Moderator: Marksdad

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Tomb Raider Suite - The Album - Kickstarter

Post by DJ Full » 23 Jun 2017 23:43

Jorge22 wrote:
23 Jun 2017 21:24
it would have been equally cool of Nathan to have found the means for his project to be funded by [name them here, but I'm certain it wouldn't be that hard] instead of classic TR fans who must struggle. ;)
I think it's a disgrace he even had to ask anybody for money. Dammit, he's the freaking ROOT of everything. He should get it funded by Crystal Dynamics because they own him at least half of their success. Instead, they make people forget about classic Lara so not only we had to struggle but we also lost many contributions from fans who would have backed the project but never had a chance to know what real TR is.

Now picture the same ported into the movie industry: let's say Disney takes over Star Wars but decides to backlash the original trilogy, and as a result John Williams has to ask the fans for the funds to rescore his original Star Wars soundtrack. We live in a world where no matter who you are, no matter how great contribution you did, no matter how many lives you saved, there's always some greedy bastard who wants to **** you up.

Recently, I read a comment on youtube which said: "I don't like the reboot Lara, I prefer the classic Underworld one". This sums it up. I presume after the "Shadow of Tomb Raider" they will close the thread of reboot Lara, forming a new trilogy, to stand in opposition to LAU, so the discussion between classic TR and Crystal TR is substituted with the discussion between the first Crystal trilogy and new crystal trilogy. Next in order, there will come ONE MORE reboot, and our dear old Lara is completely erased from memory of modern gamers. I hope... I really hope I'm wrong.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Jun 2017 23:49

It may well be that we're getting old... :santa2:

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 24 Jun 2017 00:10

For a second I was worried it might not reach its goal in time, but I'm so glad this project is happening! November will be a good month. :2thumbsup:

thestig

Post by thestig » 24 Jun 2017 01:59

Well I couldnt resist!

The goal may have been reached but there's still stretch goals for the project so I put together another fan trailer for them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlA8ypKm9Y

I'm rather enjoying learning how to use premier again! :D

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 24 Jun 2017 09:47

DJ Full wrote:
23 Jun 2017 23:43
Recently, I read a comment on youtube which said: "I don't like the reboot Lara, I prefer the classic Underworld one".
Well, I am not sure if I should cry or laugh on this one :? The world nowadays is very different, I mean of course it`s changing, that`s how it is supposed to be, it`s always been like that, but currently somehow it is leading into wrong direction, not to bring up any of the political system, employment abuse or conspiracy theories, just taking one example to contemplate: video game controls...
Just Tomb Raider alone, look how the controls are of a total mess in those modern releases... In classic TR you are the one who controls Lara, you decide when and which move to use, you control every step and move while in those modern ones you press one button and Lara does everything for you, when jumping over a pit you don`t have to do anything just press the button and she will jump, grab and climb up, and this system is implemented in these modern video games , pressing one button and engine will do countless combo-strikes for you... So who controls who? player controls engine or engine controls player? Is that supposed to be a future? AI taking control over people?
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Jun 2017 15:14

Hmm... I really don't think AI (namely TR's AI) controls me. A lot of factors do control me more than desired, namely politics, economics and other people in general. But not the game's AI.
I don't like it, so I don't play it. Simples.

On of the few good things about our current epoch is you have a really wide choice. :)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 26 Jun 2017 14:58

Been holding back posting this to not stir up a big discussion, but after all I do think I want to react to some of the posts made above:

In principle, I can agree that this project really should have been possible simply via full backing from the publishers, but the point you are overlooking is that maybe the campaign was not strictly "necessary", but actually an intended design to make this project a "project of the community" - instead of a corporately funded "we-throw-a-CD-on-the-market-to-make-some-more-money-for-our-profit"-project.

You need to realize how closely engaged Square Enix & Crystal actually are with these efforts here. It was them who made the concert possible in December (financially and logistically that is - obviously Nathan created the music ;) ) and I am pretty sure that they are one of the Sponsors as well in this project and my guess is that they are going to be the ones paying for the Buffet Receptions (location and food etc) and probably also for the travel cost of Nathan, Shelley and the Lara Models going to those places etc...

So, the key point is rather that we now have 2600+ people feeling mighty proud of being an integral part of this effort. As in: Really having a very personal bond and share in the project, which is worth so much more than the actual amount of money the individuals have chosen to invest. Sure, some may have done it purely for the "rewards", but my guess is that this is rather a minority. After all, you can probably buy the CD cheaper later on when it is out there on the market... ;)

I, for one, cannot wait for more news about how the 4 recording sessions will go and very much look forward to November when the final product should come out... :)

thestig

Post by thestig » 26 Jun 2017 16:23

I am in 100% agreement with you Michael
MichaelP wrote:
26 Jun 2017 14:58
Been holding back posting this to not stir up a big discussion, but after all I do think I want to react to some of the posts made above:

In principle, I can agree that this project really should have been possible simply via full backing from the publishers, but the point you are overlooking is that maybe the campaign was not strictly "necessary", but actually an intended design to make this project a "project of the community" - instead of a corporately funded "we-throw-a-CD-on-the-market-to-make-some-more-money-for-our-profit"-project.

You need to realize how closely engaged Square Enix & Crystal actually are with these efforts here. It was them who made the concert possible in December (financially and logistically that is - obviously Nathan created the music ;) ) and I am pretty sure that they are one of the Sponsors as well in this project and my guess is that they are going to be the ones paying for the Buffet Receptions (location and food etc) and probably also for the travel cost of Nathan, Shelley and the Lara Models going to those places etc...

So, the key point is rather that we now have 2600+ people feeling mighty proud of being an integral part of this effort. As in: Really having a very personal bond and share in the project, which is worth so much more than the actual amount of money the individuals have chosen to invest. Sure, some may have done it purely for the "rewards", but my guess is that this is rather a minority. After all, you can probably buy the CD cheaper later on when it is out there on the market... ;)

I, for one, cannot wait for more news about how the 4 recording sessions will go and very much look forward to November when the final product should come out... :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jun 2017 21:09

I do understand. It's alright, it won't stir up any kind of discussion on my side. :)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 30 Jun 2017 10:51

MichaelP wrote:
26 Jun 2017 14:58
You need to realize how closely engaged Square Enix & Crystal actually are with these efforts here.
That's still very bittersweet. I cannot feel otherwise. It's great Nathan does it, but it could have happened a decade ago if Core wasn't destroyed and their Anniversary suppressed. When you say Crystal backed the event, I'm even more unsure: is it a real treat, or a trick to make me forget how much more they took? When you mention the TR panel all I remember is Murti feel "vindicated" for AOD. This is the true scope of damage: he felt guilty for freaking 14 years. No money will ever redeem this. There's only one way, which is re-enabling the AOD trilogy, and Core's Anniversary. Would Square or Crystal support this? As soon as they do I will forget everything. As simple as that.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 30 Jun 2017 20:26

Is anybody from this community going to take an attend to the Composer Buffet Reception? :D
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 16 Jan 2018 15:22

Not unexpectedly the whole schedule has moved quite a bit, but for those who have not been closely following the campaign, now is a good time to get updated on what is going on....

Have a look at the relaunched tombraidersuite.com Website and very specifically I would encourage you to ...

a) read the memoirs written by our "very own" Stiggy, who was one of the chosen few to attend the Abbey Road recording session and ...

b) check out that fantastic venue they have picked for the London buffet reception, which will be on April 28 - a few days ahead of the official CD release date (May 1) ... looking forward to meeting some of you there - tickets can be bought via the website by the way ;)

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 15 Oct 2018 00:33

They are headed Down Under. :D The Sydney Opera House and Hamer Hall 100 St Kilda Rd, Southbank VIC 3004, Australia. No dates confirmed yet but I discussed with Cheryl and we will drive the 9 hours back to Melbourne for this. So excited.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 23 Oct 2018 10:54

Yesterday at Classic FM.... :D

Tomb Raider Theme - World Premier Airplay

Digital Album officially out this Friday - find it at www.tombraidersuite.com

Gerty
Mod
Mod