off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

August

Post by avmaster » 05 Aug 2018 13:53

My copy of TombRaider on Blue Ray Disk has arrived on Thursday. 8) Alicia Vikander as a young Lara is awesome. :2thumbsup: Apart from that it is way too hot here. Thank God that summer here is soon over. Even the night temperatures are over 25 c here and that`s too hot for me.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: August

Post by Jorge22 » 08 Aug 2018 12:58

I was in Cuba for 10 days, give or take - including the travel, which takes more or less one entire day of absolute drag aboard planes and buses and (yuk these days!) airports. Loved the sea and enjoyed my visit to Havana (in a nice reconstruction process) thoroughly. Cuba is kind of mixed these days, with many outside influences and giving a few tips can be important (that means a lot). Anyway, regarding the resort and all that, well, acceptable in spite of not really feeling like a 5 stars (the brand is Spanish and I know what Spanish brands are like) but I wish most people didn't end up feeling sick in one way or another (even taking care). I'm still recovering - after a while you just can't escape.

Funny fact: regarding gastroenteritis (even when you only use bottled water to brush your teeth and so forth - but still have ice on your piña colada or the water they give you at the restaurants believing it's purified water and whatnot; even when you're really careful), I think that may have been the overly silly reason the people at the US embassy believed they were being poisoned and left (and that was before crazy Trump). Really... As if Cuba were even slightly interested in the continuation of the longest embargo in history...
That's the main reason why I won't be going back to Cuba, at least not as long as I can remember that. But I don't think they're poisoning tourists.

And I will most definitely miss the amazing sea. For once I was able to swim for like one to one and a half hours everyday.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 26 Aug 2018 02:22

@avmaster
I felt like I thrived this summer as far as the weather is concerned, I endured heat and rain just fine! :)
Also, I loved the Tomb Raider movie as well with Alicia Vikander. Like that Lara, I want to find out how I can be more...

3 weeks into my new job, and while the work is tedious (which was expected...as long as I meet certain quotas, I'm fine), the work culture makes up for it. It feels great being at the top in terms of workplace dynamics. My biggest strength at work is intervening the minute I hear any conflict that goes on at work (it's an open office environment, so I hear everything that goes on at work)...and I get a lot of respect for it. Then I can play basketball to take a break from typing names and corporations.

I am making a lot of progress on several levels. Every time I fish, I get at least one fish now (and I can fish off a pedalboat :D), in terms of strength training, I feel pretty strong when it comes to the hamstrings, core, lats and chest (my forearms and shoulders need more work). For martial arts, I feel powerful, but now I especially have to work on focus and the way I respond to situations.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Aug 2018 12:06

Next I'll be going to North Korea! :lol:

Just teasing any US friends who still haven't gotten over losing a colony and protectorate over a zillion years ago. Not to mention pushing a country onto the enemy's arms (the USSR in this case) by standing for mostly mafiosi interests. It makes me think of the bloody mess in the Middle-East, namely in Lybia, now a haven for all terrorist breeds. Really... One can't just spread chaos and wave bye-bye... Better to stay put if there's no long term plan.