Pat Chancey (mugs) Obituary

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Pat Chancey (mugs) Obituary

Post by Moonpooka » 28 Aug 2017 23:04

I am shocked and saddened to hear the news about our Mugs. RIP dear friend and Tomb Raider companion.
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 02 Sep 2017 02:09

I'm gratified by the number of you who have responded with the many heart-tugging messages posted in the online guest book. However, I recognize only about half the names I see there. Maybe a fitting tribute to Pat's memory would be a competition to see who can correctly match the most trle.net nicknames with the real names shown in the guest book. Michael would be ineligible, of course.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Sep 2017 13:01

Well, I'm sure someone will be able to fill the blanks. This is what I can think on a right away basis:

Phil Lambeth - Phil

Ian Smith - Marksdad

Sylwia Chmielnicka - Sylwia

Vladimir Tocki - Tolle87 ?

Maciej Skrzypiec - DJ Full

Ryan Flinn - Ryan

Volker Eickhoff - [no idea]

Jorge Simões - Me

Eddy - [no idea]

Jesse G - Jesse G

Heyfa Kenissi - Hitsumei

Jake Whitmark - [no idea]

Alyson McDevitt - [no idea]

Mat Steele - [no idea]

Laura N. - [no idea - is she from trle?]

Titia Drenth - Titak

Michael Prager - Michael Prager

Marietta Muhelyi - [no idea]

Rachel Karfit - [no idea]

Robin Burgess - rjb

Scott Ginn - EssGee

Gerty Hovenkamp - Gerty

Kile Kirkpatrick - [no idea]

Suzanne Denniger - Suzanne Jack

Gabriel Coelho - [no idea, more or less - is he that guy from Madeira whose name, I'm sorry, I can't remember, or is it Treeble from Brazil? It could well be Treeble]

High Priestess - High Priestess

Andre van den Bogaard - Dutchy

Roberto Web - [no idea]

Scott Chu - Scottchu

Charlotte Paludan - [no idea]

Michael Bauer - avmaster

Sorry if I'm mispelled any names and surnames but I wrote them quickly, with a pencil and some of them are, to me, complicated. :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 02 Sep 2017 14:55

Roberto Web - = aspide admin if i recall right
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=665

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 02 Sep 2017 15:57

So the real name of at least one of us remains unknown (unless High Priestess is her real name, which seems unlikely).

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 02 Sep 2017 16:15

Not nosy at all :-P

Lo Archer = High Priestess
Charlotte Pauldan = Fluen
Kile Kirkpatrick = Kyle (so far he only made one level)
As for Gabriel Coelho I have no idea but Treebles = Lucas Metz
That is all I know, hope you are all happy now :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 02 Sep 2017 16:18

Gerty wrote:
02 Sep 2017 16:15
Not nosy at all :-P

Lo Archer = High Priestess
Damn, now I'll have to transfer my millions to a Swiss bank account and change my National Insurance number :lol:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Sep 2017 17:20

But if you check your account you'll notice it's all been tranferred already to some obscure tax heaven by some absolutely incognito character. Apologies in his name. ;)

And sorry for not having recognized Fluen and for having forgotten Treeble's name was Lucas. My apologies to Kile too for not knowing (or remembering) who he is. :)

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 09 Sep 2017 05:59

I found the guest book and signed.. :angel:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Sponge

Re: Pat Chancey (mugs)

Post by Sponge » 15 Mar 2018 11:43

I received an e-mail yesternight from Carol, mugs' sister.

Carol and her son send their regards to the community. They'd like you all to know how much they appreciated and loved the words of love and extraordinary memories everyone shared of playing and working together to create such fun and creative games. She'd like you to know that mugs loved all of us, a wonderful and talented group of people living all over the world.

Now, there's a new development, too. Carol has agreed to send me mugs' files, since she knows that Pat had been working on a project she did not get to finish. Once the package arrives in Germany in two to three weeks, I'll do my best to pick up where she started and bring mugs' final level to completion in honor of that wonderful person that she was, and the work she put in to make projects happen in this community, and her efforts to support and inspire people to unlock their potential.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 15 Mar 2018 12:58

Thank you for letting us know, Sponge. I'd be looking forward to Pat's final creation being brought to completion by you.

Pat's positivity was amazing, and her devotion to this community, along with her creativity...

Where I am now...I'm sure she would've been disappointed and outraged at my career situation (quitting my field of study...I was drawn to the adventure part, but not the rest...), but then, she'd be happy with the fact that I'm focused on being successful and highly qualified in my career (even if it's retail for now, my goal of natural resource law enforcement brings a different attitude to the job, and the work culture at that retail workplace is exceptionally suitable for me...and I'm honing a wide variety of skills at work and after-hours for my long-term career). And then, career-wise, I'm more focused on my inner child than external expectations (and the seasonal job I had in Idaho gave me the confidence to live a career of intensity, action and adventure, and that there are institutions I can devote myself to), and where I see myself in terms of leadership in career.

And yeah, I do want to make better levels. For now, I have a full plate, but I will work on that.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 15 Mar 2018 14:32

Thank you, Carol.

Thank you, Sponge (take good care and be faithful to the level - I'll admit I'm always a bit suspicious of this kind of thing; but I know you'll do well).

Hits, you're doing just great. Keep it up and leave your options open.

Momster
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Momster » 23 Mar 2018 11:00

so sorry to see this

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 25 Mar 2018 08:25

I too am sorry to hear about Mugs and also ashamed I did not check the forum often enough to see this and emotional about the talented and wonderful people we are losing. The trouble is we are getting older each day and the end looms nearer all the time *sigh*. I just played Alcatraz and had to stop every so often as I became misty at the loss of this wonderful, creative and talented individual.