off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I'm Back

Post by Torry » 17 Jan 2018 06:18

Hi All

Just wanted to say g'day,as after some 15 years of neglect I have started raiding again and am replaying the original 5 (in my opinion still the best) games. So you may see me from time to time asking dopey questions about these relics that I should know but have forgotten.

Hi To SuzanneJack, Vimmers, Essgee, Michael, Tinka, Gerty, eTux, Treeble, Gunilla, Moonpooka, Bert, and any others from the old days I have forgotten.

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: I'm Back

Post by Moonpooka » 17 Jan 2018 08:37

Hello Torry, how lovely to see you again, I hope you are well. I too get back on the old TR's a lot.. although I do enjoy the newer games as well, there's nothing quite like the oldies :2thumbsup:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Jan 2018 08:48

Hi Torry and welcome back. I haven't seen eTux and Gunilla around for very long. Bert has left years and years ago. You know, somebody who's been born fifteen years ago must surely view himself as a "grown-up". :D

Guess we've all grown up... :santa:
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 17 Jan 2018 13:51

So glad to see you here Torry! I was gone for a few years too. So nice to see you back! :D

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 17 Jan 2018 15:44

Ah, how lovely. Welcome back Torry. :hi:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 17 Jan 2018 19:58

Welcome home, Torry. :)
Torry wrote:
17 Jan 2018 06:18
So you may see me from time to time asking dopey questions about these relics that I should know but have forgotten.
You get to experience them like the first time, could you ask for anything better? :D

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 17 Jan 2018 22:01

Hi Treebs

Just looked at your blog and downloaded the upscaled FMV's for TR1 & TR2. Thanks for that. Looking forward to the Tomb Raider Suite as well.

Have you seen the video walk throughs on youtube for the games? Hi quality mp4's that you can download and watch on your TV reliving the games in their entirety.

The best are the Dfactor Longplays.

[https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... lgJGBe8bg/]

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 18 Jan 2018 20:58

Thanks for the visit (and sorry for the language barrier!). For TR1, by replacing the original high-quality mp4 files with the remastered mp4 files, you can actually get them to play in-game if you're using the TombATI solution from Paul. Nice to spin things a bit after god knows how many replays we've put into these games. :)

As for the youtube playthroughs, I'm not a big fan of the idea of watching other people play (meaning I'd rather play myself instead), but when it comes down to custom levels at least it's nice to see it's gaining more and more exposure via YouTube content creators. Even I post some on occasion, although my reach is very small in comparison.

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 18 Jan 2018 23:23

No worries about the language Treebs, I just had your blog convert it to english.....

Couple of questions mate. The mp4 upscaled fmv's? Just drop them into the FMV folder of Tombati? Will they get picked automatically?

Also, the patch for the last secret fix. Will that work on the Tombati file?

Lastly. The widescreen patch for TR 2, 3 and 4. Does that need to be run from within the respective TR folders ( I am running the gog versions). OR can it be run from anywhere within the C drive?

Thanks for your help cobber.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 19 Jan 2018 19:53

I'm assuming you already installed the "Higher Quality FMV files" from the TombATI download page, so in that case all you need to do is copy over the remastered mp4 files and rename them accordingly (ie cafe.mp4, vision.mp4 etc) to replace the HQ videos.

The last secret fixer is pretty handy in the sense it works with virtually every version of the game, IIRC it will just ask you where a specific level file is and will automatically recognize it's format. It will just replace the level file, so you can be using any sort of installation (ie original, TombATI, Glidos etc) and it will be ok. :)

As for the TR2-4 widescreen tool, it's been a while since I tinkered with it. It's not the most user friendly tool you'll come across, but as far as I know you can run it from anywhere on your HDD. It'll ask you to locate the game executable and insert the desired variables (someone once did some trial and error research), it will then create a backup of the original executable (your folder will have a 4x3_tomb2.exe for instance) and generate a new executable with the widescreen hack.

Hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll try harder. :hammer:

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 19 Jan 2018 20:56

Thanks mate. Just had to rename the mp4's to .avi and replace the original avi files and they work.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 29 Jan 2018 13:10

Hi there, Torry!

I'm Lo and I used to administrate a bunch of TR forums - talk about so much effort for so little reward! Sadly, nobody seems to have told you that dear Mugs passed away last year.

I hope to get to know you better :angel:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Jan 2018 13:49

High Priestess
many of us knows torry
and i am almost sure that torry have read and spying the forum for years
i know that he moved together with cheryl aka cher
and they meet either here on trle or laras home (can't recall)
but i actually didn't want to ask torry how it goes with cheryl
cos i don't know about she still lives or they still live together
she moved to australia from usa what i think are a big decision from her side
hats of to her
but torry hasn't said anything about cher in his latest post
so i didn't want to bother him with it
he tell when he are ready to it
so i actually think that u tell people that mugs died are a little malplaced
sorry to say so
and yes it's also malplaced to write this
even more malplaced are that i don't know you or the forums u refer to
u don't say which they are

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 29 Jan 2018 14:54

I do remember Torry. He hasn't been active in many years (that I can remember) but I do remember him as well as other names that I look forward to seeing here again sometime. :)
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 30 Jan 2018 00:40

Hi Vimmers (GREAT BIG HUG)

Cheryl and I are still together (14 years now) and living in Adelaide. Moved from Melbourne almost 10 years ago. Cheryl is having health issues but she is a fighter and hanging in there. I set her up with wifi so she can access the internet from the lounge on her tablet. Sadly, she has not raided for years as moving the PC into the lounge is not really practical. Do they have the games for the android platforms I wonder? I retired 3 months ago to look after her but we are going well. Thanks for asking mate.

Cheryl's boys are traveling out from the US today to be with her for a week so we are all excited about their arrival today sometime.

Hi Jorge22 and also High Priestess. Don't worry about the posts. All good. Sorry about Mugs but sadly we are all getting older *sigh*.