I Hate Decorating

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Storm Chaser

I Hate Decorating

Post by Storm Chaser » 21 Oct 2019 22:21

Currently decorating the house. En suite and bathroom finished, now doing the kitchen. Only lounge, dining room, hall & stairs, two cupboards and three bedrooms to go! Grrrrrr

:no:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: I Hate Decorating

Post by SuzanneJack » 21 Oct 2019 23:20

I'm doing the utility room now for three (on the 3rd week) and going out of my freaking mind!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bomb: Know just how you feel! These people that do the work say bull shite and want a bunch of money! :bomb: BIGGEST NIGHTMARE of my life!

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 22 Oct 2019 12:04

Ah, decorating; I feel your pain :D . I was sooooooo glad to let Smartarse take over when he retired. Since I've always belonged to the 'let's just get it done quickly' school of decorating and he's painstaking in his approach, the old place does tend to look better these days and after I'd redone the hall, stairs, landing and stairs for the third time, I flatly refused to consider it ever again. Plus, I'm 5' 2" and right handed and he's 6' 1" and ambidextrous so painting ceilings is a lot faster for him.

Best of luck with it.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 22 Oct 2019 12:31

Jay wrote:
22 Oct 2019 12:04
Best of luck with it.
I’ve just finished the emulsion in the kitchen, so tomorrow will do the glossing (hate the smell of gloss paint - time to get the scented candles out) and then it’s onto the hall, stairs and landing which IMHO is by far the worst part of the house to decorate. 😩

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 22 Oct 2019 13:48

So agree about the stairs, especially when you're dealing with two flights. Arrgh.

I used to find cutting up an onion and leaving bits around the place neutralised the smell of gloss pretty well. Although initially it's more a question of putting up with two awful smells, I must admit. :lol:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Storm Chaser

Post by Storm Chaser » 22 Oct 2019 15:38

As I’m now getting on a bit, I find decorating rather hard work. Much easier when I was younger - still hated doing it though. Cut up onion sounds interesting.