June thus far...

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

June thus far...

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jun 2018 01:14

Well, it has been a challenging few weeks, but at least I have hobbies to keep me going.

I got fired from my retail job early May because of a large variance (one $50 bill and that was it...). In terms of mental agility, I got humbled for sure...

Also, retail was no longer a good fit for me. Something changed in my personality, and I feel like I need to do something else...

I applied for a summer camp counselor job at a martial arts school, and it looks like there are volunteering opportunities at a local park so that I can have something on my resume (even if it isn't paid), most personal trainer positions require 4 months of study for a certification (otherwise, I failed a video interview for a gym that was willing to pay for my training...)...

I did look into online translation, I got selected, but the pay was going to be really measly (like, one month of online translation giving less pay than the one day I help out with the election! :-o ), which wasn't worth the stringent standards...

I did however, manage to find an opportunity to get paid to help out with making sure the primary election runs smoothly. So it helps.

Otherwise, I am making progress in strength training, martial arts, and hiking...I see that my hobbies will help me get a fulfilling job that is suitable for me mentality-wise, so I have to keep going.

Weather-wise, it has been hot and rainy. I'm looking for a sunny day to climb some rocks in Frederick, fishing will be more flexible in terms of weather. Then I'll have to see when to get started on hunter's ed because Maryland regulations are more elaborate than in Georgia...

How is your June thus far?
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: June thus far...

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Jun 2018 08:49

It's Sgt. Pepper's anniversary. Well, it was yesterday. Actually, it should have been on May 26 but June 1 is the official release date.

You'll end up replacing Bill Gates in something new I'm unable to imagine, which will replace computers. Remember to donate to trle's new version when you're filthy rich. :D

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 02 Jun 2018 10:06

Hello Hits and Jorge *waves*

My partner is a huge Beatles fan too haha!

Thus far June is good. In spite of my back issues, we managed to get a lot done in the garden which included planting some nice shrubs. One is a Hydrangea in a deep fuschia colour so in two years it will hopefully be taller and bushier :D

I've taken on a bit more responsibility regarding my online activities so have a few too many (green) fingers in too many pies haha! I'm administrating quite a few sites now but I am sure I'll be rewarded in heaven :wink:

I hope y'all enjoy your weekend. It's a bit of a scorcher out there today - perfect for drying laundry though! :angel:

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 02 Jun 2018 11:00

Well, my June's going great. I went for a job interview recently which I was initially quite nervous about but passed and they want me to start in August! :2thumbsup: Weather here seems to be changing between quite warm and quite cold down here in North East England. How's everyone else doing?

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 02 Jun 2018 12:29

Ryan wrote:
02 Jun 2018 11:00
Well, my June's going great. I went for a job interview recently which I was initially quite nervous about but passed and they want me to start in August! :2thumbsup: Weather here seems to be changing between quite warm and quite cold down here in North East England. How's everyone else doing?
Many congratulations, Ryan. May I take this opportunity to wish you every success in your new job :D :2thumbsup: :angel:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 02 Jun 2018 16:51

Temperatures are way too high, we had serious thunderstorms every evening or during the late night. But I made some progress in onlinegameing, finished quests in Mordor with my hunter. The maxium level is 115 at the moment and my hunter reached it. I played TR Dox-Demo, much easier than Mordor in Lord of the Rings online. Mordor is frustrating, foes are too strong. Two Orks can easily kill my hunter and even my guardian is no match for them. It makes me angry because in the previous areas foes were no problem. Even a group of 6 or more foes were no problem for my chars, easy to finish them off and move on. Game Designers of Lord of the Rings online have too high expectations if you ask me(at least for a player who started playing games many years ago). They should go back to the time when games have been much easier.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jun 2018 23:06

Hey Lo!
I'm glad you're accomplishing a lot, and take good care of yourself. :)

Thank you for the support, Jorge. Well, I'm not sure what I'd invent. All I know right now is that I need to find the right job, where I can express my enthusiasm and leadership best...Things where I can make money out of my hobbies in some capacity, or where I represent a public function of trust, help people with certain skills that I myself had to learn from scratch, or use power wisely...bring out my best side.
If I have a solid financial situation, then I'll definitely donate to trle!

Congratulations Ryan! :)

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 03 Jun 2018 15:57

Hello back, Hits :angel:

I do hope you can find the right position x

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 24 Jun 2018 00:16

Thank you for the encouragements, Lo.

I managed to get a small job from my former boss at a nonprofit I used to work at. The details need to be ironed out (the pay may be just enough for basic expenses), but I feel relieved as I'm pursuing something else.

Other than that, a park ranger confirmed that I was park ranger material (in terms of mentality) with the way I approached climbing Wolf Rock and Chimney Rock in rainy conditions. The rocks were metamorphic, so it wasn't too slippery, but I did have to regain my balance a few times, and refrain from jumping across crevices. Just like Lara Croft, I had to figure my way through rocks and ledges.

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Jun 2018 09:44

Still and always in touch with nature... ;)

I'm ending June with a bloody cold. :(

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jul 2018 19:50

Being in touch with nature is important for me, it helps me be connected to a region, and it's critical in bridging cultural gaps (talking about outdoors helped me relate to people with different worldviews in the US). And then, I like conquering rocks.

I am planning a few fishing trips in July.