"Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" (2001) video reviews

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Zaffiro

"Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" (2001) video reviews

Post by Zaffiro » 10 Jan 2018 12:13

Hello. I browsed the forum to see if there was a duplicate topic and I didn't find it, but if I was wrong feel free to move it or integrate in the existing topic. I also think I'm doing the right thing, since I didn't find nothing in the forum rules that states otherwise (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16928), but if I was wrong, just notify me and I'll ask the administration to remove this topic at once, or authorise me to remove this topic at once.

So far I only knew this review of "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider", the 2001 movie, by Chris Stuckmann:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcMo3wXDv8
Today another critic, the Nostalgia Critic, reviewed this movie (and at this moment I have yet to see the review, so I don't know what will be his opinion, although I know that I agree with him most of the times. Not always. For instance: I loved "Alien resurrection" and "Event Horizon"... and I found the latter movie more enjoyable in my native language, Italian... even though I acknowledged the flaws he pointed out in his negative reviews.
https://vimeo.com/250297843
Tomorrow the same review will be available on You Tube, on the Channel Awesome channel.

P.S. Now I have seen the review. I agreed with the Critic, for the most part (I also agreed with Stuckmann's review at the time). I saw the movie for the first time only two years ago, and I recognise that it, along with its sequel of 2003, was the source for many things that would be featured in the Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix videogames. You know, the Croft Manor, the Larson Conway's character as portrayed in "Anniversary"... And since I happen to be also a fan of Doctor Who, I appreciate the fact that this movie was a story about time traveling with Iain Glen (an actor who later will actually star in two episodes of the fifth season of DW). The only thing I never liked of this movie? The music (apart from a few songs), especially the one which was playing when Lara managed to save Alex from his death and hurt Powell with his own knife. That music just didn't fit well with the scene, in my opinion.

Luisa

Re: "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" (2001) video reviews

Post by Luisa » 12 Jan 2018 23:18

The Nostalgia Critic said everything that has to be said about the 2001 Tomb Raider movie and why Angelina Jolie is the definitive actress to play the classic incarnation of classic Lara Croft forever and always and no one else could have done it in her place ever.

But also, I wish the 2001 movie would have brought other known characters from the classic franchise other than herself such as Natla and Von Croy and maybe would be more faithful to her backstory without the dead father drama stuff.
"I'm a dangerous girl, and right now I'm losing patience."