Octoberon

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Octoberon

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Oct 2017 10:44

Hi October people! Well done to those who like the upcoming wintery weather. To the rest of us, do remember there's always the spring and summer after the ordeal! :D

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Octoberon

Post by Hitsumei » 01 Oct 2017 14:00

Well I'm feeling better today. I got some hunting equipment I needed, and went fishing (even if I didn't get any fish).

I started watching a surveying video, and got excited about it. :)

The next thing I have to work on is figuring out how to change my mindset and whatever else necessary so I can be more successful at the next job.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 01 Oct 2017 14:49

Glad to hear it, Hits. All of us here are rooting for you. :2thumbsup:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 01 Oct 2017 15:59

Here the weather is really "un-Turkish", two days of a constant drizzly rain. I don't mind, coming from Holland I'm used to shitty weather and it is a nice change after all that heat :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Oct 2017 16:42

As a matter of fact it's pretty hot here today after a few cool and cloudy to semi-cloudy weeks. Go figure out the weather!

Don't you find it interesting that we're talking about the weather? :D

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 01 Oct 2017 21:53

...it seems like we always circle around and talk weather....lol

as for me, being a Floridian, October and our coming "winter" months are always a joy - unless the cold lasts longer than a week and then everyone starts moaning that it's way too cold for way too long....silly but true.... :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Oct 2017 00:27

Something 'unweathery': in Catalonia, hundreds of wounded, the police fighting the police... I remember England (or the UK, whatever) accepted the Scottish referendum. What the heck is going on? Is this Venezuela? If I were Spanish I'd be thinking it'd be decent of Rajoy to resign.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Oct 2017 00:22

And the king delivers that speech and talks of treason on the BBC - the easiest way to lose Catalonia for good. If I were in charge I'd have launched the idea of federalism by now and that could save the day. Germany deals greatly with federalism, for instance, so why the hell not? But then again, I'm not Spanish and I don't think like one. Still, there's something in our history it reminds me of: the way Salazar (a bloody peasant as head of state) dealt with the issues in the African provinces - it all ended rather badly for everyone involved. I read the Spanish law intends to punish the police from Catalonia - what the freaking heck is that?

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 04 Oct 2017 03:08

Regarding the situation in Spain, I don't feel like I know enough to say, other than it seems that there is a neo-Franquist tinge to the whole situation. Despite the appearance of a more open political climate, there is a reluctance to let go of a relatively prosperous part of the country, Catalonia. The current Spanish political framework is the result of a balancing act to smoothly transition away from Franco's death in the 1970s, it probably perceives Catalonia's desire to break away from Spain as something really drastic.

I was able to pick myself up and start applying for jobs. I will go on a job blitz on Wednesday and see who will respond the soonest, and who will hire me. That way I can find out if I can stay in Georgia or if I have to move back to Maryland. At least I have more options than when my job ended in Idaho. I will celebrate applying for jobs by getting ready for my first hunt, and another fishing expedition this weekend.

Life in Georgia feels lonelier now. But the people at the martial arts school keep me company and give me something to look forward to every day, and I got celebrated for starting a leadership course, that helped me feel good. My family is there for me in their own way. The people from trle.net and TRO-online are there for me too, your messages have helped me significantly, thank you so much. My old professional contacts are there for me too.

I have to tell myself I can have a great job so that life in Georgia can be more enjoyable again.

Having one foot possibly in Maryland, and one foot in Georgia brings up all kinds of emotions, but my heart is set on building a nice life in Georgia if I can, because Georgia granted me more freedom, I have martial arts friends I want to stick around with, and I'd like to have deeper ties with the community. If not, at least I'll make sure to experience certain things in Georgia before moving back to Maryland.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Oct 2017 10:56

Well, it's not like the American Civil War or something (plus there's no slavery involved)... After all, we're all within the EU, so what's the point of it all?

The best of lucks to you, Hits. Move on as you must but just don't give up too early.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Oct 2017 12:17

I've just replayed Alcatraz and I must say it was a fun level to play.

Now I think I may be on to... what's the name again?... The Complicated Case. I can't remember if I played it when it came out (I didn't review it) but it looked like a cool level, so let's see...

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 05 Oct 2017 14:39

Thank you Jorge.

Big Edit: I have an interview in two weeks for a surveying job! :2thumbsup: I'm glad I pivoted enough to give myself more options career-wise!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 05 Oct 2017 19:38

Rooting for you! Good luck, you deserve it! :2thumbsup:

And don't ever just give up. :)
Last edited by Jorge22 on 05 Oct 2017 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 05 Oct 2017 19:51

Good luck from me, too! :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 06 Oct 2017 17:00

Thank you for the good luck wishes, Jorge and Ryan! :)

I had to give up a path that wasn't going any further at this point, but I had to give myself options to keep going. It may turn out to be better for me for many reasons.

I'm working hard to earn a stripe in martial arts today.

I also practiced with my shotgun, and I'm ready for my first hunt!

I also caught two sunfish fairly easily once a fellow angler had the right hook size for sunfish (the merchant gave me hooks mainly for bass...). So I'll fish there again with suitable hooks, and then explore another place to fish!

Image Image Image