No September thread?

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

larabiker301

No September thread?

Post by larabiker301 » 28 Sep 2015 11:21

Well, I for one couldn't see one. Was strange especially since we've just about had a
thread dedicated to every month.
Since it's just a tad too late to talk about the month
of September, we could reminisce on the month's events instead.
For starters, this month has been weird indeed. It was hot...and not Summer transitioning into
Autumn hot. It was Summer has overstayed its humid and annoying welcome and should pack its
bags immediately.
Luckily, it's promised to rain over here on the East Coast of America to relieve us
of our very dry September.
How about everyone else's September? :)
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Re: No September thread?

Post by avmaster » 28 Sep 2015 11:46

A month with lots of work for me. Had some trouble with dsl hardware because my dsl modem became out of order. I had been forced to buy new hardware, the so called Fritz Box(http://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-3490/). And I decided to buy a new PC with Windows 10. I bought an https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JT/. Since one week the Octoberfest is running in Munich. Furthermore I was forced to check clothing stores for new clothes because the old clothes became too small lol. That`s enough for one month lol. After all this had been done I decided to take a break because I needed time to relax.
For the next weeks there is a server move scheduled for all Lotro online players. Some old servers will be closed. Therefore the players must transfer the chars onto the new servers. Hopefully this will work without trouble or the time and work to level all my 6 chars would be worth nothing. More and more refugees come to Germany. Even in my Village tents have been built and sometimes refugees ring my bell and ask for money.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 28 Sep 2015 15:29

hey, all :)
September is always good in central Fl.
We know it's Fall, not by the calendar but by the selling of Pumpkin Spice - coffee shops, doughnut shops even candles.....and, of course, the weather is just a bit cooler.
We love September here!

av...the refugee influx is now being called an invasion and it's a very real concern to all and it seems obvious it will have far-reaching, world-wide repercussions and that's all I'll say about that - this isn't a political forum :)

On a brighter note: what do you think of Windows 10?
Haven't got it yet - I just have to remember not to dither too long as I do not want to pay for it!!!
Congratz on the new PC....always a fun thing. :wink:

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 28 Sep 2015 19:54

Hm, pumpkin spice. There's definitely a craze over here for it but I've actually
never tried it before. I may just to be "part of the crowd."
As for Windows 10, well...it's not the greatest. I'm pretty
tech savvy and I couldn't even find the Start menu let alone
my calculator. Everything just seems to have been moved around.
More and more refugees come to Germany. Even in my Village tents have been built and sometimes refugees ring my bell and ask for money.
Refugee meaning they've escaped from somewhere; I haven't been following recent
international news lately but, I do hope that they're able to settle down somewhere.
-Paul Valery

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Sep 2015 20:26

I'd forgotten all about the monthly threads! Well, it's almost over but I hope your September was ok. :)

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 29 Sep 2015 11:35

For me Windows 10 has functions I don`t need at the moment. Maybe they will be useful in the future but I needed Windows 10 because 16 GB RAM can`t be used with Windows XP. The Mail program of Windows 10 is not bad but it seems to have some trouble with the Yahoo account. I can send and receive Mails with it from all my Mail accounts but sometimes checking the Yahoo account takes more time compared with Outlook Express which I use in Windows XP. Looking at the settings I noticed the Yahoo password isn`t saved and I don`t know how to fix this problem. Cortana is more fun than useful if you ask me. Haven`t looked at all the tools of Windows 10. For the moment I can say MS Word and Excel and Lotro run fine. Playing Tombraider under Windows 10 is something I haven`t tried until now. Time will show if Tombraider Customlevels work under Windows 10.
Da Master

ImageImage

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Sep 2015 16:25

avmaster wrote: Since one week the Octoberfest is running in Munich. Furthermore I was forced to check clothing stores for new clothes because the old clothes became too small lol.
must be all that beer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 29 Sep 2015 21:36

avmaster wrote:For me Windows 10 has functions I don`t need at the moment. Looking at the settings I noticed the Yahoo password isn`t saved and I don`t know how to fix this problem.
Probably another forced down your throat safety measure by MS, no more saved passwords, you have to type them every time you log in. For your own good they say
Don't worry, the start button will be back in the W10.1 update like with W8 :lol:
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 29 Sep 2015 22:59

Windows 10 thought they were doing us a service. You know it's bad when you don't even
know how to operate your own computer.
-Paul Valery

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 30 Sep 2015 20:24

vimmers wrote:
avmaster wrote: Since one week the Octoberfest is running in Munich. Furthermore I was forced to check clothing stores for new clothes because the old clothes became too small lol.
must be all that beer :lol: :lol: :lol:

beer is not only drunken during the Octoberfest :lol: :lol: , it is a tradition in Bavaria :D . On Octoberfest only beer from Munich breweries is sold.
Last edited by avmaster on 30 Sep 2015 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Da Master

ImageImage

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 30 Sep 2015 20:25

Dutchy wrote:
avmaster wrote:For me Windows 10 has functions I don`t need at the moment. Looking at the settings I noticed the Yahoo password isn`t saved and I don`t know how to fix this problem.
Probably another forced down your throat safety measure by MS, no more saved passwords, you have to type them every time you log in. For your own good they say
Don't worry, the start button will be back in the W10.1 update like with W8 :lol:
Sounds possible but why only Yahoo ? The other accounts have the Password saved but not Yahoo.
Da Master

ImageImage