More Cat Shennanigans!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

More Cat Shennanigans!

Post by High Priestess » 16 Oct 2017 19:49

We've recently taken on a stray who I have named "Baggy". He's in a terrible state so we are fixing him up with all the appropriate meds. :angel:

But now hear this. Tonight my boyfriend cooked me a lovely meal and just as I went to retrieve it I found my other cat, an albino, knee-deep in mashed potato. Upon being discovered he ran off with my pork chop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be in touch next week (from the food bank) :D

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: More Cat Shennanigans!

Post by Hitsumei » 17 Oct 2017 16:51

Thank you for sharing your cat stories, Lo! Cats can be so hilarious! :lol: How are Baggy and Star getting along?
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 17 Oct 2017 18:23

Hitsumei wrote:
17 Oct 2017 16:51
Thank you for sharing your cat stories, Lo! Cats can be so hilarious! :lol: How are Baggy and Star getting along?
Thanks, Hits! Well Baggy is still recovering from his visit to the vet and we had to saturate him with mite treatment yesterday. Star is very tolerant but we have to eke out our love equally so neither one gets jealous :D Next week, Baggy is being castrated so his love of me may be short-lived LOL :lol:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 17 Oct 2017 22:18

LMAO...I have 3 and did not get them on my own. I rescued all three. My baby jack died last year, we had to put him down because he was dying :( Now I stuck with the three stooges :lol:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 18 Oct 2017 11:59

SuzanneJack wrote:
17 Oct 2017 22:18
LMAO...I have 3 and did not get them on my own. I rescued all three. My baby jack died last year, we had to put him down because he was dying :( Now I stuck with the three stooges :lol:
Aww sorry to hear about Jack :cry:

It's funny as we never know (on a lighter note), how rescues are going to get along. Star - the one in my profile picture - chose us and believe me he is uber choosy and legged it when other potential adoptive parents made a beeline for him :lol: I understand they were older people and his first owner died (no doubt of pork chop starvation as opposed to old age lol) :D

Baggy kept appearing by my back door but I was reluctant to keep feeding him since he had a collar. BUT it was the sort of collar that looks like it was chosen more for fashion than practicality :lol:

He refused to leave one day so we took him on. That was about a week ago and since then he's still talking to me in spite of the veterinary trauma I have put him through haha! :baby:

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 18 Oct 2017 14:15

Ah a cat thread - I'm in. :2thumbsup: Nice one, Lo. :D

Suz, my dear, so sorry about Jack. I think I may still have the photo of him you sent me, but that was about two computers ago (yes, I do get through them at a rather shameful rate) so it may well have disappeared into the ether. We had to have our old cat put to sleep last year too. It's never an easy decision but eventually it's just cruel to hang on to them. Now we just have the one - Dizzie, who is only 12 so we jolly well expect him to be around for at least another five years. He's likely to be our last cat as we really are getting a bit long in the tooth to adopt a kitten when Diz goes, so it's just as well that he's the nicest, soppiest, friendliest moggie we've ever had.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 18 Oct 2017 15:33

Jay wrote:
18 Oct 2017 14:15
Ah a cat thread - I'm in. :2thumbsup: Nice one, Lo. :D

Suz, my dear, so sorry about Jack. I think I may still have the photo of him you sent me, but that was about two computers ago (yes, I do get through them at a rather shameful rate) so it may well have disappeared into the ether. We had to have our old cat put to sleep last year too. It's never an easy decision but eventually it's just cruel to hang on to them. Now we just have the one - Dizzie, who is only 12 so we jolly well expect him to be around for at least another five years. He's likely to be our last cat as we really are getting a bit long in the tooth to adopt a kitten when Diz goes, so it's just as well that he's the nicest, soppiest, friendliest moggie we've ever had.
Aww poor moggy! :cry:

On the topic of PCs what are you currently running on, Jay? I get through more computers than cats too :D

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 18 Oct 2017 17:08

Thank you Lo & Jay, it was hard since I had him when I joined here. You are right Jay, we should have done it days sooner but it was just very hard on us :cry: The two girls, Charlie and Farrah are sisters and could not be separated and Bebe was my Daughter's cat that she had get get rid of when the baby came. Farrah and Bebe are pure white and along with that comes a lot of fricken hair! At my age and disabilities they are a LOT of work :roll: So sorry Jay about Moggy :cry:

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 19 Oct 2017 13:43

@Lo Do you mean my OS - that would be Windows7 as I'm quite happy with it and don't want to update until I absolutely have to. As for any other specs, I plead complete ignorance. We get our computers built by a really good local chap. Basically, we just tell him what we want them for and he sorts us out. I'm not exactly tech savvy. :D
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 29 Oct 2017 16:21

Jay wrote:
19 Oct 2017 13:43
@Lo Do you mean my OS - that would be Windows7 as I'm quite happy with it and don't want to update until I absolutely have to. As for any other specs, I plead complete ignorance. We get our computers built by a really good local chap. Basically, we just tell him what we want them for and he sorts us out. I'm not exactly tech savvy. :D
Good idea. I'm going off a Dell Alienware X51 gaming machine but retained my monitor from my Inspiron to cut costs. However this morning the monitor has been blacking out sporadically. I had two spare monitors but my partner has ruined one - he knocked wine all over it in a sort of upward splash :D So he's using the other new one but I may have to demand it back at this rate. Besides which I did buy him an iPad so meh :-P

As for my two cats, the bad news is that Baggy had Cat 'Flu and has now infected Star Cat my albino. The latter has been to the vets this morning. Baggy is going tomorrow for his treatment so this is a potentially bad situation. I hope they will survive :(