Level Ideas

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Level Ideas

Post by High Priestess » 29 Jan 2018 09:47

I wondered if builders and players alike would like to discuss ideas for future levels?

Personally, I am not a builder but do have a level idea which I think could go down well. The question is, are any builders prepared to honour it?

I have mentioned this before (some years ago). The level I had in mind is a spooky one and I am happy to elaborate if anyone is interested :blush: It would be titled "The Missing Bone of Cathius".

If anybody would like to build it or indeed share their level ideas I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!

sonnyd83

Re: Level Ideas

Post by sonnyd83 » 02 Feb 2018 23:20

Sounds like a cool idea. What's it about?
My mum keeps hinting that I should do a level where you fly off in a spaceship. Then my boss at work thinks I should do one where you go out shopping!
I have just thought of one where Lara and Kurtis Trent fall madly in love. I quite like the idea of a love story, it's a step away from my usual style.

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 03 Feb 2018 00:00

I can see it now: German general Kurt Trent meets Polish prisoner Lara. The year is 1943, and the place is Treblinka. It’s pure chance that these two meet, but it’s love at first sight! Together they go on a shopping spree, during which they happen upon sinister Nazi plans to build a base on the moon, where they plan on experimenting with the fabled missing bone of Cathius, once they find it! It’s a marriage made in heaven!

sonnyd83

Post by sonnyd83 » 03 Feb 2018 16:22

Wow, it's like you read my mind :lol: You know I don't think I've ever mentioned Germany in any of my 1943 levels even the one I will soon release.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Feb 2018 12:35

Sonny, basically my idea is as follows.

Lara finds herself afront a really decrepit old mansion in the dead of night. She is standing afront a few cross-shaped headstones - one of which is a pushable. When she pushes the headstone it reveals a grave with nothing but a skeleton within - alas a skeleton that has his femur missing. Beside him is a note giving a few poetic clues as to what happened to him and that he can't truly rest in peace until his missing bone is placed beside him (that would be the end trigger).

So using the clues, Lara has to find a way into the mansion - a spooky place full of the expected cobwebs. There she must seek further clues and a fuse to shed light on the subject :D We will hear distant and spooky whispers and have things jump out along the way.

Somebody murdered Cathius but nothing or nobody will rest until we find his missing bone :D

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Mar 2018 18:15

Mulf wrote:
03 Feb 2018 00:00
I can see it now: German general Kurt Trent meets Polish prisoner Lara. The year is 1943, and the place is Treblinka. It’s pure chance that these two meet, but it’s love at first sight! Together they go on a shopping spree, during which they happen upon sinister Nazi plans to build a base on the moon, where they plan on experimenting with the fabled missing bone of Cathius, once they find it! It’s a marriage made in heaven!
Haha - sorry, I forgot to give your thesis a mench :D That sounds really constructive! Excellent (and funny!) :angel: