Tomb Raider Suite - The Album - Kickstarter

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

thestig

Tomb Raider Suite - The Album - Kickstarter

Post by thestig » 26 May 2017 09:25

Hi folks

I know some of you were fortunate enough like me to attend the Tomb Raider Live in Concert event at the Apollo in December last year. It was an absolutely amazing night and a dream to hear the original game's themes orchestrated live.

Nathan McCree has launched a kick-starter campaign to get an recording done of those those same tracks at Abbey Road Studios in London.

There's a website dedicated to the project with a link to the kick-starter
http://www.tombraidersuite.com/

From playing both the original games, and some of the fantastic custom levels on here over the years, music really does add a key piece to the experience.

Anyway hopefully some of you will, like me be up for supporting this project.

Cheers

Stiggy :)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Tomb Raider Suite - The Album - Kickstarter

Post by MichaelP » 26 May 2017 13:03

It was indeed a fantastic experience being at the concert last December and I can only encourage all the true Tombraider Fans here - ie all of YOU :D - to go and support the campaign RIGHT NOW! (it ends in 4 weeks, so do not procrastinate ;) ) - every small amount counts, so click the link right now and pledge!

The rewards are great too, so you even get something back on top of the pure good feeling of supporting a great cause :)
Wish I could afford being one of the (limited to 6) sponsors, but at least I have just chosen to be one of the (limited to 100) "Atleantean Scion" backers... I really hope this comes through. A little over 10% achieved at the time of writing this (18111 GBP of the 160.000 GBP Goal)...

"...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ider-suite
You can also login using your Facebook account. You can also make a pledge as a guest.

Please note: the Kickstarter website only allows one pledge per login. To allow for this we have created bundles to help you pledge for a variety of items. If you want an extra copy or want a different pledge item you can do this by using an alternative email address. This can’t be helped unfortunately. It’s just the way the Kickstarter site works. You will also see a cost for p&p in addition to your pledge value. These costs are actual calculated costs.

Here’s to a fantastic successful campaign.

Will Burns
Communications Manager, tombraidersuite.com

Please see below for more information.

JOIN US on the KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
for the STUDIO RECORDING of
NATHAN McCREE's INCREDIBLE TOMB RAIDER MUSIC
Friday 26th May 2017

THE TOMB RAIDER SUITE
When Nathan McCree wrote the extraordinary and iconic music for the first three Tomb Raider games between 1996 and 1998, it was recorded using the synthesizers available at the time. But for 20 years he dreamt of hearing his music performed by a full orchestra and choir and with the 20th Anniversary of the release of Tomb Raider in 2016, the timing was perfect to realise his dream.

TOMB RAIDER: LIVE IN CONCERT
On Sunday 18th December, 2016, The Tomb Raider Suite received its World Premiere in London. Performed live by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and the City of London Choir, it received a standing ovation from the nearly 2,000 fans who attended the concert. It was an unmitigated success and the final event in the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary celebrations.

OUR GOAL
Our goal is to do a studio recording of The Tomb Raider Suite with one of England's leading orchestras in England's most famous recording studios, Abbey Road in London.

Now that Nathan's themes and cues from the first three games have been fully orchestrated for a 76-piece orchestra and 20-voice choir, it is ready to be recorded to the highest standard. We are aiming for a release in the Fall of 2017.

This is a unique opportunity for all of us Tomb Raider fans to finally own and hear a world-class recording of the music as Nathan McCree had always intended it.

THE KICKSTARTER WEBSITE
http://tombraidersuite.com/

THE KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO
See website, or here on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWD6mtI-DWw

POST-SHOW PROMOTION VIDEO "In The Blood"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB1NUY3ONsk&t=3s

Kickstarter campaign kicking off
Friday 26th May 2017
"

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 26 May 2017 15:38

MichaelP wrote:
26 May 2017 13:03
A little over 10% achieved at the time of writing this (18111 GBP of the 160.000 GBP Goal)...
This looks like a great headstart (have no experience whatsoever with Kickstarter), I can only hope it keeps this momentum. :)

thestig

Post by thestig » 26 May 2017 21:08

MichaelP wrote:
26 May 2017 13:03
It was indeed a fantastic experience being at the concert last December and I can only encourage all the true Tombraider Fans here - ie all of YOU :D - to go and support the campaign RIGHT NOW! (it ends in 4 weeks, so do not procrastinate ;) ) - every small amount counts, so click the link right now and pledge!
Yes indeed it was! I took a close friend with me, and I could see him watching the emotions run through me during the night I was going to suggest you add a link to the campaign on the main TRLE home-page but when I got back home from work I could see you'd done it already! :D

Honestly folks, I cannot explain how amazing it was to hear these tracks done with a real orchestra. Some of the new pieces written for the Suite are absolutely beautiful, Especially 'In the Blood' based on the TR3 themes. 6 months later the impact and emotion of the night still resonates with me, so I backed it at the Atleantean Scion level!

If you can support this (on any level no matter how big or small), please do!

Thanks Stiggy

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 28 May 2017 15:30

Yesterday, I was wondering for a brief moment, whether this community could pull it off and pledge for the 7500 as a group to make trle.net one of the 6 sponsors, but then I told myself: "Nah, probably not. After all, 20+ years in, the passion has worn off with most and only a select few are left who really would jump at supporting such a cause... And if I would assume people could even pledge as high as an average 100 GBP, then we would still need 75 contributors and I am not even sure we have as many regular active visiutors here, right?..."

Then again? Maybe I am wrong... :D

So, here is my offer / challenge to the community:
If we get enough people here in this thread (or via a PM to me) to commit to pledge a total of 5000 GBP by June 10, then I will "round it up" to the 7500
We will make trle.net a Sponsor and the 5x CD, 5x Vinyl and 5x Buffet Reception rewards will then go into a lucky draw among the contributors (which I will run as a "weighted" draw, ie the higher your contribution, the higher your chances to be one of the winners ;)

I could see a few 'usual suspects' who have already pledged in the Kickstarter site (Matie, Jackie, Liz, Mike, ... ), so if you would consider "shifting" your pledge into this community pledge, just let me know via PM as well.

To be clear - at this time, I am primarily checking interest & passion in this community to do this, so no firm commitments yet if you step up. Should we actually hit the 5000, then I will comeback and check whether you are really, really in and let you know how to best get the money to me...

And now I will sit back very curiously to see what happens :D

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 28 May 2017 15:37

some more info shared by Will...

"Please Note: We want to be sure everyone understands that the artwork for the double CD, double Deluxe CD and double Vinyl Record have all been designed exclusively for our Kickstarter campaign. These items will be unique and we believe collectible and treasured. They will not be available using these designs again.

Please also note: The posters are A3 in size. There are 2 versions: Red and Blue. You will be able to choose which version you want at fulfillment time.
"

And a few pics from the concert...

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS1.jpg

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS2.jpg

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS3.jpg

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS4.jpg

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS5.jpg

http://www.trle.net/images/TRS6.jpg

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 28 May 2017 18:15

MichaelP wrote:
28 May 2017 15:30
So, here is my offer / challenge to the community:
If we get enough people here in this thread (or via a PM to me) to commit to pledge a total of 5000 GBP by June 10, then I will "round it up" to the 7500
I`d like to contribute to this TRSuite anyway, so that if we can make it possible to contribute as a trle-community to collect a total amount of £5000 then I can put like £40-50, otherwise I`ll contribute the amount as a single person :)
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 28 May 2017 21:31

I have already made a 75 (turned 94 due to S&H) pounds pledge, but if this idea gathers enough interest to reach a patron pledge I guess I could PayPal you an additional 30 or so pounds for this end. My problem right now (well, for the past dozen years actually) is that Brazil is rooted in a never ending corruption crisis, so economy is terribly affected by that and as a result, the currency conversion is the worst I've ever seen. I've been saving some money for this occasion since the beginning of the year when we learned it was going to be a Kickstarter, and much to my dismay it is based on GBP instead of USD lol.

Anyway, add my name to your trle.net patron spreadsheet - £30. :)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 29 May 2017 10:03

LOL, you know me too well, Lucas - so yes, I will be starting a spreadsheet for this, but only when we actually get to have a real "list" to track... for now it looks my assumptions are being proven right and we only have a select few who "care" enough for this music to invest and support, but hey it has only been a day yet, so not yet giving up all hope... :D

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 29 May 2017 10:11

MichaelP wrote:
28 May 2017 15:30
I could see a few 'usual suspects' who have already pledged in the Kickstarter site (Matie, Jackie, Liz, Mike, ... ), so if you would consider "shifting" your pledge into this community pledge, just let me know via PM as well.
Of course, I'd love to contribute towards a community pledge! PM sent :)

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 29 May 2017 10:39

Well, this music is so hauntingly beautiful, I'd like to offer some support too. Put me down for £100, Boss.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 29 May 2017 11:00

A cunning piece of emotional bribery from you there,Michael. :D
Ok, I'm good for £50.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 29 May 2017 11:20

You can put me down for £ 50 as well, Boss. :D

Just let me know how and when I have to transfer the money.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Tombraider95

Post by Tombraider95 » 29 May 2017 15:28

I've already gave £50 on kickstarter for the "Flare" pack, but put me down for another £50 for this :D

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 29 May 2017 15:36

I'm pledging $50 (no idea what that works out to pound-wise so the contribution may be more or less), will have to enlist the help of my nephew (I'll be seeing him this weekend so I will talk to him about it) to get this executed so keep me posted on when the money is due. :D
Of doggie candle fame!