off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

February 2013 thread

Post by avmaster » 06 Feb 2013 14:59

A day which is normal for us here, a combination of snow, sunshine and a beautiful sky:

Picture taken at noon today
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: February 2013 thread

Post by mugs » 06 Feb 2013 16:18

beautiful!
Of doggie candle fame!

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 06 Feb 2013 20:24

Will ask Bavaria to get the status of meteorological refugee. We don't see much the sky blue these days Image

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 06 Feb 2013 20:39

You guys ever heard of a left-handed compliment? My grandfather was an expert. When he was dating my grandma, she complained he never complimented her. So he said, "You don't sweat much for a fat girl."

I rather felt like this yesterday. A customer left me positive feedback (I guess I'm glad that they at least left it as positive feedback), "Seller is *very* communicative. Maybe a little too much so. Fast shipping though." I rather felt like I was being made out like Glen Close in that Fatal Attraction movie. :( :anxious:

Most of my customers like it, and I don't really plan to change my policy there. I know the packages have tracking (unless they are going to a military base). However, I think it does reduce the chances of misunderstandings, and I don't write every day.

Of course, then I remembered that many people buy online using cell phones. With me, I have to pay for text messages. I know that I got frustrated when I had the ebay app for a while because it constantly sent me messages. I appreciated that the person I bought from sent me updates, but I was upset that using the app had them automatically sent as text messages. I would have preferred to go to ebay and check my messages there. So, I updated my store policy.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Feb 2013 21:20

A former colleague of mine was more the straight in the face compliment guy. His wife was always complaining he never brought her flowers. So one Friday after he got his pay check he went to the guy selling flowers from a stand on the corner of the street. He bought the lot and had it delivered, buckets and all. He told me she never asked for flowers again, so he must have done something right :D

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 06 Feb 2013 22:00

Reminds me of the guy who never could say the right thing to his wife. Always stuck his foot in his mouth. Finally, his best friend took him aside, told him to buy a bouquet of roses and deliver them while saying something poetically romantic like: "My darling, when I stand here drinking in the delights of your beauty and basking in the warmth of your myriad charms, time stands still." Poor guy couldn't remember all of that, so when he got home with the flowers, he said: "You know, honey, you've got a face that would stop a clock."

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 06 Feb 2013 22:05

avmaster wrote:A day which is normal for us here, a combination of snow, sunshine and a beautiful sky:

I can just hear Dutchy thinking:

Hmmm, vault up onto the short building, jump N with a left curve to the roof, slide down and grab the edge, shimmy to the right as far as you can....

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 07 Feb 2013 03:25

PDLambeth wrote:Reminds me of the guy who never could say the right thing to his wife. Always stuck his foot in his mouth. Finally, his best friend took him aside, told him to buy a bouquet of roses and deliver them while saying something poetically romantic like: "My darling, when I stand here drinking in the delights of your beauty and basking in the warmth of your myriad charms, time stands still." Poor guy couldn't remember all of that, so when he got home with the flowers, he said: "You know, honey, you've got a face that would stop a clock."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 07 Feb 2013 14:55

PDLambeth wrote:
avmaster wrote:A day which is normal for us here, a combination of snow, sunshine and a beautiful sky:

I can just hear Dutchy thinking:

Hmmm, vault up onto the short building, jump N with a left curve to the roof, slide down and grab the edge, shimmy to the right as far as you can....
If he thinks so he will end up above the garden of my neighbours where the biggest threat he can think of, two naughty children, will happily await their next victim. I think they are going to chase him in the garden until he is exhausted and decides to leave as soon as possible. Not to mention that the roofs here are icy and therefore he will walk on it like on an ice surface. Therefore he might eventually drop down like Lara and needs a large medipack :lol: Or even worse break thru the ceiling of the short building which is the neighbours garage. Very often roofs here are unstable because of the snow weight.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 07 Feb 2013 19:20

Nahhhh....Why so difficult... I always carry my Grenade Gun... :D

Turns out to be a funny thread :lol:

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 08 Feb 2013 12:11

And not containing anything about... you know what I mean.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Feb 2013 13:30

Appreciate that :2thumbsup:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 15 Feb 2013 18:54

On Valentine's Day, I saw a squirrel couple braving the cold weather, it was very fitting for Valentine's Day. :)
http://i.imgur.com/TdnBph3.jpg
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 15 Feb 2013 20:32

They're trying to imitate the gargoyles from one of the custom levels.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 22 Feb 2013 19:17

Hello, everyone!

very funny thread...I still look at buildings and think how to scale them....lol

hope everyone is doing well and very glad you are all here!! :)