Hi January, how are you?

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Jan 2018 10:59

You may take it from here... :D

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Hi January, how are you?

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jan 2018 22:23

I'm glad I have the day off, and I'm making progress in my strength training and martial arts.

I got some paperwork out of the way, so I'm just waiting for slightly warmer weather to resume hiking, especially when a coworker mentioned an adventurous rocky place to explore... :D

I feel better now that I have career goals, listen more to my intuition, and have objectives to pursue.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 03 Jan 2018 01:44

Happy new year to both of you, and I'm glad things are going well for you Hits. My internship is personally progressing well and when I return back from the holidays I will now be progressing to office based work and possibly working as a receptionist, which I'm proud of. :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2018 14:34

Happy New Year Jorgie, Hits and Ryan! Good to hear Hits :2thumbsup: And Ryan :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2018 14:34

Happy New Year Jorgie, Hits and Ryan! Good to hear Hits :2thumbsup: And Ryan :2thumbsup:

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 06 Jan 2018 18:06

Hey everyone, I've always wondered if this could be fun and interesting to present you my work outside of Tomb Raider as I was often silent during months, so here it is a little game I've tried to make on Unity, a popular game engine that I will probably use a lot to make games. :)

It's still not fully working, but at least playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=layPecxzHPA&t=2s

Any thoughts ? ^^

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 07 Jan 2018 20:51

Been watching it and it looks to me like a game from the 90`s. Collecting things and make your way along the path, such games had been very popular in the 90`s. My point of view: I like it, been playing this kind of games often as a teenager.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 09 Jan 2018 20:28

@Alex Chap

That's an interesting game, thanks for sharing! :)

I finally figured out how to survive Endurance Mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider! :idea: Now if I could get through the combat sequences in Lara's Nightmare and Cold Darkness Awakened...

Other than that, the weather is finally warming up a bit. But I'm glad I learned how to endure this type of cold weather in December 2016 in Kansas, and the day after an ice storm, I slipped and fell on the icy sidewalk to post a bill for my parents (I definitely need cleats for times like these...), but at least my martial arts training helped me land safely.

@Ryan

I'm glad your internship is going well and that you've found a career path you enjoy! :)

I'm figuring out what is working at my current retail job, and it's giving me confidence. I'm getting a customer service award, which bodes well for my ability to deal with the public, in favorable and in adverse conditions. I'm determined to reach my career goals, and I have to give myself the means to succeed.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 22 Jan 2018 18:09

Just finished replaying Dracula's Return. What an excellent game! (I should have been working but I'm half-procrastinating... Shhh... Don't say a word...)

I'm off to replaying The Jerusalem Project now. ;)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 26 Jan 2018 01:29

I'm glad you're enjoying playing some Tomb Raider levels, Jorge. :)

As for me, I finished playing the DLCs from Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's amazing how different DLCs emphasize different skills to develop (for Lara's Nightmare, I felt like I really had to have sharp combat skills and be aware of my surroundings, it took me a few days at a time over the course of a month to make it through. For Endurance Mode, I had to be really resourceful and quick). Now I'm ready for either Lara Croft Go or a custom level.

As for me, I'm working hard at work, and my strength training is bearing fruit! It's making my life easier, and I feel more confident.

I'm learning how to generate power in martial arts class. In addition, I hiked and climbed the Billy Goat Trail at Great Falls. I will show photos as soon as possible, it was quite an adventure negotiating scoured rocks with views of the powerful Potomac River, it's great to see how far I've come since Idaho in terms of outdoor skills.

I also started learning Brazilian Portuguese because I encounter a lot of Brazilian customers who don't know English, and Spanish is an approximation (enough to get through a transaction, but I'd rather help in their language if I can). Now that I looked at pronounciation, I did look at a few greeting phrases. I will have to come up with a list of terms and phrases to help customers more effectively.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 29 Jan 2018 04:18

Here are some photos from my adventure! :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image