Re: I'm Back

Post by High Priestess » 30 Jan 2018 13:32

vimmers wrote:
29 Jan 2018 13:49
High Priestess
it's also malplaced to write this
even more malplaced are that i don't know you or the forums u refer to
u don't say which they are
They are long gone now, Vimmers. There were about three in total. One was vBulletin and one was an MSN Group (before they closed down Groups). I forget the third host but the people who set up the websites were known to me by the then Eidos Forum whereby I was the resident Agony Aunt but not a moderator :2thumbsup:

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 30 Jan 2018 14:07

@Torry,
there is (or used to be,a year or two back) a conversion of TR1 for Android.
I downloaded it to my Tablet;and,although the graphics were of decent quality,playing it was similar to what I imagine wrestling with the controls of an F1 car at top speed must feel like. All the various commands (draw holsters;shoot;jump;grab etc etc) needed to be selected from the appropriate ever-present on-screen display icons ;while her direction was controlled by an onscreen compass. Basically,I needed the use of all of my fingers all of the time in order to get her to do something as comparatively simple as (for example) turn to the left,run and shoot.
By a determined struggle I made it as far as St Francis Folly;but,compared to intuitive keyboard commands,it just felt too much like hard work.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 30 Jan 2018 14:39

High Priestess wrote:
30 Jan 2018 13:32
vimmers wrote:
High Priestess
it's also malplaced to write this
They are long gone now, Vimmers. There were about three in total. One was vBulletin and one was an MSN Group (before they closed down Groups). I forget the third host but the people who set up the websites were known to me by the then Eidos Forum whereby I was the resident Agony Aunt but not a moderator :2thumbsup:
Yes, I used to visit the Eidos forums and I think that's where I first found my first level, Piega's The Last Crusade. It took me ages to download and the minutes were counting... :-o It may have been where I first heard of trle too but it's all rather blurry. When I arrived I had to register as Jorge22 (the day of my birth) because there already was someone else registered as Jorge, someone whom I've actually never ever seen around. Anyway, the problem with the Eidos forums was (perhaps because it was relatively big and corp related) it was too moderated. A bit like comparing ECF and ukvapers, for instance, if anybody knows. Thing is a forum such as trle can actually be moderated lightly and still be peaceful and civilized. And that's just great, isn't it?

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 30 Jan 2018 20:28

Marksdad wrote:
30 Jan 2018 14:07
playing it was similar to what I imagine wrestling with the controls of an F1 car at top speed must feel like
Both TR1 and TR2 are still available, both for Android and iOS as far as I can tell. The touch screen controls take quite a bit of effort to get adjusted to, but eventually they become familiar if you persevere. If Momster (bless her) would like to give it a go, I'd suggest customizing the controls positions, although I don't think she ever played Tomb Raider with a gamepad so it might not really make much of a difference to her.

I use this type of layout whenever I go through the games on my phone, positioning the action buttons in similar positions to the face buttons of the original PlayStation controller setups:

It doesn't beat a keyboard of course but it keeps me occupied in times of need. :)

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Feb 2018 21:56

Torry, when I met you and Cher in Ohio, I have never forgotten that trip. It was one of my best memories. Please tell Cher I said Hi and miss you both so much! I hope she is doing well. :)

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 10 Feb 2018 01:02

Hi SuzanneJack

Yes that was a good weekend. One of the worst hang overs I ever had so it must have been good. Right? LOL.

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 12 Feb 2018 02:37

Hi SuzanneJack

Cheryl says hallo mate. She cannot remember her password for the forum alas and is waiting on the mods providing her with a new temporary password so that she can log in again and have a chat.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Feb 2018 07:12

she shall just click on login
then click on
i forgot my username
then fill in the username aka Momster
then email
dunno what email she used to sign up with

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 12 Feb 2018 08:43

vimmers wrote:
High Priestess
many of us knows torry
and i am almost sure that torry have read and spying the forum for years
i know that he moved together with cheryl aka cher
and they meet either here on trle or laras home (can't recall)
but i actually didn't want to ask torry how it goes with cheryl
cos i don't know about she still lives or they still live together
she moved to australia from usa what i think are a big decision from her side
hats of to her
but torry hasn't said anything about cher in his latest post
so i didn't want to bother him with it
he tell when he are ready to it
so i actually think that u tell people that mugs died are a little malplaced
sorry to say so
and yes it's also malplaced to write this
Vimmers, you can be very rude. I don't appreciate you telling me what is appropriate to write - I come in peace.

I'm not on this forum to make enemies. I respectfully ask you to look at my join date and the amount of posts I have made compared to your own tally :roll:

It seems that much of what I post is treated with contempt but only by you.

The forums I used to run no longer exist because the servers closed down (and I was glad of it because it took too much of my time). At one point I was administrating six forums (two of which were paid for and were unrelated to TR). But i can still find posts online from those forums - weird.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 12 Feb 2018 08:48

Also, Vimmers, you talk of inappropriate comments and there you are discussing a man's personal relationship all over TR:LE. Think about that for a second :balloon:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Feb 2018 11:48

Jorge,
Yes, I used to visit the Eidos forums and I think that's where I first found my first level, Piega's The Last Crusade. It took me ages to download and the minutes were counting... :-o It may have been where I first heard of trle too but it's all rather blurry. When I arrived I had to register as Jorge22 (the day of my birth) because there already was someone else registered as Jorge, someone whom I've actually never ever seen around. Anyway, the problem with the Eidos forums was (perhaps because it was relatively big and corp related) it was too moderated. A bit like comparing ECF and ukvapers, for instance, if anybody knows. Thing is a forum such as trle can actually be moderated lightly and still be peaceful and civilized. And that's just great, isn't it?

Eidos was not, in my opinion overly-moderated but TRF was and still is.

I'm unsure if it is wise to divulge my story with TRF on here so you'll have to PM me if you care to know but comapred to TRF, Eidos was a veritable santuary :2thumbsup:

Momster
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Momster » 21 Feb 2018 11:15

I'm back too but not to ant great extent. 1st of all, thanks Michael for the reset, 2nd HI back to Suzanne, still think about our little meeting. Great time! hugs

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 21 Feb 2018 13:16

Hi Cheryl and Torry. Nice to see you back! :hi:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 21 Feb 2018 13:49

hi and welcome back cheryl

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 21 Feb 2018 16:47

Hiya Momster! 8)
High Priestess wrote:
14 Feb 2018 11:48
Jorge,

Eidos was not, in my opinion overly-moderated but TRF was and still is.

I'm unsure if it is wise to divulge my story with TRF on here so you'll have to PM me if you care to know but comapred to TRF, Eidos was a veritable santuary :2thumbsup:
Well, ok. If TRF is heavier and you tell me so, I believe you. No need for details, I've never even visited (I may have lurked sometime, I guess). :)