Octoberon

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Re: Octoberon

Post by High Priestess » 10 Oct 2017 21:23

SuzanneJack wrote:
09 Oct 2017 19:18

@Lo, I'm with you on the weather! I love cool and cloudy days and would rather cuddle up then be hot!

It's called the menopause lol :D :lol:

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 11 Oct 2017 18:18

Hi to all... 8)

seems like facebook is down...may be an attack or a monumental error but in the meantime they are losing money..

...finished decorating for Autumn and now have to update bookkeeping..never a fun thing so I am delaying by posting to y'all . :D
And yes, it seems that not only do I procrastinate but I enjoy doing so...
*sigh* back to work...

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 11 Oct 2017 19:14

All right, so it looks like I have far more options for surveying jobs in Georgia. So hopefully I'll ace the interview, get the job and do well at it. Otherwise, I'll contact other companies nearby.

I have a feeling Georgia is unlocking my potential in several ways, so being able to stay there would be worthwhile. If I do all the inner work I need to succeed at my next job, things will work out.

Yesterday in martial arts class, I even jumped and rolled without a hitch! :-o

Yesterday, I caught 4 fish: 1 sunfish, and 3 crappie (for some reason, the fish are called crappie, but they're decent fish to catch).

Image Image Image Image

Today, I went on my first hunt, and I didn't see a single squirrel, even though there were oak trees that would be attractive to any squirrel (more pine trees than oak trees, but still a few)! :(

I did go through steep terrain comparable to Idaho's national forests with my equipment. While I was warned about snakes, I didn't see any (I avoided stepping where I couldn't see the ground though). However, I did see huge spiders with tight spider webs in several places! :anxious: I also heard a few birds. So I did have an adventure nonetheless. :2thumbsup:

Image Image Image Image Image

I also went to a cute little ice cream shop on my way back, and tried Tennessee toffee ice cream. :happy2:
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 12 Oct 2017 17:25

It seems like Georgia is a very good fit for you!
More options, more opportunities.

I loved Georgia when we were there....lots of hills and old growth trees around Atlanta.
Although I would not want to live at the bottom of those steep driveways....:)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 12 Oct 2017 18:30

@bene

It is true that Georgia is a good fit for me. :) I'm really discovering more about myself than before, and for the better.

Indeed there are quite a few trees around Atlanta. I'm glad you had a positive experience in Georgia. :)

Well, I caught 7 fish, and kept 3 of them, I decided to settle for 4.5 inch minimum for crappie and sunfish (I caught a 6 inch black crappie :2thumbsup: ).

I had a phone interview this morning with Home Depot, and it would've been a great fit for me...but 20 hours a week (under full-time availability for part-time work circumstances) wouldn't have worked because the salary would've been a third of the money I need to continue living in Georgia.

I guess there is a parallel between jobs and fishing now...What I'm willing to settle for now compared to before.

All right, so I need to focus on that surveying job interview, and make myself ready for that next job.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 12 Oct 2017 20:12

High Priestess wrote:
10 Oct 2017 21:23
SuzanneJack wrote:
09 Oct 2017 19:18

@Lo, I'm with you on the weather! I love cool and cloudy days and would rather cuddle up then be hot!

It's called the menopause lol :D :lol:
I should be way past that :lol:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 12 Oct 2017 21:44

SuzanneJack

I'm still in the peri-menpause but I save a fortune on the heating lol :lol:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 13 Oct 2017 16:53

I went hunting this morning, and I only saw a squirrel cross the road when I was leaving (I can only hunt squirrels far enough into the forest), but navigating terrain was easier, and I was more careful in the face of giant spiders.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spar in martial arts, and it was pretty good. This bodes well as far as my ability to deal with confrontation is concerned. :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Oct 2017 17:07

Hitsumei wrote:
13 Oct 2017 16:53
I was more careful in the face of giant spiders.
Do you mean giant spiders as in Tomb Raider? :-o

Hope you took your medipacks along... :D

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 13 Oct 2017 20:41

Not as big as in Tomb Raider, but compared to what I've seen in my old home or in my apartment, yeah those spiders are pretty big. :D

Here is a picture of a spider in a curled-up position!

I definitely have a medipack, but if I got bit by a poisonous spider, I'd have to go to the hospital actually. :sweatdrop:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 13 Oct 2017 21:13

I hate spiders. I wrote an entire thread about these pointless cretins recently :D

I refuse to actually believe that they fear me - if that were the case they wouldn't approach me with such gay abandon and stare at me with their 8 sets of eyes like I was the one that was squatting :lol:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 15 Oct 2017 21:47

I understand if you can't stand spiders, Lo. Spiders however do play important roles in taking care of other less desirable insects, especially outside the home. :D

Well, I feel better today now that I feel prepared for an interview, and a career in surveying. :)

Other than that, I did a playthrough of my level, and it lasts 19 minutes thus far. I have to see how to make it last 45 minutes. :thinking:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 16 Oct 2017 16:18

Big news! My interview for the surveying job is on Friday! :2thumbsup:

I also went fishing at the nearby park (there was a special fishing event there). I didn't get any bass, but I did get 3 bream in the span of an hour, including a 6 inch bream and a 7.5 inch bream.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 16 Oct 2017 16:26

Good luck with the interview, Hits! :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 17 Oct 2017 18:14

Thank you for the encouragements, Ryan!

Here are pictures of the fish I caught on Monday (as well as the place where I got them). The largest one is a 7.5 inch bluegill.

I released this crappie, I preferred letting it grow at my level of expertise.

Image I kept this 6 inch bream.

I went hunting this morning, and by waiting behind a tree and using quarters to imitate the sound of a squirrel eating nuts, I had luck attracting squirrels. However, I missed my shot and scared the other squirrels. At least I know I can find squirrels at that spot.

Geopolitically, there is some good news: the defeat of ISIS in Raqqa! It probably won't end the terrorism in Europe because it's not the only factor behind terrorism, but such a victory against evil is a great milestone.