Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: The Madness of March

Post by Ryan » 07 Mar 2017 00:29

mugs wrote:
07 Mar 2017 00:13
you go girl!
Ditto! :2thumbsup:
"I've been hearing symphonies, before all I heard was silence".

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 15 Mar 2017 17:51

Thanks Pat and Ryan!

My first week at work is going well so far, it's pretty exciting! I'm going to study how to build my own computer. And there is nothing like Beltway driving... :D
The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 15 Mar 2017 17:57

been a passenger on the beltway once/twice in my life back in the 70's and it was enough to last me a lifetime. can't even begin to imagine what it's like 40 some odd years later.
Of doggie candle fame!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 20 Mar 2017 16:27

Just a thank you to those people who are working on TRSearch - this is one of those archives that is so important to us all! The link is now restored.
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 22 Mar 2017 03:29

Fluen wrote:
21 Oct 2016 11:35
I'm still waiting for Tedium.
Hahaha, folks, it's 4 AM but I have to announce: I've just FOUND the files of Tedium. I was completely sure they're all gone, I both can't believe and find it not surprising at all they were so close all the time and I have no idea how I overlooked them :D :D

I wasn't so happy since years, losing that stuff was when things began to turn into crap and now at least a part of it will be fixed - with my current knowledge it's a piece of cake to put the fragments together. Fluen? FLUEN? Are you here? You are the one who rang a bell to search one more time, so the whole thing will be dedicated to you.

PREPARE! The worst* day in TRLE community is imminent! The inevitable doom is reaching for you with its buggy fingers! The most devastating experience of TRNG era is coming, a separate credit to Paolone for extending the limits and enabling so many creative ways to annoy players.

*If it goes good I will have both my best and worst release ready on the same day :)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 22 Mar 2017 12:00

Let's see how your level will turn out, DJ Full!

@Pat

Growing up learning how to drive in the DC area is a challenge, but ever since I felt comfortable driving on the Beltway (2 years ago), I get a thrill out of driving on it. Things do move quickly there, especially lane-changing.

Well, I have been getting 40 hours per week at the computer store because there is a lot of work that needs to be done (a lot more than the 10 hours initially mentioned). It's fast-paced, and I'm successful. It's hard work, and it'll make me a better worker.

I have a job interview in hydrogeology this coming Tuesday in Baltimore (another agency, and permanent).

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 22 Mar 2017 12:55

@Hits
Good luck on the job interview. I'm rooting for you! :2thumbsup:

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 22 Mar 2017 20:57

mugs wrote:
20 Mar 2017 16:27
Just a thank you to those people who are working on TRSearch - this is one of those archives that is so important to us all! The link is now restored.
:2thumbsup: Looking very good and thanks a lot for all the work that has been done.
Oops, I did it again... Image

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 22 Mar 2017 21:06

@Hits - good luck with the interview, dearheart!
Of doggie candle fame!

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 23 Mar 2017 02:44

I almost forgot to share the news here - I got engaged over the weekend :) My boyfriend decided to have the ring hidden in an "escape the room" we did with our family. It was quite the surprise! We plan on getting married sometime next year, and now comes the fun of wedding planning :-o

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 23 Mar 2017 08:50

Wow, congratulations! That's great news. I'm thrilled for you, Jesse! :2thumbsup:

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 23 Mar 2017 23:48

Jesse, so happy for you and what a unique way to receive it!

I have one word of advice:
don't let anything get you down...no "perfect day" is 100% perfect so just enjoy and let the problems just slide away...
and that includes the planning, it will all work out....:)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 28 Mar 2017 21:14

Congratulations Jesse! :)

Well, the interview had some great moments, but I realized I didn't dig deep enough into my experiences to make it even better.

It was interesting going through Baltimore City though (I volunteered in the Baltimore suburbs before, which culturally is similar to Baltimore City, but in terms of safety, it's different), it definitely is a different culture from DC. In that sense, I felt like I did well. I also think that living in a small town helped me feel more rooted in the face of big cities. If I do get this job, I see how Baltimore can instill a sense of heritage in me, it was amazing to see how geology, hydrology and history were linked in the exhibits of the office I went to today. And then, sports are a big, big deal there (Ravens and Orioles). While candid and deep relationships with healthy boundaries were accepted and encouraged in Idaho, in Baltimore, I think gritty, subdued authenticity is the way to go. As far as DC is concerned, politics is a frequent topic, but the current work culture I'm in right now focuses more on how ambitious people want to be, or how they manage their lives because of the demands of the workplace (it requires a lot of commitment, but the rewards are great). Learning a language or two helps too (I have to use French and Spanish a few times a week).

However, I am being actively considered for three seasonal positions (two in Idaho, one in South Dakota) with the federal government (seasonal jobs are exempt from the hiring freeze). Interviews are not required for those. ^^

And then, at the computer store I work at, I'm actually leading sales on some days! I never thought I could be number one at something! :-o I knew I could do well, but this is a new level of excellence I did not expect!

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 28 Mar 2017 21:29

Way to go, Hits! I'm glad things worked themselves out for you. It's all about having perseverance. Trust me, I feel much better now I've realised that. Well done! :2thumbsup:

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 29 Mar 2017 23:36

DJ Full wrote:
22 Mar 2017 03:29
Hahaha, folks, it's 4 AM but I have to announce: I've just FOUND the files of Tedium. I was completely sure they're all gone, I both can't believe and find it not surprising at all they were so close all the time and I have no idea how I overlooked them :D :D

PREPARE! The worst* day in TRLE community is imminent! The inevitable doom is reaching for you with its buggy fingers! The most devastating experience of TRNG era is coming, a separate credit to Paolone for extending the limits and enabling so many creative ways to annoy players.
So Tedium was so boring, even your computer had a breakdown and tried to forget about it?