off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Back To Basics 2018 - Open for registration

Post by Jorge22 » 09 Nov 2017 15:27

We're a truly sensible bunch, aren't we? :D
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 09 Nov 2017 20:31

Get excited peeps. :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: This BtB will undoubtedly produce a bunch of uniquely different levels because it's a change from the classic locations and the building assets are so diverse and new. If you're keen to build a level with a space theme then you won't be disappointed and you'll find a way with this pack. :wink:
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

chronicles5

Post by chronicles5 » 09 Nov 2017 23:20

Yes!! I've always thought about building a space themed level but never was able to get a good object and texture set together for it. So I'm very excited. I think this theme will inspire some really unique adventures for Lara. Can't wait!
Happy to be building again.

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 10 Nov 2017 11:18

I love this theme and look forward to playing every released game levels. :2thumbsup:
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

GabrielRaider

Post by GabrielRaider » 10 Nov 2017 11:55

Oops! I want to participate, next week I'll start doing :hammer: it :bestplay:

Mail sent :D
email me on objects: gabrielcroft1237@gmail.com

I'm getting older building this level;) but I already have the plan in mind what kind of level I'm going to do, I think most will do it, I think, maybe Lara will be on Mars on the same level, I'm not sure, it's just discussion for now until JesusCroft finishes the WAD ....
I'm only here for convenience I'll soon be away from the site creating levels...

@GabrielRaiderOFC :2thumbsup:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Nov 2017 14:52

I like Mars, of course. But has anybody thought of more distant and different planets such as, say, Jupiter and its moons or whatever? I don't know, I guess it all depends on the wad and the builder, meaning if things are doable. But "space" is actually very vast as a theme.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Kitkat
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Kitkat » 10 Nov 2017 15:21

Jorge22 wrote:
10 Nov 2017 14:52
I like Mars, of course. But has anybody thought of more distant and different planets such as, say, Jupiter and its moons or whatever? I don't know, I guess it all depends on the wad and the builder, meaning if things are doable. But "space" is actually very vast as a theme.
That reminds me of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
:lol:

:cat:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Nov 2017 15:36

A wise man once said: "I need no more possessions but for the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy". That says it all. ;)

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducat ... verse.html

Revenge

Post by Revenge » 10 Nov 2017 17:59

Jorge22 wrote:
10 Nov 2017 14:52
If I remember correctly, Jupiter is made of gas so that wouldn't really be possible for Lara to be on it :p Though Floating Islands did happen in TR so it wouldn't be that weird for her to walk on gas compared to all the absurdeness TR has had before :vlol:

Tbh I am thinking about sth even more absurd and completely imaginary, I mean why not ^^
"I've been waiting so long for this moment, but we're finally interviewing this plant."

I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy. I'm Poppy.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Nov 2017 18:07

Why not indeed. It's a game after all, we don't really have to go through all the reality issues NASA has.

And not only the gas... The pressure, the radiation (same for Mars, btw), the permanent hyper-storms etc. etc.

But this is a game. In my view, if made possible by the wad, Lara could travel from galaxy to galaxy and beyond...

Zreen

Post by Zreen » 10 Nov 2017 19:55

I have a small inkling of an idea and have made quick sketches, but until the package is given out I won't plan too far ahead (made that mistake several times before).
Remind me: net gameplay means...? How long you played minus deaths and wanton exploration?

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 11 Nov 2017 01:52

Zreen wrote:
10 Nov 2017 19:55
Remind me: net gameplay means...? How long you played minus deaths and wanton exploration?
Net gameplay = the time that is displayed in the stats of the game. Gross gametime = the time a player actually spends playing a level.
My estimation is that if you as a builder knowing the correct path through your level, can complete all the tasks including defeating all enemies and making all pickups in about 35-40 minutes, then that would probably equate to net 1-1.5 hours of an average player's gameplay. That's not to say that expert players might finish a level with net gameplay closer to your own net time. Gathering of secrets should probably not be factored into estimating your primary net gameplay time unless they are essential to a player finishing a level.
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 12 Nov 2017 03:18

Phil wrote:
07 Nov 2017 15:30
JesseG wrote:
07 Nov 2017 02:35
Very exciting, I bet this will be an excellent platform of creativity, can't wait to see what the builders come up with!
Which will include you, I trust.
I will see where my current project is at the end of the month and decide. Right now it seems more likely that I'll choose to stick with that (it feels like it's already taken too long!) but I'll give it some thought. :)

A_De

Post by A_De » 12 Nov 2017 13:13

I'm a fan of Half-life 1 & 2 game universe. Would be be just great if the pack allows to build a level in Half-Life style :roll:

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 14 Nov 2017 20:31

I was thinking of entering for this one but due to the fact i may be working extra over christmas i cannot guarantee i'd be ready on time, So i may just leave it,
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."