Future Back to Basics?

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Nerkan

Re: Future Back to Basics?

Post by Nerkan » 25 Sep 2018 19:46

How about a package that is mixed one from all BtB packages, some trees from Peru, machines from Steampunk, Weapons from Space and Lara from Greece...voilà, there is the Remastered BtB! :jester:

@Overraider: I guess with a little bit effort it is possible to convert all TREP functions to TRNG. I'm would like also use TRNG the next time. :blush:
Greeting
Lara Croft alias Nerkan
(Srry for my Bad English!)
Which Level will I realease the next time? ...... I'll be damned if I know!

Teone

Post by Teone » 28 Sep 2018 11:00

As a player I'd like a mix, because it's boring for me to play many levels all with the same textures and objects. Infact I never play them all. Only one or two, then I feel sick.

Sabatu

Post by Sabatu » 04 Oct 2018 23:25

Using older BTB is a great idea. But still I want to use NGLE ( custom flare for example) . or what about back to basic Tomb Raider 1 / or 2,3,4,5 .. You can choose sounds, music and objects only from that game .. for example, BTB2019-TR1 .. Author can mix objects, textures only from that game .... music from that game and soundfx.. and then you can add NG scripts ( savegame crystals) . or TR3 ..

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 05 Oct 2018 13:05

Sabatu wrote:
04 Oct 2018 23:25
Using older BTB is a great idea. But still I want to use NGLE ( custom flare for example) . or what about back to basic Tomb Raider 1 / or 2,3,4,5 .. You can choose sounds, music and objects only from that game .. for example, BTB2019-TR1 .. Author can mix objects, textures only from that game .... music from that game and soundfx.. and then you can add NG scripts ( savegame crystals) . or TR3 ..
This is similar to the "Create a Classic" competition made a year or so ago. An interesting idea though, but for me maybe too much freedom? I enjoy having the set texture set and wad. :-?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Oct 2018 13:27

hmm i thought that btb was based on the old tr games
like btb london are from tr3
or else i don't understand this
or what about back to basic Tomb Raider 1 / or 2,3,4,5

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 05 Oct 2018 15:33

vimmers wrote:
05 Oct 2018 13:27
hmm i thought that btb was based on the old tr games
like btb london are from tr3
or else i don't understand this
or what about back to basic Tomb Raider 1 / or 2,3,4,5
I think he means choosing one of the classics and only using the content from those games individually. So if I picked TR 2, I could use any textures or objects from TR2, the sounds also have to be TR2 etc...

BTW what happens if we all really like an idea? Does someone take charge? :-P

BigFoot

Post by BigFoot » 05 Oct 2018 15:56

I really think the best idea is OverRaider one.
Everyone choose a ready package (2005 / ... / 2018) and build a level with it.
No need to create a package like that and wait months and months the pack will be ready :) .

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 05 Oct 2018 16:15

BigFoot wrote:
05 Oct 2018 15:56
I really think the best idea is OverRaider one.
Everyone choose a ready package (2005 / ... / 2018) and build a level with it.
No need to create a package like that and wait months and months the pack will be ready :) .
I really like this idea too. Also gives me a chance to build a level I missed out on. I already know which one 8)

I do think a new title screen/logo/load screen and that should be made for everyone to use to join all the levels in some way, even if it is previously used packages.

BTW. Not all the packages has everything we need. There's no script folder in one package.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 06 Oct 2018 11:12

If you guys are into a competition of mixed wads like this, I think the best idea is if I skip it and work on some predefined package in the meantime. Several people had this idea but we were waiting until ORC is done. Now we obviously need to allow some time for the Advent but since I'm not involved this year, I will start working on some predefined pack anyway. I remember we had three possible ideas: Matie suggested medieval (like Complex Simplicity 2) or Mexican (but it was because of a planned SoTTR tribute so now it would probably change to something more like Peruvian), and Stone Age (my idea for something totally, totally basic). So I'll start working on a set which could be a safe middle between these three themes, and if I get something promising I'll announce something official as soon as the advent is over. Doesn't even have to be called "Back to Basics" but the idea will be the same. Of course if anybody is interested, you can help :)
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Sabatu

Post by Sabatu » 06 Oct 2018 17:45

This is good idea :D by the way Iam hoping there will be one day when we will build Back to Basic EGYPT ( anniversary :D )

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Oct 2018 19:25

Too boring (sorry)...

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 07 Oct 2018 15:28

I feel like since a lot of the packages don't come with Scripting, it mostly seems to be Wad,TGA and Audio (sometimes Samples), perhaps each person can do their own Scripting which would allow them to use TRNG if they wish. That way you can do as much or as little as you want with the package, as long as you use the TGA/WAD on the theme you've chosen. :2thumbsup: