1st quarter of 2019

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

1st quarter of 2019

Post by Bojrkraider » 03 Feb 2019 19:53

Where are the monthly topics? I wanted to make a winter topic, but since only half of the world has winter, I named it as I did. :D

We finally got snow, but it lasted only 2 weeks. This winter was not very cold, it's almost spring here.

I always wanted to remake TR2, but always when I stared, I thought it is a waste of time. But now you got a demo. :D
The whole Venice section is done, the rest is in early developement. Some speculated in reviews, why it has a name definitive demo. Just because it is really the last demo of the project and it shows the final graphical feeling for the whole remake. Big thanks to Xopax and SrDanielPonces to take me as a new member, so I got some of the level building fun back. Quite some of the levels have some basic geometry done. It's still a loooooong way to go.

Last year was a very hard one for me. I ended a long lasting relationship which ended reeeeally bad. So bad, I could write a drama script for a movie or at least for Venezuelan soap opera. Maybe I will one day write a book about it and I hope to make a bestseller. :lol: And I thought it will never happen to me. Then also things at my job started to go down, so I started to search for a new one and actually found some quite decent alternatives. I also met my new best friend, who helped me to go through everything and moved to another city and than some incredible things happened and I got a job in LD and then I met another best friend and some really sweet and nice people andI lived happily ever after.... :beatnik: or to be continued...

I think that cover my last year. Not very much but so much.

P.S. Last but not least, Experiment 3 part 4 might never happen, sorry... But it would feature Lara as a fairy and how she finally got back to reality after events in Budapest. A demo was released as a secret level in KAP series.

And I wanted to say only something about how the weather was in our country... :lol: :hammer:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: 1st quarter of 2019

Post by Jorge22 » 03 Feb 2019 21:08

Lol.

I guess we all forgot about the monthly posts! :)
Last edited by Jorge22 on 05 Feb 2019 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 05 Feb 2019 01:14

Hi Bojrk

Long time my friend. Yes, life has a way of interfering with raiding and level building but after a rough patch it seems you are now in a good place. Cheryl and I are still about but she is not well and I am now caring for her. We get on as best we can. Some days are good whilst others not so much. That's life though. We had our hottest day on record last week. 45.6 degrees (114 Farenheit). What a scorcher so don't feel bad about your not so cold winter LOL. So tell me more about this TR2 remake you have in the works.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Feb 2019 13:50

Glad to hear about the weather over there, and that you are back on your feet...

Maybe finally you will finish this remake :lol:
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Feb 2019 11:16

It's cold and I hate it (at least it isn't raining and it doesn't look like it's night time all day long. The sun is cold and I fail to see the beauty in that).

I've been replaying Neon God. Thank the hungarian site for that.

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 06 Feb 2019 11:56

I've been dealing with a scratchy throat for the past few days or so and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I think all of the warm fluids I've been drinking are slowly but surely helping, though. Here's hoping... :(
No one but ourselves can free our minds...

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 06 Feb 2019 21:43

:hello: @ Simen

@ Ryan, lots of fluids is always good and if you get sick of them, suckking a peppermint or something is also good for a sore throat. Take care and cross my fingers that you won't get the flue.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 07 Feb 2019 10:42

Eat lots of oranges...
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 07 Feb 2019 11:27

Hello to all and here's hoping for a happy healthy year all round. :2thumbsup:

It's absolutely heaving down with rain here at present so Smartarse, Demon Diz and I are happy to be inside in the warm and dry. Retirement is great (cue smug mode). Smartarse and I celebrated our Ruby Wedding last weekend and are rather wondering where the time went. :lol:

@ Ryan, have you tried gargling with salt water, my dear? That can really help.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 07 Feb 2019 11:42

Cheers everyone. I'm feeling a bit better than I was, but I'm still waiting for my voice to stop croaking as it's making me speak a bit weird.

@Jay, thanks for the idea. I'll try that but normal water will have to do for now as I don't finish work for another few hours. Congrats on the anniversary. :2thumbsup:
No one but ourselves can free our minds...

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 15 Feb 2019 19:40

Torry wrote:
05 Feb 2019 01:14
So tell me more about this TR2 remake you have in the works.
There is not much more to say. The progress is very slow these days...
Today is Friday and I am so tired. The Tv is on but I am not looking it. Just listening. It's getting warmer. Can't wait for the spring. I want to visit China this year and finally see some Tr2 locations.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 16 Feb 2019 05:53

I hope you're getting better :) Relationships suck, but I don't have a choice with my disabilities :|
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 25 Feb 2019 23:01

Can't wait for the spring. I want to visit China this year and finally see some Tr2 locations.
Wish I could go with you but you better tell me all about it :-*
Oops, I did it again... Image

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 26 Feb 2019 00:21

Ryan wrote:
06 Feb 2019 11:56
the warm fluids I've been drinking
The warm fluids I've been drinking were distilled in the Scottish highlands.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 26 Feb 2019 12:31

Very soon the official registration will be starting for the annual TR Meeting in Germany.

As this is the 20th Meeting (!), I think it would be really cool if a few more than the regular attendees would care to join us there.

It will run from Thu, Jun 20 to Sun, Jun 23 in Bad Grund and I will post more details about Registration details here in the Forum when I have them.

As a small reminder - here are a few folks who you might know and who where at the Meeting back in 2009 ... :D