It's June !

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: It's June !

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Jun 2014 18:46

Techno, hmm... Speaking of "classical" (between brackets because that's just a period), I'm a fan of your countryman Debussy, the man that gave birth to modern music in the most elegant manner. Once, one time I went to Paris, I even visited his grave at Passy (far, far away from Père Lachaise) and took a picture of myself there.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 18 Jun 2014 18:53

I had never heard, went to see on the net, there is a tourist office where he resided. Amazing ! :-o

I think we can congratulate classical music because it is what is at the root of all other types of music.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Jun 2014 19:06

La Mer is a landmark. But if you really want to enjoy, listen to most of his piano works. Debussy was one of the most important artists France ever gave birth to. He was the one who put an end to the dictatorship of tonality.

Having said that, I used to listen to more "serious" music at the time I was studying at the Conservatory, long ago. These days, I listen to "classical" on occasion, same as jazz (which I much prefer live).

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 18 Jun 2014 19:32

I like piano.

I've entirely listened La Mer and I must say it is very relaxing, like almost all classical music, there are sudden surges in sound. I don't think this kind of music is my favorite style and I think The Nutcracker Suite is better.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Jun 2014 19:53

Tous les goûts sont dans la nature. :)

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 18 Jun 2014 20:18

I'm sure you love disco music, techno and dubstep. :lol:

Have you learned to speak French or just the basics ? :)

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 18 Jun 2014 22:18

You used the Nutracker for the Finale of Lara's 2D Adventure.
I thought it worked really well.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Jun 2014 23:26

J'ai appris le Français à l'école, puis dans la Faculté. J'ai aussi vécu à peu près trois mois en France et j'allais travailler comme musicien à Eurodisney mais en ce temps-là ill fallait encore une carte de travail (c'est à dire, cet année-là) aux Portugais et aux Espagnols et c'est pourquoi je n'y suis pas resté. Le destin, c'est comme ça... Je suis prof de Français mais normalement je n'enseigne que le Portugais car il y a très peu d'élèves qui choisissent le Français comme seconde langue et il y a d'autres profs qui d'habitude enseignent le Français. Bref, je manque énormément de pratique mais je me débrouille - je me débrouille vraiment beaucoup mieux en Anglais, quand même, on peut dire que c'est ma deuxième langue.

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 19 Jun 2014 09:21

I'm fifty years old and I'm nothing. I made it. :lol:
"You learn something every day."

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Jun 2014 14:06

Hi, Oxy, long time no see. In the end we all amount to nothing and nothingness awaits us. I'm not that much either... :)

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 19 Jun 2014 14:22

@ Marksdad :

I must say I'm pretty proud of the use of music, especially in the "autumn zone". It's magifique and epic at the same time. :D

@ Jorge22 :
Jorge your French is perfect, there is no lack of syntax and of spelling ! :-o It's unfortunate that the French is not taught extensively in Portugal; in France, Portuguese isn't more widespread. But be careful, don't abuse with french on the forum, those who don't speak it will kill you. :lol:

@ Oxy :

Nevertheless, you learn something every day. :wink:

EDIT : :angel: 100th post !! :angel: I am now a MEMBER !! :scholar:

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 19 Jun 2014 14:56

Jorge22 wrote:Hi, Oxy, long time no see. In the end we all amount to nothing and nothingness awaits us. I'm not that much either... :)
Hi Jorge. It was OK till I was fifty. In our country 200.000 people is without work and I'm also one of them, the old good ones went to pension, retired and I couldn't cope with new, I will spare you with details. Husband is OK, he is still working. Few years I bought little apartment, my mother is in and spend all money for that. She took everything. I was working to have this money if happen, that I lose work. :|

The future is in children, how is your son? :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Jun 2014 16:51

So sorry to hear about that, Oxy, things seemed to be doing fine for you. Really hope you have a lucky strike and find a new job soon. Luckily, your husband's working, so not all is bad.

Thanks for asking about Alexandre. He's now 15, 16 in August (that age!), and he's ok. He decided he wants to be a game designer and move to LA.... Only the future may tell something like that really. In the meantime, he created a Tomb Raider level based on the Nevada levels from TR3, which I'm sure he'll be releasing soon. I have betatested it and it's basically ok. I think he managed to do a good job in a relatively small area although, being Nevada based, there's nothing new or astonishing to be expected. But I think it was well planned, a bit of a maze somehow...

Again, best of lucks to you. :)

@ Alex: People may always google translate me, lol.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 19 Jun 2014 17:30

You are 2 to like Tomb Raider III: Like father, like son. :D

I'm return on my PlayStation and I try to complete this episode which is my favorite. I finished the Nevada area and I went to London ... Wow the Nevada was difficult ! The entire game is so hard that I cheat with more crystal saves (I'm a maniac of this function and the loading are sometimes long on PSX) and infinite ammo. I've use the cheat 4 times ! :anxious: :D

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 19 Jun 2014 17:55

@Jorge, thank you for nice words. It's not that bad. I'm without job few months and I get one year money from office for the ones, who are unemployed, also I work for 200 EUR part time for one book design (I'm not allowed to earn more, I'd lose money for unemployed), after a year I hope we will continue, that I will be able to pay health insurance, which is now covered. To get a new job, I can only laugh. If I won't be able to survive, I can sell that apartment, the truth is, that father and mother are arguing, and father threw mother from their apartment, and he is 82 years old etc .... what can we do with that.

oh so :argue: dont bother :lol:

Thank you, Jorge, I feel much better now when I told that to someone. You know, everything is new and I'm not getting younger. :D