Let's Play Tomb Raider - London Style!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Let's Play Tomb Raider - London Style!

Post by High Priestess » 21 Nov 2017 17:22

I must say that incorporating Thames Wharf in TR III was a good idea. Great shots of the Thames, scouring the rooftops.

What is your favourite custome level and why? :)

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Let's Play Tomb Raider - London Style!

Post by Mytly » 21 Nov 2017 18:13

Well, if you're looking for London levels that are similar to the TR3 levels, you could try the Back to Basics 2007 levels - the theme was London that year. I'm afraid I can't recommend any specific one, since I haven't played them (it's the only BtB where I haven't played a single level! :blush: ).

Tomb Raider - League of the Dragons by Raidermatty is a multi-level adventure, featuring several locations, but 4-5 of the levels are set in London. The artistic style is a little different from the TR3 London levels in some of them, but several (such as 'London's Building' and 'Industrial Zone') are very similar in style.

A somewhat unusual suggestion for this theme: A Time Odyssey by Trix. Once again, it's a multi-level adventure, with lots of locations, but the first one, 'Somewhere, Sometime' is set in London - in 19th century London to be precise (as the name indicates, this game has a time travel theme). It's one of the most beautiful and atmospheric custom levels I've ever played. :2thumbsup:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 22 Nov 2017 20:56

Wow! Thanks ever so much for those links, Mytly! They look awesome! :2thumbsup:

I lived in outer London for 5 years so think the textures and ambience is always on the ball since they do take the design team in the official releases out on location :)

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 22 Nov 2017 23:42

I helped test that for Trix, though it seems many years ago, now, but it's a game I still remember :thinking2:, as there were parts that needed to be tested many times :sweatdrop:, trying different things in the many different locations, owing to the complexity of the game. I agree with you, Mytly, that it was a really interesting game. (I still have 3 screenshots on my computer, one from that first level.)

I'm not sure I ever realised the first level was considered to be London, but that would `fit` 8). I've always been interested in science-fiction (including the concept of time-travel), so that appealed to me a great deal (as did Uvavoo's levels, which I also had the privilege of testing, and most of Richard Lawther's later games and some of Titak's, though perhaps they were more fantasy). It was really lovely - and again, a privilege - to go through those very high-quality games in great detail. I almost wish I were still playing (but many things in the real world have taken priority for the last 6 years - though I `pop in` to trle.net every so often), as the new BtB theme sounds fascinating! :-o
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Nov 2017 14:53

You don't have to play routinely. Just do it at your own pace. ;)