Hi to July..

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Hi to July..

Post by Dutchy » 01 Jul 2018 09:03

Had some nasty weather here the last days, now good again.
Was suffering from pain in the lower back, also getting better again, most of the times that takes 2 weeks.
Lot of TR work lately, lot of testing and huge levels to walk through. Keeps us busy :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Hi to July..

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Jul 2018 09:31

Hi July! :D

Some nasty weather here too but the temperatures are ok-ish, like around 20º C or so. We've also had hot weather and sunshine for a few days and that's - amazingly - how I got a bleeping cold after getting through the entire autumn/winter/spring with no colds at all. I guess it must be from the sudden changes. Don't feel very good.

My classes are now finished (finished them all last Friday) and the work I have now, before being on holidays, may be pretty annoying at times but at least I'll be home for the evenings.

Portugal lost to Uruguay yesterday and is out of the World Cup. A shame because we actually played a lot better but there's one special thing in football: you have to score. I don't think we'll see Cristiano and Pepe and Quaresma four years from now as they're all pretty "old" by now ;) .

Been playing the BtB amazing package (I'm in the last level) and that's about it.

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 01 Jul 2018 10:08

Happy July lovely people.

Sorry about the bad back and the cold, guys; hope you both feel a lot better soon. The only thing bothering me at present is our totally weird weather - hot, sunny, no rain at all. It's been like this for weeks and no sign of any change yet. Problem is, there's me trying like mad to catch up with my raiding (can't remember the last time I was on page 2 of the new releases) and it's just too stiflingly hot, even with the fan going full blast. Unfortunately, our computers are in the attic bedroom so by mid afternoon when the sun's been beating down on the roof for hours you could grow orchids in here. Even my poor cat has abandoned the room and it's usually his favourite place in the whole house. :D
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 01 Jul 2018 10:46

I guarantee,the first day of rain we get we'll all be complaining:"typical! It's July; it's the UK;and it's bloody raining" :roll:

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 01 Jul 2018 14:03

:lol: True, Ian. Still if it weren't for the weather, we'd probably soon run out of topics of conversation.

Oh how the Australians must laugh their socks off at us. The weather hits the high 20s/low 30s and we melt. They'd probably be finding it slightly chilly. :D

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 01 Jul 2018 19:45

if it weren't for the weather, we'd probably soon run out of topics of conversation.
We had friends and family around today,and they said those exact same words :)

My younger son moved to Australia in January,and he's complaining about
how cold and wet the weather currently is. Whingeing Pom :D

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jul 2018 20:11

It's scorching hot in Maryland, if I'm planning any outdoor trips this month it'll be early in the morning for sure.

Well, I did well helping out with the election. However, since I was the only non-Democrat non-chief judge available in my neighborhood to certify election results and documents (I'm unaffiliated because of all my travels, experiences, and clashing values and interests frankly, but I had to sign as a Republican judge to ensure the results were fair), I had to work 17 hours instead of a day shift, which left me with sleep, and a 30 minute workout during that day. I'm reluctant to do it again because of the 17-hour workday, but I'm glad I performed well at a job, it was a nice change from my setbacks...

As far as topics of conversations go, it is true that weather is the lightest one available. Otherwise, I'm just focused on accomplishments, or outstanding problems that will require years to work through.

The job search has been difficult, for many, many reasons... :(

My former boss at the non-profit I used to work for will provide me a small amount of money for small tasks tomorrow. It's less than I hoped for, but it's still something.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 04 Jul 2018 22:38

It turns out the work will be weekly, so I'm relieved as I'm working to be qualified for other things, and waiting for job application responses...

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 13 Jul 2018 22:34

I landed a data entry job at a startup, so I will be able to secure an income for some hobbies! It also feels good to have weekends and paid holidays...

I realized my biggest strength right now is my ability to deal with tedious work.

Thus far, in my skill development for more exciting careers in the long-term, my leg strength is amazing, and I can go through rocky terrain with ease. I have to work on other capabilities, but that's where I've made progress.

The job search was really awful this time around because there were so many shoddy opportunities to dig through, and retail no longer was an option. So I'm glad I came across a really good opportunity that is a good fit for my current talents, and in terms of work culture.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 23 Jul 2018 19:47

It is too hot to do anything :sleeping2:
Oops, I did it again... Image

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 23 Jul 2018 22:54

Record breaking temperatures in the UK.
Most of us don't have air-conditioning,because we rarely need it....so I've basically been a puddle for the past couple of weeks!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 24 Jul 2018 09:29

Finally a break in the hot weather, nice light show last night, those umbrella lightnings from cloud to cloud. Some real close, I love it... Cup of coffee, sigarette and porch... Till now it has been raining, so.. fingers crossed it will go on for a while longer...

With a big fan under the desk it was still possible to get some work done at the PC last week, periodically cool-down in the air conditioned living room. When you walked the street you could actually feel the hot/humid air flowing around your head, like walking through luke warm water.

Glad you found work Hitsumei :2thumbsup:

@ Ian, Australia... As far away as possible from...

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 24 Jul 2018 10:10

Woof, still too hot for my liking, although up here in the north west the temperatures are a lot lower than down south. I'm just glad that some decades ago, when he was still comparatively young and slender, Smartarse crawled into the roof space to fit the electrics for a ceiling fan in our bedroom. It's certainly been a life saver this summer. There is a vague promise of a bit of rain later on today, but I'm not holding my breath. :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Jul 2018 11:51

It's amazing that the hot weather has moved up and we've been having a, well, mild July. It's Trump's fault, says I.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 25 Jul 2018 19:21

Thank you Dutchy, I'm so relieved I was able to get a job.

I caught a lot of fish last Thursday, including my first bass! Of all the fishing places I've been to, it was the best fishing site ever in terms of fish abundance. I don't know if it's due to tighter regulations or something else, but I had a fish bite my bait practically every time. It was a good opportunity to hone setting the hook. I caught 6 fish, released a crappie and a green sunfish because they were too small for my experience level, kept 3 crappie because the size was large enough, and released a smallmouth bass because it was smaller than the legal minimum, and bass season in Maryland is between March and June.

A professional photographer also took pictures of me, including when I caught my first fish of the day. :D

Crappie
Image Image

Great Blue Heron looking for fish too

Smallmouth Bass

Green Sunfish

Me

Regarding the weather, either it's been hot and humid, or hot, humid and rainy. But with my clothing, and my diet, I feel ok this summer.