A Tribute to Pat (Mugs)

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

A Tribute to Pat (Mugs)

Post by High Priestess » 11 Jun 2019 14:34

Hi all,

I am playing a level built by Pat and was remembering how valued her efforts were. She sure left a great legacy.

Let's see a few posts of appreciation for our treasured friend.

Her levels were sometimes complex but never dull. A genius who was stolen from us far too soon.

Let's hear your experiences with Pat and may she rest in peace xx :angel:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: A Tribute to Pat (Mugs)

Post by Jorge22 » 11 Jun 2019 15:13

Not to even mention she was always a lady, a friend passed. I know it may sound weird on the net and all. But we're a small community. So that's it: she'll be remembered as a friend.

I'm not very sure what it's all about though...

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 11 Jun 2019 18:17

Hi Jorge,

I sometimes scour through the main homepage and I don't always realise what builder's level I am playing but I thought it was nice to realise it was one from Mugs today and I really miss her levels :angel:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 13 Jun 2019 19:51

I really miss my talks with her :( and I miss her levels. I think about her alot.
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 14 Jun 2019 08:46

Had a lot of fun with her when testing Summer Adventure and helping her with objects and stuff. Still have some of her files on the PC..
During the assembly of the Space BtB she worked the TGA with great effort. I made a prank by posting a picture of a planet in space with a big sign on it saying Mac Dutch (like Mac Donald). "A man's gotta eat". Then she came up with "Mc Dutch Spacecake"

From then on she called me Mc Dutch :lol:
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Jun 2019 12:29

Haha good call! xx :lol:

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 21 Nov 2019 05:01

I messaged Pat several times about different TR related things....it was evident after just a few sentences that she was someone that you be at ease with, someone that would be helpful and answer questions patiently. What a loss for all of us when she passed from this life. She is missed still.

Can someone explain "of doggie candle fame"? This was attached to every post she wrote. I remember it had been explained a long time ago, but I don't remember it now.

And, if you wanted to express your feelings on her condolences page, it is there permanently.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 21 Nov 2019 23:49

When Pat or Mugs (or :cuppa: :cuppa:, we might say) talked about a particular game, many years ago (I can't remember which game), there was a feature in that game that had an artificial dog in one place, as a kind of statue, I think. And the statue had a small flame coming from its head. (This was a significant feature in the game, for a reason that I've also forgotten.) :cuppa: :cuppa: decided that it looked like a `doggie candle`. When I wrote to her about that game (pity I can't remember which game it was) I suggested that her innovative description was worthy of mention, and she liked that, so decided to put it as her signature from then on! It said something of Pat's sense of humour. As others have said, a lovely lady who is a loss for us all.
Jesus says: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 28 Nov 2019 10:19

Thank you rjb!