September!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: September!

Post by Jorge22 » 08 Sep 2017 15:01

@ High Priestess: Lol. I believe sometimes real people will reply to emails but the answer is completing a new test is currently not possible. I think they weren't counting on so many people doing their tests and that is why they seem to be taking so long to reply to those who may have been accepted and also why the thresholds were increased.

@ Hitsumei: Thanks. :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 09 Sep 2017 00:37

Ok, even as the trajectory keeps changing a bit, I'm not too worried about Hurricane Irma, which will be a tropical storm once it reaches NW Georgia.

The biggest concern is figuring out work conditions on Monday and Tuesday, but that's about it.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 09 Sep 2017 08:16

Hitsumei wrote:
09 Sep 2017 00:37
Ok, even as the trajectory keeps changing a bit, I'm not too worried about Hurricane Irma, which will be a tropical storm once it reaches NW Georgia.

The biggest concern is figuring out work conditions on Monday and Tuesday, but that's about it.
Stay safe. Why do they give them silly names? I mean it's never "Hurricane Thor" or even "Hurrican Hades" is it? :lol:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 10 Sep 2017 00:19

It's usually some common name (both male and female), it would be interesting if they picked other names too.

Thank you for your support Lo, I'll be safe, the biggest precaution I took was changing the parking location of my car in the parking lot so that it's safe from any falling trees.

Well, I got my double promotion in martial arts class (currently yellow belt, 10th kup now), and observed black stripe students and black belt students get ready for their tests. :2thumbsup: It was a great day!

It was the most fun test I've ever had, and now I look forward to tests (such as work performance reviews and apartment inspections...), it's a celebration of what I know... :)

On September 10th, I'll be able to enjoy in-state hunting and fishing fees, so I can start hunting and fishing in Georgia!

This weekend, I'll see what I can do regarding level design. :)

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 10 Sep 2017 09:48

Congrats on the martial arts progress, Hits. You do seem to be wringing every last drop out of life, which is admirable. Keep it up. :D

My thoughts go out to everybody affected by these terrible hurricanes. It's pretty unimaginable to those of us living in the cool temperate zones as our weather is, well - temperate. Remind me to stop moaning about all the rain.

Stay safe, people.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 10 Sep 2017 11:56

Well done, Hits. Keep up the great work, and stay safe in that hurricane (although, as you say, it doesn't sound too dangerous for you). :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 11 Sep 2017 11:45

Thank you for the compliments, Jay and Ryan!

Indeed I am really making an effort to live life to the fullest. :)

The tropical storm winds and rains are coming...and I have Monday and Tuesday off from work to stay safe.

So I will focus on completing an online hunter's ed course.

Yesterday, I fixed a few bugs in my level, and I am happy with the results I came up with.

I've also been fermenting sauerkraut, and so far, there are bubbles, so it's working. One more day of fermentation, then I can enjoy it! :2thumbsup:

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 22 Sep 2017 17:27

Seriously, this is Sept. and we just got slammed by Irma so where are my fellow Floridians talking about the storm?
We evacuated to Georgia (the manager of the place said "don't worry, power NEVER goes out here" so, of course, it did) and when we got home it was to darkened, flooded streets and no power...no land line phone, no working cell phones - literally in the dark of the night...

Most here now have power and all is well....could have been much worse - clean-up has started and shutters are coming down and it seems like Maria will be headed out to the Atlantic after the devastation of Puerto Rico and the Islands...they are truly in need...

@ Pat...Hope you are fine and all is well with you and all our forum members who live here...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 22 Sep 2017 17:37

Hi bene, glad you are well. I don't know if you heard, but Pat passed away just last month, so things were initially fairly quiet. I reckon Pat's death spurred us on, as everyone round here is pushing on positively, which is good.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 22 Sep 2017 20:01

She will be so missed, not just by me but anyone who knew her....I had a feeling that something was wrong but just dismissed it..

:cry:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 23 Sep 2017 00:42

Hey bene, I'm glad you're ok in the face of Hurricane Irma, and my thoughts are also to people in the Islands and in Puerto Rico struggling with both Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria.

I'm in a part of Georgia that got really lucky in the face of the hurricane, the only disruption was two days off from work (other parts of Georgia had it worse). During some of my lake trips, I saw trees crash down on some pricey lake homes...

Well, my sauerkraut turned out well, I'll have to see if it'll be better to store it in a cool and dark place, or in the refrigerator, because the fermented taste lessened when I put it in the refrigerator after 3 days. It still has a nice tangy taste though.

This week at work was great, I was efficient and high-performing in the lakes! :2thumbsup:

As far as fishing is concerned, I did have the chance to fish along a bank with a spinning rod last week, but didn't catch anything yet.

Regarding hunting, gun ownership is definitely a learning curve. I'm glad I can handle the kick of a shotgun, but I have to work on reassembling it properly after cleaning it, and it turned out the gunsmith sold me the wrong type of shotgun for deer and turkey hunting (too much focus on getting a shotgun that felt light on me...). Things will be sorted out, and I'll get there.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 23 Sep 2017 10:42

First day of Autumn... nnNnNNnnNNNnaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhrr...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 23 Sep 2017 11:01

bene wrote:
22 Sep 2017 20:01
She will be so missed, not just by me but anyone who knew her....I had a feeling that something was wrong but just dismissed it..

:cry:
Hello, Ryan,

Pat's sad demise is one reason I decided to crawl out of my shell and start posting more threads in the Chat area to coax out and encourage the troops as it were!

I too had a few interpersonal chats with "Mugs" in PM and always found her to be very open and extremely friendly.

Naturally, I can't replace Pat but as the Agony Aunt on the official Eidos forums of yesteryear, I can but do my best to step up and be a friend and confidante to the TR:LE forum members!

Blessings to all,

Lo/HP :angel:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 23 Sep 2017 16:58

I caught my first fish in Georgia: a tiny (3 inch) green sunfish! :)

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 24 Sep 2017 02:41

Hitsumei wrote:
23 Sep 2017 16:58
I caught my first fish in Georgia: a tiny (3 inch) green sunfish! :)

hope u had fun!
:)