YOUR HELP please to spot errors...

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

YOUR HELP please to spot errors...

Post by MichaelP » 23 Feb 2017 12:44

By now most of the core elements of trle.net should be back online, but I still have a fairly long list of "small" things to address that will keep me busy in the coming weeks.

As you may have noticed, what you see now is dated Feb 13, 2017, which was the date of the backup made from which I have been restoring.

What I need from you now:
#1 Re-submit anything you may have posted between Feb 13 and now (walks, posts, reviews etc) as this has been lost and cannot be recovered...
#2 If you find an error or a Problem anywhere on the site, PLEASE REPORT IT by POSTING HERE in this thread, so I can add it to my list

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

List of things to look into:
1. Bring back lost walkthroughs - done
2. Bring back lost screenshots - done
3. Spoiler function - now fixed but people need to use <spoiler> </spoiler> tags now (with the other brackets [ ])
4. trsearch down - unrelated with trle hack; site had problem due to hoster updating php versions and is now being moved to be hosted at aspidetr
5. Links in Profile - indeed, works as designed, only usernames to be added here
6. Lara Travel Europe map - Need to fix, has to do with JavaScript Version not working on new Server?
7. char set issues leading to "question mark Diamonds" in Review texts
8. Gallery not working (personal Website issue)
9. blog not working (personal Website issue) - fixed by simply removing the outdated blog
10. generally Need to go through and Review all php scripts and store a "clean" Version -done
11. Fix BtB Upload ftp - done
12. email notification for received PMs not working - likely related to me switching off servers sendmail feature to contain the hack sending SPAM as it is contained now, but still not fully removed :(
Last edited by MichaelP on 07 Mar 2017 14:13, edited 9 times in total.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: YOUR HELP please to spot errors...

Post by Ryan » 23 Feb 2017 13:09

No problem, Michael. I'm sending a few re-submitted reviews your way momentarily. I may not be able to submit all of the previous ones I had, but I will send most of them. I'll let you know of any issues. :)

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 23 Feb 2017 13:18

I have noticed one slight issue. I was glancing over my review for Stone of Immortality and I noticed that a few of the older reviews have black diamond shapes on a few lines (although that may just be an internal error). Just thought I'd let you know.
Last edited by Ryan on 23 Feb 2017 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Feb 2017 13:35

Those little vertical bars representing bold, italic../quote.. Etc above the post field, will they get icons later? I can understand you had quite busy days, great work Michael. Thanks for getting the forum back up so quickly :2thumbsup:

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 23 Feb 2017 14:00

The diamonds are an issue with the character set (Special characters not being properly recognized) - noted, but will take me time to see if I can fix

The missing Icon are an issue with the forum style - noted, but will take me time to see if I can fix

The Raven

Post by The Raven » 23 Feb 2017 14:36

It's good to see trle back online, Thank you Michael! I hope everything is fine :2thumbsup:
I'll report every issue I find!
Tomb Raider: Amulet Of Nefertiti
Level 1:45% completed
Level 2:0% completed
Level 3:0% completed
I will finish this, one day :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Feb 2017 15:03

Do I like the new looks? Don't I? Do I like the fact that I can't see any bold, italic and underlined options?
:thinking2:

Needless to say I was shocked by the hacking/recovery announcement and all that. I can certainly imagine a world without trle but I'd rather it'd be for my great-grandsons' days when they're able to teleport themselves to our days and play some levels if they wish. :D

Hmm... My *The Hike* review is gone, so I guess I'll have to say fare you well unless I get really bored and decide to rewrite something more or less similar. But maybe that's for the best as I liked the builder's attitude when he finally came here. :)

Anyway, most of all a huge thank you to Michael for not letting trle go down. :2thumbsup: Thank you indeed and death to hackers. :toilet:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 23 Feb 2017 15:42

Wow the recovery was much faster than any of us hoped for :2thumbsup:

Maybe I just can't find it, but it looks like we can't choose forum "theme" anymore.There is only this light-blue background now.
Hallowed Be Thy Game

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 23 Feb 2017 16:53

Oh yay, trle.net is back! :2thumbsup:
Tolle87 wrote:
23 Feb 2017 15:42
Maybe I just can't find it, but it looks like we can't choose forum "theme" anymore.There is only this light-blue background now.
Yeah, I hope that a variety of themes will be available again sometime (I miss my subsilver theme :( ). Obviously it's not a priority now, though. :)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Feb 2017 17:28

not an error, just a question: notification of personal mail - am I not seeing it? do I need to initiate a notification somehow?
Of doggie candle fame!

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 23 Feb 2017 18:20

As for styles, I have now learned that there is no easy, automated way to convert a custom style to the new board version 3.2, so the good old trle.net style once designed by Nadine has to rest in peace now.

As I also did not like the Standard blue pro silver style all that much, I have now chosen to install this new default style to stay with the "green" theme of the site. I actually like the clarity of its looks.

Having said that, I will look out for other 3.2 styles that can be installed here, so people get a personal choice. If you have any specific requests, let me know and maybe provide a link to the style download page :) (Needs to be a style that works for phpBB3.2.x)

Pat, not fully sure what you mean. There is a notification "bell" on the top right corner now. Is that what you were after?

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 23 Feb 2017 18:28

MichaelP wrote:
23 Feb 2017 12:44

#1 Re-submit anything you may have posted between Feb 13 and now (walks, posts, reviews etc) as this has been lost and cannot be recovered...

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.
Can i resubmit the video walkthroughs i sent you a few days ago?

Also can i also change my forum name to JoeTheCrazyGamer (Like i use for my reviews or is this not possible)
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Feb 2017 19:03

@Michael - yes, that bell is what I was looking for - happy to have the green style. Thank you!
Of doggie candle fame!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Feb 2017 19:05

The name of the one posting is rather small, the avatar space on the right is rather large?

Starting to look like something again Michael, posting images is a thing of beauty on this board :2thumbsup:

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 23 Feb 2017 20:51

I've been looking for ages for an issue, and i'm not sure if this necessarily is an issue but Why is there a drop down box next to all the moderators and Admin people.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."