Hello Cold March

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Hello Cold March

Post by Dutchy » 01 Mar 2018 06:52

And.. another month gone..we marched into March...
A Siberian Cold streak over Europe, share your stories, photo's

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Hello Cold March

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Mar 2018 09:26

Hello. :hello:

Cold (less than December though, I guess) and damp and rather rainy. And it snows where it snows (but not here as it's maritime). And strong winds in places too. It's the time of the year, isn't it? I hate it though. I always loved the sunshine. And to think that you have to go out and do stuff when it's raining.....

On a different note, yeah, what happened to every builder? Maybe they're hibernating. :D

Happy March! :2thumbsup:
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 01 Mar 2018 10:43

A lot of them are busy with their BtB levels I think

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 01 Mar 2018 14:13

Brrrrrrrr, Happy March everyone. Apparently, spring is just around the corner, but the way the wind is whistling down the chimneys makes me wonder. The snow has stopped at present, but I think there's more to come over the next few days. Needless to say, the UK has practically ground to a halt. We get snow so seldom these days that we're just not prepared for it. When I was a kid (back in the late Jurassic) we had pretty heavy snow every winter, but now it's a rarity. My poor cat has super-glued himself to the top of the radiator cover in the library and says he's staying there until spring - or next meal time - or if he needs the litter tray - or a cuddle - or a fuss in the middle of the night - or ... so, not really much of a protest!

Keep warm, people.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 01 Mar 2018 17:01

I've just spent the day driving from Carlisle (near the Scottish border) down to Bedford (40 miles north of London).
Quietest drive I've ever done!
Snow everywhere;but the motorway's were excellently gritted,and most drivers were obviously staying at home. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 01 Mar 2018 19:29

Hello everyone!

It is mild and rainy in Maryland these days. However, I couldn't enjoy the warmer weather as much because I didn't feel well the last few days. I have to really juggle multiple things (work, family duties, working out, martial arts, getting enough rest...) at once without exhausting myself, and being patient with myself...

But I will say this: I feel like I have a certain level of strength now, which gives me confidence. I also know my limits. I also feel confident about my ability to deal with the public in favorable and adverse situations. And I know my Maryland standards, I have a lot of grit, but I still have to go further.

Edit: I am playing Claude Gross' "The Castle", there is some neat problem-solving there. I wonder how to devise my own problem-solving sequences in my own level... :thinking:
Last edited by Hitsumei on 01 Mar 2018 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 01 Mar 2018 22:14

I don't know what you lot are on about. 34C down here and I am raiding in T Shirt and shorts :D

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 01 Mar 2018 22:48

@Torry
Lucky you :D. I'm freezing my behind off here due to the snow overload over here in the UK (the North East is surprisingly badly hit) and I've had to take a couple of days off work just to wait until it clears up. Still, at least I've been raiding a bit to pass the time.

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 02 Mar 2018 17:24

Of course we here have low temperatures, it is normal for us at the start of march. For Sunday we look forward to 12 c above zero, after temperatures way below zero 12 c are most welcome. The heating did luckily work, it had been needed day and night. Lowest temperature had been 15 c below zero and highest temperature 4 c below zero. Because of the cold east wind it felt much colder as it really was. A broken faucet had been replaced today by the plumber, another repair had been done. Now everything works at the moment.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 06 Mar 2018 13:26

Happy March everyone! Not too cold here but really gloomy. Hope everyone has a good March!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Mar 2018 11:44

Finished replaying Ice Age 2. Nice even though that was a bit confusing at times. I still have a timed run to perform before everything explodes, at the end, but I'm not sure I have the patience.
Last edited by Jorge22 on 08 Mar 2018 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 08 Mar 2018 01:04

I finished playing The Castle by Claude Gross. Some of the decor is magnificent, and some of the gameplay is smart, but in other aspects, it's a little too clever for its own good.

I had to force myself to lighten up in the face of my life situation, and face the fact that I need to rest more with an abdominal injury (thankfully, poultices are an option to deal with it). I see where I can be more efficient with my time. Once I fully recover, I can get back into the swing of things. Even if things take effort, I realize how much I enjoy doing those things. And then, I have to be patient and not rush myself in the pursuit of my long-term career goals, otherwise I'll just set myself back. There is a reason I gave myself 1-3 years to pursue a long-term career in natural resource law enforcement, which so far is producing better results than natural science (more strength, better attitude, more confidence...I just have to cut out the impatience part)...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Mar 2018 11:38

I've just replayed Oxy's Frosty Mansion. Pretty cool, relatively simple but you can tell Oxy was inspired.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 15 Mar 2018 12:13

I am feeling better, I've found a way to feel less overwhelmed by my routine, and getting more rest. :)

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 16 Mar 2018 08:22

We have had quite a cold winter in West Wales. We also had a small earthquake recently :D I just topped up our oil tank to the tune of £261 but that's quite cheap for winter prices.