I need to say good bye

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

I need to say good bye

Post by SuzanneJack » 14 Sep 2019 23:52

:( I can't play any of these levels any more. I can't deal with the timed runs anymore, they are for the younger people. I just wanted to have fun, but I don't want to ask for help constantly to get thru a level. I have a disease and I can't consecrate on the game anymore.

Love you all and will miss you :heart:
Suz

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: I need to say good bye

Post by Jorge22 » 15 Sep 2019 00:19

Suzanne, I have no idea. Maybe you're just having a bad day? Or possibly a bad moment? All I can say right now is you'll always be among us. And you will, right? As for young people, well... :)

Teone

Post by Teone » 15 Sep 2019 01:13

It's for Quest of Gold, Suzanne? I know, it's hard but you have almost finished, come on!
I dedicate you this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rYjfciwWGk :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 15 Sep 2019 09:39

Suzanne, Vimmers posted a savegame for you for QofG Gold after you made this thread. You should be able to continue with that savegame.

Regarding the age of players: This is not a problem for QofG Gold because I played your savegame 30 minutes ago to the point past Vimmers save where the legend key is, and I am older than both you and Jorge22. However, it is a problem for some nameless "sadistic" levels where builders expect players to be able to use multiple fingers mimicking "3 hands at once" which is essentially impossible.

I hope you will finish this game, but there are still some hard parts left. Help will be given as usual if needed.

If you had trouble with Clara and Sponge's new game, you should try again. The only so-called timed run is actually just a fast move around the building from left to right using three buttons to turn on 3 lights at once. It is not hard if you know which way to go. Most of the difficulties in this new game are with figuring out how to solve puzzles and dealing with a few minor keystroke glitches such as opening the staircase, jumping through the broken window, or placing objects on the barbecue.

The Core Design based Tomb Raider games (and all of the TRLE customlevels) are actually 3-D action time-management adventure games (developed from the text-adventure games of the 1970s-1990s). If you intend to abandon Tomb Raider, then you might find that you would like playing mouse-driven 2-D adventure games which are NOT time-management (i.e. timed-runs and limited clock time). All of these games use puzzles and maps. Some of them are categorized as hidden object games, but they are NOT the boring seek-and-find games of 10 years ago. Some of the new 2018 and 2019 games by companies such as Eipix, Amax Interactive, 5BN, and Elephant Games are actually very good adventure puzzle/map games with very good graphics (and all have built-in strategy guides with hint/skip features to help complete the game when you are stuck). You might browse internet search engines on how to get these new games.

Good luck.

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 15 Sep 2019 12:38

SuzanneJack wrote:
14 Sep 2019 23:52
:( I can't play any of these levels any more. I can't deal with the timed runs anymore, they are for the younger people. I just wanted to have fun, but I don't want to ask for help constantly to get thru a level. I have a disease and I can't consecrate on the game anymore.

Love you all and will miss you :heart:
Suz
But you still can come here and say a word or two. You're always welcome.

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 15 Sep 2019 18:08

But you still can come here and say a word or two. You're always welcome.
Hear hear!
We'll always be a friendly place.Whenever you feel the need to be cheered up,drop by :)

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 15 Sep 2019 20:16

I am so very sorry! I had the worst day yesterday. My little sister died last year and today is her birthday. We put her ashes (some of them) in my Mom and Dad's flower urn on this day last year. I just wanted to play and not think sad thoughts, but as you can tell, it didn't work. I am doing much better today. Thank you all so much for the kind words, they really mean a lot to me and so do all of you. :-o

Love you all!

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 15 Sep 2019 20:40

Well, with all you've been through it's understandable that you would be feeling a little tense, but I'm glad that you are doing a bit better now. Sending you lots of love. :hug:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 15 Sep 2019 20:56

That's the attitude. Hold on! :2thumbsup:

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 16 Sep 2019 14:45

Ah, Suz, my dear trout. :comfort:

I know some of those timed runs can be hard and getting older doesn't always help. I'm just so lucky to have Smartarse to do tricky bits for me from time to time. But, hey, you've got Vimmers, aka King of the Stuck Threads, on your side. :D Big Fish games are great, but raiding is essential after all. Plus, you have to come and talk to us on the chat threads, we'd just miss you too much if you went away.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 16 Sep 2019 18:40

Sorry to hear that, Suzanne.

All right, I'll definitely make my next level less intense. I tend to be the hard-charging, challenge-oriented type. But I can definitely temper things for a wider audience...
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 Sep 2019 19:33

Eh eh. After all, clouds do have silver linings. :D

Great to see you around too, you've been away. A level for wide audiences, eh? Excellent. 8)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 16 Sep 2019 19:51

@Jorge

Let's just say I've been super, super busy, pursuing long-term career goals. :D 2 parts of my life are awesome, but 2 other parts of my life are lousy right now.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 Sep 2019 19:58

Good. As a matter of fact, it's the kind of thing I'd expect from you. And do keep your focus on the awesome parts. :2thumbsup:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Sep 2019 02:17

Hitsumei wrote:
16 Sep 2019 18:40
Sorry to hear that, Suzanne.

All right, I'll definitely make my next level less intense. I tend to be the hard-charging, challenge-oriented type. But I can definitely temper things for a wider audience...
what was your first ????
Jay wrote:
16 Sep 2019 14:45
Ah, Suz, my dear trout. :comfort:

But, hey, you've got Vimmers,
thanks dear