Mute2Conversations

Re: November is here!

Post by Mute2Conversations » 08 Nov 2012 03:53

He is a she.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 09 Nov 2012 00:08

Oh, hello snow. It looks pretty here. My power is back, but there are still people still without power since Sandy. Others lost power a second time thanks to the snow storm. I can only imagine how frustrating that is. I really hope they get power soon because I don't think it will get much warmer in the near future. :(

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 15 Nov 2012 20:41

Today in some districts of Munich a power failure occured at 7 o´clock AM. 450.000 people were without power for one hour and public transport had been interrupted. People were trapped in the underground and elevators for one hour. It had been the biggest power failure since 1992 in Munich. It had been caused by a damaged power line and as the consequence of it a explosion took place in one of the relay stations.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 18 Nov 2012 23:59

That must have been frightening. Did it cause any accidents? Was anyone hurt?

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 19 Nov 2012 11:11

No serious accidents where people got hurt. Of course some slight injuries but that`s all. We here have no traffic lights on Sunday and therefore we here are used to drive without traffic lights. The public transport interruption is something which does not cause many injuries normally. We just sit and wait till we can leave or the underground takes us to the next station. No panik or other trouble takes place, we here stay relaxed. As the people from the North of Germany say about us Bavarians:

They take it easy and watch what`s going to happen. After it they drink a beer and the world is back to normal. :lol:
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 22 Nov 2012 01:12

Sounds like you handled yourselves well then, that is good. :D I've never heard before of a day with no traffic lights used, but I kind of wish we had it here because it would be good for drivers to learn the patience for it. Instead, we get hit by a hurricane and people interpret a dead traffic light as "please, blast through the intersection without slowing down". :roll:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 22 Nov 2012 17:24

Not much going on in the Chat but Birthdays... Everybody occupied with all the new levels of course :lol: