked a million likes for his level :P
woof

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 07 Nov 2019 14:10

I think that Michael left the like feature intentionally because if he would remove it then they would spam the download count instead, because quite honestly, some people really have nothing more to do in their lives it seems

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 07 Nov 2019 14:48

The download count does not indicate the actual number of files downloaded to someone's computer. It only indicates the number of times someone tries to download the file.

This is why the download count for "A Very Bad Grund" is so high, because the link for that file was broken for days, and people kept wanting to download it.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 07 Nov 2019 15:24

TombTitan wrote:
07 Nov 2019 14:48
The download count does not indicate the actual number of files downloaded to someone's computer. It only indicates the number of times someone tries to download the file.

This is why the download count for "A Very Bad Grund" is so high, because the link for that file was broken for days, and people kept wanting to download it.
sounds you don't know the LIKE button
i am with OverRaider

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 07 Nov 2019 15:38

Vimmers, I was talking about the DOWNLOAD count feature, and not the LIKE feature!!!
There was no disagreement with anyone. I was merely explaining the download count problem with "A Very Bad Grund", and not the like count.

Trikazz

Post by Trikazz » 07 Nov 2019 16:05

@tombtitan,what you want? you are spamming 24 hours complaining about the levels of cac, talking badly about the level of daniel, calling that has no classic implications, complaining about the level of russia as boring and impossible ", listen here if you complain, just leave it to you !, we have problem with the plugins ok, but you can only complain, "" troll "" stay in yours and you will do something in your useless empty life.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Nov 2019 16:17

Sheesh..........................

Mr XY

Post by Mr XY » 07 Nov 2019 16:53

For some reason my old Tibetan Winter level also has 7556 likes but I swear I didn't touch that button. :D

I think it must be a bot or something?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 07 Nov 2019 18:14

Pedro the Gamer:
Why don't you learn how to read English before making comments you know nothing about.

I never commented on the Russian Base level at all anywhere. I haven't even played it, and from what I have seen of it, it may be one of the better ones. I never criticized the Hostile Waters level's playabilty or design.

I only complained about the release of the level with a plugin built specifically for Hostile Waters that was never tested in the wider community as to whether it would work on anybody's computer. It was too new of a plugin requiring a more recent version of Visual C on a player's computer if they did not already have it. The process of releasing such a level was the problem---not the level. The readme file did not even mention the need for Visual C.

Building a new software tool for the competition was my complaint regarding Classic Levels, not the actual levels.

ANYWAY -- Pedro, why don't you go back and learn how to build levels. I tried playing your new level (as did 2 people on the Levelbase), but the game crashes in places, or comes to a dead end early after using the jumpswitch in the upstairs room behind the window. We all gave up on it. You should not release levels that don't work.

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 07 Nov 2019 18:41

I'm still shook it wasn't fixed after Ian hacked a million likes for his level
That was Cory,as you well know :D
Not that I don't enjoy seeing all that approval,of course;even if it was created by a piece of code.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 07 Nov 2019 18:55

I never knew it was him, thanks for telling
woof

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 07 Nov 2019 20:32

I'm sure I posted about it a couple of times - but these things can be easily missed among all the birthday greetings :D
Basically,it was a school project about 7 years ago. He created some code and let it run through the night. He chose that level to test it on because he wanted something obscure that not many people would see. :angry: :angry:
By the following morning,it had racked up over 1000000 hits!

Trikazz

Post by Trikazz » 07 Nov 2019 21:20

ANYWAY -- Pedro, why don't you go back and learn how to build levels. I tried playing your new level (as did 2 people on the Levelbase), but the game crashes in places, or comes to a dead end early after using the jumpswitch in the upstairs room behind the window. We all gave up on it. You should not release levels that don't work.
Aaah,why not send stuck theathed to me help your?basically when you push the jump switch open a side door, which has a short time, when you reach the tip, you jump and action until the house hangs on the wall, then just go right to break the fuse box. send a better version)