TRForge Advent Calendar

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Jenni

Re: TRForge Advent Calendar

Post by Jenni » 12 Dec 2012 07:06

PDLambeth wrote:Not to be a grinch, but December 7 already and only one level to show for two Advent calendars?
I agree, we're half way through the calendar and so far only one level from TRForge and 2 (as of today) from Levelbase. I love Xmas levels and think it's a sad state of affairs that builders don't want to make them anymore :(

Although the competition is a nice idea - I can't build so am out of that unfortunately.

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 12 Dec 2012 13:33

Jenni wrote:I agree, we're half way through the calendar and so far only one level from TRForge and 2 (as of today) from Levelbase. I love Xmas levels and think it's a sad state of affairs that builders don't want to make them anymore :(

Although the competition is a nice idea - I can't build so am out of that unfortunately.
I hate to correct you in this case but there hasn't been a single level in the forge-calendar yet.
About the competition: We try to have a big variety in tasks, so it's definitely not needed to be a builder. So far only 1 of 12 daily challenges required LE-knowledge.

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 12 Dec 2012 22:36

I actually find it hugely disrespectful of people to complain about the lack of levels this year. It basically devaluates all the (usually brilliant and entertaining) non-level content from the advent calendars.

Also, no one here is in any position to actually expect to get (or even demand) advent levels (or really just custom levels in general). Builders put a huge amount of time, work and dedication into a level and the fact that you people all get them for free to play in your leisure time is pretty damn nice of all those level builders (attention: gigantic understatement!). If you do get levels, be happy and enjoy them. If you don't get any, you have absolutely no right to mope or complain. Try to build a custom level yourself for a change and maybe you'll start to recognise the work that is being put into them (and thus recognise your lack of proper appreciation for the level builders).

Meh, just my two cents. It really bothers me to see how some people think about the whole custom-level thing, especially now with the advent calendars.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 12 Dec 2012 23:05

Couldn't agree more Nadine :)

There are nice recipes to try out as well as guessing games that can keep you busy. Apart from the over 2000 other levels that are there :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 13 Dec 2012 05:42

Horus wrote:I actually find it hugely disrespectful of people to complain about the lack of levels this year. It basically devaluates all the (usually brilliant and entertaining) non-level content from the advent calendars.

Also, no one here is in any position to actually expect to get (or even demand) advent levels (or really just custom levels in general). Builders put a huge amount of time, work and dedication into a level and the fact that you people all get them for free to play in your leisure time is pretty damn nice of all those level builders (attention: gigantic understatement!). If you do get levels, be happy and enjoy them. If you don't get any, you have absolutely no right to mope or complain. Try to build a custom level yourself for a change and maybe you'll start to recognise the work that is being put into them (and thus recognise your lack of proper appreciation for the level builders).

Meh, just my two cents. It really bothers me to see how some people think about the whole custom-level thing, especially now with the advent calendars.
I merely stated an observation Nadine, not a complaint. I KNOW it takes a lot of effort and huge amount of time to build a level (whatever the theme) - I'm sad that there seems to be less and less builders making Xmas themed levels each year.

That is all.

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 14 Dec 2012 01:32

Somewhere in the ice 2 isn't working.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 14 Dec 2012 04:40

anna and others if you have downloaded the level
use 7zip to unpack it
i just did i can play it

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 14 Dec 2012 12:42

Nothing works. Maybe it's something wrong with my computer?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 14 Dec 2012 13:34

no i don't think so
it was also a strange file i downloaded
but extension .zip' are wrong so rename your file to .zip
by remove '
or download it again it are corrected now on the calender

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 14 Dec 2012 13:46

I downloaded few times. Always the same. I think the only way is to wait for Piper and ask her to fix it.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 14 Dec 2012 13:53

i just dl it again and it works

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 14 Dec 2012 13:54

there should ne nothing wrong with the file. I downloaded it and got a perfect zip-package, that could be extracted with any unzipping-software (I'm using IzArc)
Last edited by Soul on 14 Dec 2012 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

uranos1

Post by uranos1 » 14 Dec 2012 14:03

What is the problem:
Can't you unpack the package,
or can you unpack, but the game is crashing?

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 14 Dec 2012 15:19

There is no longer a problem with the download. :D
Of doggie candle fame!

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 14 Dec 2012 15:47

uranos1 wrote:What is the problem:
Can't you unpack the package,
or can you unpack, but the game is crashing?
The second one, the game is crashing. I'll try again.