November

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

November

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Nov 2017 11:30

So, here it is. It isn't Christmas yet but it starts to smell like it. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: November

Post by Hitsumei » 02 Nov 2017 23:22

We'll see about that...

I am getting interviews for stores. My best hope for staying in Georgia is the computer store I worked at, but I have to get a certification within 90 days for a full-time long-term position. So I have to really work hard at it.

Otherwise, there are two stores in Maryland and Northern Virginia.

I conquered the highest mountain in Georgia: Brasstown Bald...with fall foliage! I loved the views from the summit, and learned a bit about the trees, the shrubs, and the rocks in the area.

Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 02 Nov 2017 23:59

Wow, it looks lovely Hits! :hug:

Guys, I really love Christmas. I love the snow but we haven't had much in the UK for a while.

I especially love the Christmas levels and can't wait to launch the new festive thread in December :D

Naturally we'll all miss Pat's (Mugs') levels so I hope other builders chip in in her glorious memory.

Lo xx

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 03 Nov 2017 15:43

Of course we'll miss Pat's levels as we'll certainly miss her presence.

Other than that, I'm sure there'll be Christmas (hopefully Christamassy as other types can be released at any other time) levels to bring joy to our small PCs. :)

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 08 Nov 2017 20:07

A good start into the cold season for me. I had more sparetime and used it to relax and finally bought my favourite crime series on Blueray. Body of Proof, Rizzoli and Isles and Relic Hunter(not a crime series but I like it). I own all seasons of these three series now(a kind of early christmas present for me). Days are already rainy and dark here and at five o`clock it is already dark and the heating turns itself on. I also found a great song called deja vu on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpiyUBAFgr4

First time I had been listening to was in Berlin Day and Night. The voice of Eule is awesome, a song to remember. :2thumbsup:
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 11 Nov 2017 02:11

All right, I didn't get the tech support job, and the customer service position wasn't going to pay enough.

So I'm heading back to Maryland. And even there, I'll have to see if I can get my old job back, or go for another company.

I have to face the reality that I'm mainly qualified and motivated for retail right now. Work is a place where I have to deliver consistent excellent performance, it's not a place to grow most of the time (Idaho was a special case). If I want to learn and grow, I'll need hobbies and coaches instead...

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 11 Nov 2017 11:27

Sorry about the job, Hits. But quite rightly, don't give up. I'm sure that many job roles will be willing to take you, with your skills. :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 12 Nov 2017 00:14

Well, I got my old job back, and the minimum wage increased while I was away. So I'll be able to recover the financial losses from ending an apartment contract early.

Unfortunately Ryan, I don't have a big skill set when it comes to work. And even among retail, it's better to pick a job where I have the right configuration to lead in sales, which is the case.

Hopefully the increase in hobbies I've cultivated in Georgia will make my return to Maryland a better experience.

I got my belt promotion in martial arts today, it was pretty easy, and it was great to see how I've become more powerful.

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 12 Nov 2017 00:18

Ah well, I'm glad to see something positive happened regarding the black belt, anyway.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 12 Nov 2017 00:38

It's not a black belt, it's a green stripe in this case. I would've needed to be able to stay until 2020 in Georgia to reach black belt.

For the martial arts school in DC however, my increased fighting capabilities could help speed up the path to black belt, as I reached brown belt over there in 2016 (then went to Idaho, and didn't have the chance to resume classes. I will be able to when I return to Maryland).

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 12 Nov 2017 01:08

Whoops, my mistake. Hope everything continues to progress well, though, Hits. I'm rooting for you! :2thumbsup:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 15 Nov 2017 15:59

This morning I was at Ikea where they have their own wi-fi. I tried to check on trle and, much to my surprise, found that the site is blacklisted. The same happens with every computer with a connection to the ministry of Education, btw. I suppose the logic must be the same: keep their employees away from any kind of game while at work.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 17 Nov 2017 16:46

I tried hunting deer this week. I didn't see any deer where I was, but other people did get some deer. Learning how to get through briars was quite an experience though. :D

Today's fishing session was weird, the fish weren't interested in my worms with the cold weather at sunrise, but when I threw my bait, a fish emerged and ate it whole! :eek3:

There is a judo seminar tomorrow, a dinner afterwards, then I would like to see a classmate's play.

Then I will drive back to Maryland on Sunday.

I resume work on Tuesday.

I will definitely be hiking in order to feel more rooted in Maryland, nature is pretty important for me to feel a connection to a region. Then once I establish my residency in 6 months, I can get an in-state hunting and fishing license to resume fishing and hunting.

And with the progress I've made in martial arts, let's see how soon I can get a black belt in karate in DC (I was brown belt in 2016).

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 20 Nov 2017 21:15

Hey Lo, could you respond to my PM? It's pretty urgent, moving back in to MD prevented me from logging in to my Facebook account.

Well, I'm back in Maryland, I could move up to a position in sales if I do as well as between March and June. :)

I'm definitely more aware of the perfectionism in Maryland though (crossing t's and dotting i's... :anxious: ), but I have to deal with it... :|

I have some paperwork to deal with to reestablish residency and get individual health insurance until I'm eligible for employer health insurance (90 days). But then I can resume my hikes and excel at work. At least with my retail job, I'll be able to have everything (including health insurance) except the ability to afford an apartment.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 30 Nov 2017 02:40

My old job is helping me regain confidence in my capabilities. :)

And I finally have long-term career goals now. However, they consist of three, I'll have to see how to narrow it down to one, and deeply pursue it.