Struggling With a Level.

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Struggling With a Level.

Post by High Priestess » 14 Apr 2017 10:57

I'm really struggling with a TR:LE download (Airport/ROC). I even have the visual YouTube walkthru but it is so hard. I have done both Mexico and Venice and am now totally stuck on a corner jump in China.

If I trawl through the old threads, it is likely that any uploaded savegames will no longer work. I didn't want to ressurect an old thread either. Are there any Raiders who could just do the jump if I give my savegame? This is a beauty of a level-set and it seems a shame to quit now after so many successes!!

I can't review it otherwise and I really want to review this. Thanks.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Struggling With a Level.

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 11:31

Please, remind me what ROC is. It isn't one of those levels by Nadine that are no longer available, right? Hmm, no it can't be because you say you want to review it. I really think I remember that, the airport and all that but that's as far as I can go. So, what's ROC?
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 14 Apr 2017 12:04

@Jorge
ROC stands for Reign of Chaos, a series of levels taking place in Mexico, Venice, China, Cordoba and Alnwick/Hellforge. Nadine was one of the builders involved, but Agnes, illyaine and karlo002 also participated. :) ROC is available on trle.net, but if you want Nadine's levels, you will need to go to the Hungarian site and put them together the old fashioned way.
Last edited by Ryan on 14 Apr 2017 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 14 Apr 2017 12:50

I have not played said level yet but I'm willing to give it a try for you. It might have been better to revive an old thread in the Stuck forums instead, that way if someone else has the same situation they can still refer to your post. :)

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 14 Apr 2017 13:11

Ryan wrote:
14 Apr 2017 12:04
@Jorge
ROC stands for Reign of Chaos, a series of levels taking place in Mexico, Venice, China and Alnwick/Hellforge. Nadine was one of the builders involved, but Agnes, illyaine and karlo002 also participated. :) ROC is available on trle.net, but if you want Nadine's levels, you will need to go to the Hungarian site and put them together the old fashioned way.
You've forgotten my own country. ;)

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 14 Apr 2017 13:23

So I have. :lol: Previous post edited to include Cordoba. :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 15:29

Ok. So, which locations haven't been created by Nadine and which have? And am I able to play the game without going through Nadine's levels? And hasn't Illyaine blocked the access to his levels too?
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 14 Apr 2017 15:41

Nadine's levels are the Cordoba and Natla's Hideout/Hellforge sections only. You can play the game without Nadine's levels (the version available on trle.net), in that case, the game goes back to the main menu after China. All of Nadine's and illyaine's levels are available on the Hungarian site (after they released them, they have been made public for the most part).

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Apr 2017 18:12

You really MUST post your savegame at that corner to know where you are (there are multiple corners in the China level). The savegames from the full version 7 years ago seem to work in the current TRLE.NET version (I just check part of the China level).

The Hungarian site should still have the full version (your current savegames will probably work since you are before Nadine's level), and the full version is so much better. There ARE glitches with the saves and gameplay in the crippled trle.net version where Nadine's levels were deleted.

There are 3 different English-language text walthroughs: trle.net, Dutchy's website, and Obig's Hungarian site. The way the game is played is different in all three walkthroughs. Obig provided savegames with his complete game walkthrough (English version). I have not checked today to see if that walkthrough is still there (I downloaded my copy 5 years ago). Ignore any virus program blocking of Treditor.hu (Obig's site). There are no viruses on his site, but the way he stores the customlevels (Different than trle.net) triggers the virus warning which is due to the levels by Talos, and a few others.

I really don't know why the levels by Nadine and Illyaine were deleted, but the feud among trle.net, the levelbase, Nadine and Illyaine was for some reason which I am unaware of (I was not browsing trle.net at that time).

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Apr 2017 19:04

Nadine was upset because there were people in levels probably nobody can name anymore who used objects she'd created without asking for permission. Illyaine, I can't recall exactly. He changed his name (once? twice?) and for whatever reason decided he'd be the only one to host his games... I think. I actually think I once downloaded a game from his site, which may or may not still exist, but I'm not 100% certain.
It didn't seem to be a feud (Nadine was even active in other ways after that). It was just a shame as these were two important losses to the "open" custom level world. There were other major losses along the way too. But I guess that's just the way it is: things are impermanent etc.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Apr 2017 20:19

I can't upload the savegame. There is no option?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Apr 2017 20:29

You need to post the savegame in the Stuck in a Custom Level forum. I used the search feature and there is no existing thread for the China level of Reign of Chaos (ROC)--only the Cordoba level.

Create a new thread for "Reign of Chaos - China" and post your savegame asking for help since you are stuck. Good luck.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Apr 2017 20:35

Treeble wrote:
14 Apr 2017 12:50
I have not played said level yet but I'm willing to give it a try for you. It might have been better to revive an old thread in the Stuck forums instead, that way if someone else has the same situation they can still refer to your post. :)
Hello Treeble. It's Lo here from Eidos :D It's hard to get the right thread since this forum is a bit too specific in the search facility. If I can work out how to upload a savegame (the procedure is no longer straightforward unless I'm blind), I will let you loose - cheers! :angel:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Apr 2017 20:36

TombTitan wrote:
14 Apr 2017 20:29
You need to post the savegame in the Stuck in a Custom Level forum. I used the search feature and there is no existing thread for the China level of Reign of Chaos (ROC)--only the Cordoba level.

Create a new thread for "Reign of Chaos - China" and post your savegame asking for help since you are stuck. Good luck.
Thank you for that. I really appreciate it 8)

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 14 Apr 2017 20:41

High Priestess wrote:
14 Apr 2017 20:35
Hello Treeble. It's Lo here from Eidos :D It's hard to get the right thread since this forum is a bit too specific in the search facility. If I can work out how to upload a savegame (the procedure is no longer straightforward unless I'm blind), I will let you loose - cheers! :angel:
I remember you, and I'm glad you remember me too. :)

Will keep an eye out for your topic on the Stuck in a Custom Level section.