BtB2018 Space - The builders and winners revealed!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: BtB2018 Space - The builders and winners revealed!

Post by Jay » 09 Jul 2018 10:08

So grateful to all who participated in this year's wonderful B2B. I must say, only having eight levels was in some ways more enjoyable - it was possible to get every last bit of fun out of each one without getting 'wadded out' as one inevitably does after twenty+ entries. Well done everybody involved.

And now, once again, somebody is going to have to remind me how I add a banner to my profile. Sigh. :blush:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Mr XY

Post by Mr XY » 09 Jul 2018 10:28

Mytly wrote:
09 Jul 2018 06:53
I hope that means you're focusing more on your personal projects, not that you're retiring from level building altogether. :anxious:
No, no, I will continue building, just no more btb levels. :)

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 09 Jul 2018 10:45

Jay wrote:
09 Jul 2018 10:08
And now, once again, somebody is going to have to remind me how I add a banner to my profile. Sigh. :blush:
Go to the main BtB page, find your banner, download it, and link it to an image hosting site (e.g. Imgur). Depending on whether the site has preset image tags, you may be able to use those instead of the ones on here, but those are needed for the banner to show as an actual image. As you can see, it should look exactly like mine. :D

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 09 Jul 2018 11:26

Tolle87 wrote:
08 Jul 2018 20:38
I've been waiting for months to get this out of myself so I just have to do it - I hate that helmet and I hate all the bugs, drawbacks and non-working cameras and triggers that stupid yellow thing killed inside my level due to it's technical issues. :bandana:

Okay, with that out of the way, I want to congratulate to all people who made this possible, BtB team, builders, players, reviewers, winners....it's been a pleasure :)
I'd must say I really like your levels, I always recognise them, because of unique style you have :)
When Ancients ruled the World was a true masterpiece, and The Frayed Ends of Sanity I'd say to myself... aha, this is Tolle work! :D Great sequence with hallucinations.
Keep going, you will always have a fan in me :2thumbsup: :D

Personally, Starlantis - Natlas Trail, was fantastic to me, combination of Atlandite with Space, a bit of nostalgia and a wonderful blue color all around - bravo! :worship:

Technically it was one of the best BTB, wonderful objects, outfit, and the possibilities of their use... and unfortunately not enough levels to get the full potential of this package. The Venice (2010) is still the perfect BTB for me, but Space was close ;)

At the end, a huge thank you to everyone involved in the project!

Teone

Post by Teone » 09 Jul 2018 11:43

Mr XY wrote:
09 Jul 2018 10:28
Congratulations! :2thumbsup:
So now it's time to build Waterfall Valley Part 2 and Emporia Full Version :D

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 09 Jul 2018 11:45

Congratulations to Mr XY, matrix54 and AgentXP, which were my top 3 levels as well! And congrats to all other builders and guessers too. :)

I had a pretty good feeling about 6 of the 8 levels and was only slightly unsure about Kitkat's and Die Basis's levels, but in the end it "finally" worked fine... :D

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 09 Jul 2018 11:59

Mr XY wrote:
09 Jul 2018 10:28
Mytly wrote:
09 Jul 2018 06:53
I hope that means you're focusing more on your personal projects, not that you're retiring from level building altogether. :anxious:
Oh good. :)
Ryan wrote:
09 Jul 2018 10:45
Jay wrote:
Go to the main BtB page, find your banner, download it, and link it to an image hosting site (e.g. Imgur). Depending on whether the site has preset image tags, you may be able to use those instead of the ones on here, but those are needed for the banner to show as an actual image. As you can see, it should look exactly like mine. :D
No need to bother linking it to an image hosting site. You can copy the link directly from the BtB page (right-click on the image and select 'copy image location'). :)
Sylwia wrote:
09 Jul 2018 11:26
I'd must say I really like your levels, I always recognise them, because of unique style you have :)
When Ancients ruled the World was a true masterpiece, and The Frayed Ends of Sanity I'd say to myself... aha, this is Tolle work! :D Great sequence with hallucinations.
Keep going, you will always have a fan in me :2thumbsup: :D
Same here. :2thumbsup:
manarch2 wrote:
09 Jul 2018 11:45
I had a pretty good feeling about 6 of the 8 levels and was only slightly unsure about Kitkat's and Die Basis's levels, but in the end it "finally" worked fine... :D
I initially identified Kitkat's and Die Basis's levels correctly, but that left me unsure of LoreRaider's level, so I tried switching the three of them around, and wound up getting all three incorrect. :hammer: Oh well, at least I got all the ones I was sure about correct.

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 09 Jul 2018 13:41

Ryan wrote:
09 Jul 2018 10:45
Jay wrote:
Thanks Ryan. I finally managed to resurrect my Photobucket account which I haven't used for ages. It was rather nice seeing some of the photos on there I'd forgotten about. Unfortunately, I haven't yet had much luck linking the banner here, but I shall keep trying. Technology and I aren't exactly bosom buddies. :hammer: :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 Jul 2018 14:59

Jorge22 wrote:
08 Jul 2018 23:23
Finally, it must be as hard getting it all wrong as it is getting it all right. I want a prize too! :D
It's quite an achievement. I mean, how does one not guess Tolle87's level correctly? :-P He has such a distinctive style. I guessed which one was his just on the basis of the screenshots, before even playing the level. And after playing, the lag in the larger areas confirmed it. Also the creative gameplay, of course. :wink: I had to actively stop myself from writing a review that sounded almost exactly like my review for his BtB2016 level, because my feelings for the two were so similar.
[/quote]

I'm an achievement kind of guy. 8)

I suppose it may be and I mean it.
This is what I wrote right after submitting my guesses:

"I just submitted my guesses but since I was unable to guess anything (even more than in previous competitions) it's totally been like playing the lotto or the euromillions. Good luck to everyone!"

Well... :dunno: I can tell a few builders on sight but that's it: a few. My internal PC is pretty selective in how it stores and treats information - otherwise there would be no room for quite a lot more and I might just explode like one of those BtB bosses.

But yes, 0 is amazing even when you're only randomly guessing. :-P

nad

Post by nad » 09 Jul 2018 16:23

Congratulation to all builder, especially Mr XY for winning his third first place.
Also big thanks to the BtB team and to all people behind the scene.
Great work :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Jesus C.Croft

Post by Jesus C.Croft » 09 Jul 2018 19:41

Congratulations to all the winners :woohoo:! Well-done :2thumbsup:! I also want to thank to all the people involved in the creation and administration of this BtB and to all of the registered builders who took their free time to create a level for the competition.

It was a really interesting and immersive experience being so active in the creation of the package components. I had a very clear image of what I wanted for the assets and I think all efforts paid off really well. As a constant active in the BtB package team through all these years, I believe this one has made me improve my skills even more and learn a lot in many aspects along the way. A very appreciated knowledge :D.

Again, congratulations and thanks for taking part in this competition :)!
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different ".

chronicles5

Post by chronicles5 » 09 Jul 2018 21:12

:fireworks2: :fireworks3:

Woohoo!! Big congrats to the winners: Mr. XY, matrix54, AgentXP, manarch2, thommy.b, and Mytly!! :D

And congrats to all of the builders and players, and to the fabulous package team for a job well done!

I regret that I haven't yet had a chance to play all of the levels, but I'm looking forward to playing more of them this month now that some projects have wrapped up. Thanks again everyone for making these new adventures a reality. :)
Happy to be building again.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 09 Jul 2018 22:05

Jay wrote:
09 Jul 2018 13:41
Unfortunately, I haven't yet had much luck linking the banner here, but I shall keep trying. Technology and I aren't exactly bosom buddies. :hammer: :D
You can just copy and paste the following somewhere into your signature:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.trle.net/levels/levels/2018/0618/BtB/web/r8Jay.png[/img]
(to edit your profile and signature, open the user control panel by clicking your name on the top right corner of the forum)

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 09 Jul 2018 22:52

Congrats everyone! The package and theme was really great, even though I lost time for mine! :(

Does anyone know if there will be another one? Or was this the last?

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 10 Jul 2018 10:10

Thanks to all the helpful advice, I finally have my banner up and running. :2thumbsup: