off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Hi January, how are you?

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Jan 2018 09:59

You may take it from here... :D
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Hi January, how are you?

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Jan 2018 21:23

I'm glad I have the day off, and I'm making progress in my strength training and martial arts.

I got some paperwork out of the way, so I'm just waiting for slightly warmer weather to resume hiking, especially when a coworker mentioned an adventurous rocky place to explore... :D

I feel better now that I have career goals, listen more to my intuition, and have objectives to pursue.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 03 Jan 2018 00:44

Happy new year to both of you, and I'm glad things are going well for you Hits. My internship is personally progressing well and when I return back from the holidays I will now be progressing to office based work and possibly working as a receptionist, which I'm proud of. :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2018 13:34

Happy New Year Jorgie, Hits and Ryan! Good to hear Hits :2thumbsup: And Ryan :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2018 13:34

Happy New Year Jorgie, Hits and Ryan! Good to hear Hits :2thumbsup: And Ryan :2thumbsup:

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 06 Jan 2018 17:06

Hey everyone, I've always wondered if this could be fun and interesting to present you my work outside of Tomb Raider as I was often silent during months, so here it is a little game I've tried to make on Unity, a popular game engine that I will probably use a lot to make games. :)

It's still not fully working, but at least playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=layPecxzHPA&t=2s

Any thoughts ? ^^

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 07 Jan 2018 19:51

Been watching it and it looks to me like a game from the 90`s. Collecting things and make your way along the path, such games had been very popular in the 90`s. My point of view: I like it, been playing this kind of games often as a teenager.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 09 Jan 2018 19:28

@Alex Chap

That's an interesting game, thanks for sharing! :)

I finally figured out how to survive Endurance Mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider! :idea: Now if I could get through the combat sequences in Lara's Nightmare and Cold Darkness Awakened...

Other than that, the weather is finally warming up a bit. But I'm glad I learned how to endure this type of cold weather in December 2016 in Kansas, and the day after an ice storm, I slipped and fell on the icy sidewalk to post a bill for my parents (I definitely need cleats for times like these...), but at least my martial arts training helped me land safely.

@Ryan

I'm glad your internship is going well and that you've found a career path you enjoy! :)

I'm figuring out what is working at my current retail job, and it's giving me confidence. I'm getting a customer service award, which bodes well for my ability to deal with the public, in favorable and in adverse conditions. I'm determined to reach my career goals, and I have to give myself the means to succeed.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"