This Forum

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

This Forum

Post by High Priestess » 08 Oct 2017 09:33

Hello all!

Happy Sunday! :angel:

I felt the need to state how, in spite of "instant media" like Facebook, Twitter et al, nothing can really match TR:LE. One may wait a day for a reply but ever since dear Pat/Mugs passed away I am seeing a lot more interaction here on the Chat board and it pleases me no end.

I both understand and appreciate that not all members are English-speaking but those who are fluent have all come together recently - Jorge, Bene, Hits, Ryan et al and this has made a tragedy into a celebration of sorts because Mugs put a lot of time into this forum and I think it is only right that we honour her efforts by maintaining and injecting more threads.

Sadly, a lot of folk want instant reactions in this fast-moving Internet world but we should not neglect well thought-out contributions to this board :balloon:

Mugs' absence really resonates through this forum. I miss her contributions even if I rarely replied to threads which is evident in my post count!

Lets keep this forum alive and active.

Lo :angel:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: This Forum

Post by Jorge22 » 08 Oct 2017 11:31

Personally, I think I've noticed a little less interaction here since mugs sadly passed (namely on "happy birthday" threads, not to mention that nobody here ever cared much about Tom Petty ;) ). It's ok, hopefully things will get back to normal even though "normal", in our case, never meant a lot of traffic. And you're right, this is nothing like the so-called social media, thank God.

We'll keep the forums alive. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 08 Oct 2017 13:24

Some of us are still having a hard time with Pat's passing. Some of us need to be here and some can't be here. When my sister was killed years ago, she owned a bar and some people had to be there and some stayed away for awhile because it was too sad for them. Everyone will come around. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 08 Oct 2017 14:06

I'm doing my part to keep the forum alive. I'll be able to do more when things get better for me, but for now this is the best I can do in the face of uncertainty.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Oct 2017 17:34

High Priestess wrote:
08 Oct 2017 09:33
Hello all!

Happy Sunday! :angel:

I felt the need to state how, in spite of "instant media" like Facebook, Twitter et al, nothing can really match TR:LE. One may wait a day for a reply but ever since dear Pat/Mugs passed away I

Lo :angel:
there should be a button there can activate instant email on a reply
like there are on many other forums
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 08 Oct 2017 17:39

Hmm... I know about that but I wouldn't like to have my email filled with that kind of stuff. Of course, each to his own. And I'm really not trying to contradict, just saying. Unless one could choose whether to receive those notifications, that'd be fine. :)
Last edited by Jorge22 on 08 Oct 2017 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 08 Oct 2017 19:03

vimmers wrote:
08 Oct 2017 17:34

there should be a button there can activate instant email on a reply
like there are on many other forums
Yes I quite like that idea. I used to have that facility on a few of my forums back in the day 8)

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 08 Oct 2017 23:22

SuzanneJack wrote:
08 Oct 2017 13:24
Some of us are still having a hard time with Pat's passing. Some of us need to be here and some can't be here. When my sister was killed years ago, she owned a bar and some people had to be there and some stayed away for awhile because it was too sad for them. Everyone will come around. :)
Good grief! I am shocked and horrified to hear this. Poor lady. I am so sorry for your loss and for what happened to your Sister. :cry:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 09 Oct 2017 18:24

Thank you lo, it was a very long time ago. She was 25 and I was 24. Now I'll turn 63 end of month...ugh!

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 10 Oct 2017 20:13

SuzanneJack wrote:
09 Oct 2017 18:24
Thank you lo, it was a very long time ago. She was 25 and I was 24. Now I'll turn 63 end of month...ugh!
I'm in my late forties. My pic was taken last Christmas and I've only just started to get the odd grey hair :D I don't know where the time goes!!!