Post by High Priestess » 18 Oct 2017 12:27

Wow! Thanks for sharing your catches, Hits! :angel: :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Octoberon

Post by Hitsumei » 21 Oct 2017 01:16

Thank you Lo!

My interview went well. However, I'll have to wait at least a week for a decision. If I could start the job, my life could start again.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 22 Oct 2017 15:58

Yep.

Still, your life will start again no matter what. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 26 Oct 2017 21:29

It is true that my life can start over again, Jorge. Thankfully, hobbies give me a sense of purpose. However, what's missing is work that gives me purpose and that fully puts to use my skills...

Well I tried going deer hunting today to a new spot, and the only information I had at my disposal were coordinates (no listed address for the check-in station, and the google maps directions for Forest Service roads were less clear than usual). :-o Result: I couldn't even find the hunting site, and the GPS led me to roads that were a bit too rocky for my small car (which can handle dirt roads, just not if it's super rocky). I was told about a fish hatchery, and that's the only place that could be a check-in site for next time...

I had to really deal with traveling far into the unknown there... :D

Well the site I regularly go to will have a deer season mid-November. So hopefully I can stay long enough to enjoy that. Otherwise, I'll be able to hunt in Maryland too. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 27 Oct 2017 16:08

I didn't get the surveying job...It looks like I'll have to go back to Maryland.

I'm really facing challenges regarding career purpose. I think I've narrowed down two, three things I'm really passionate about. But I don't know how I can translate that into a job opportunity with decent pay.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 27 Oct 2017 21:56

Hitsumei wrote:
27 Oct 2017 16:08
I didn't get the surveying job...It looks like I'll have to go back to Maryland.

I'm really facing challenges regarding career purpose. I think I've narrowed down two, three things I'm really passionate about. But I don't know how I can translate that into a job opportunity with decent pay.
I replied to your PM on Facebook. Regroup, go back home and work on some covering letters and tweak your C.V. :hug:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 28 Oct 2017 21:25

Thank you for the support, Lo. :hug:

All right, I have one more possibility to stay in Georgia. If not, I'll be ready for Maryland, and rest and recharge in the family home. I did learn a lot about myself in Georgia, but I have to really work on inner contentment and valuing my skills. I realized that I do have things going for me in Georgia and Maryland, it's just the struggle to find lasting, successful work...The biggest plus for Georgia though was learning how quickly I could actually learn things, have a better understanding of my baggage, and gaining the right to own a shotgun for hunting. If I have to go back to Maryland, I'll have to take on the perfectionism that exists there...

Today, there was a Halloween party at the martial arts school, I dressed up as Lara Croft. :D

Big edit: I saw a full-time tech support position at my favorite computer store! It'll put to use all of my skills, and my grit will be valued!!! :) I'll be able to stay in Georgia!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 29 Oct 2017 12:09

Fingers crossed that all will go well for you. :)

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 29 Oct 2017 12:13

Good luck, Hits! :2thumbsup: