Mod
Mod

November is here!

Post by Marksdad » 01 Nov 2012 17:43

November:Cold,dark and wet.What's not to like?? :D

Mute2Conversations

Re: November is here!

Post by Mute2Conversations » 01 Nov 2012 17:53

Lovely weather here, though I've got the snuffles.

My Christmas shopping is done--which is good, since they are taking the good stuff off the shelves now and putting up the cr** nobody likes but will feel they have to buy.

Yesterday, mom and I got food from my favorite Japanese restaurant Nami. We watched Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. We didn't know how we felt about it, but it was still fun. I got a new dolly--a Hearts4hearts doll named Tipi. So it was a nice Halloween.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 01 Nov 2012 18:37

I have a cold as well but it's on the upswing I think. I'm just glad it came the one week I didn't have work.

November welcomed me by making the unusually warm fall weather start fading away today. :? It wouldn't be so bad except I still don't have power, and the supplier's only estimate is that I'll have it back by monday. Time to bundle up.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 01 Nov 2012 18:44

sorry to hear you're without power Jesse! Hope they get you back up and running before Mon. It's a grey day here in my neck of the woods, but the temps are divine so no complaints from me!!
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 01 Nov 2012 22:01

I know it's already past Halloween, but I simply forgot about this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtxkmFpWWk
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 07 Nov 2012 15:33

Perfect weather here in Fl. for cocoa....it's 68 F (although it will warm up later in the day)
and I have a nice supply of raspberry, caramel and white arctic cocoa to get me through these chilly morns and evenings. :D

Hope all is fine with everyone!
:angel:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2012 16:47

Hi, bene. Nice to see you back. Half the country is in mourning this morning, including myself, but we'll get over it.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 07 Nov 2012 17:48

no....I don't think we will...
and neither will the country

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 07 Nov 2012 18:26

It is very hard to change presidents after only one term. Most people don't run because of that. I'm not shocked that Obama won.

What I was surprised at is that they announced the winner before all the votes were tallied. Maybe they are able to tell, but I think it is a bad message to give to voters. They complain about the low voter turn-out, but obviously not every vote is counted. There were people standing in line for four hours late at night, waiting for their opportunity--and I don't even know if their votes were counted. With races, you don't have the award ceremony until the last person crosses the line. It also gives a person the feeling the system is fixed.

Yesterday was my first time voting. I initially only got a voter's registration because it is useful as a second form of identity that shows your actual address. I'm not really interested in politics. I know that is terrible, but I never feel like I have enough information to make an educated choice. Still, I was curious about the process. I am fortunate to live in a poor, pathetic neighborhood. The voting station is at the local park near my home. I only had to wait ten minutes tops to vote. No fancy equipment--just paper and filling in the bubbles, and then the only technology scans it. I was home within a half hour, and minus walking to and from there.

A common complaint in my area was that people who applied for an absentee ballot (like myself) never received them.

Nice to see you, bene! I hope you are well.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Nov 2012 18:40

November...... December, January, February, March and so forth while it isn't summer again: wee.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Nov 2012 18:49

Mute2Conversations wrote:It is very hard to change presidents after only one term. Most people don't run because of that. I'm not shocked that Obama won.

What I was surprised at is that they announced the winner before all the votes were tallied. Maybe they are able to tell, but I think it is a bad message to give to voters. They complain about the low voter turn-out, but obviously not every vote is counted. There were people standing in line for four hours late at night, waiting for their opportunity--and I don't even know if their votes were counted. With races, you don't have the award ceremony until the last person crosses the line. It also gives a person the feeling the system is fixed.

Yesterday was my first time voting. I initially only got a voter's registration because it is useful as a second form of identity that shows your actual address. I'm not really interested in politics. I know that is terrible, but I never feel like I have enough information to make an educated choice. Still, I was curious about the process. I am fortunate to live in a poor, pathetic neighborhood. The voting station is at the local park near my home. I only had to wait ten minutes tops to vote. No fancy equipment--just paper and filling in the bubbles, and then the only technology scans it. I was home within a half hour, and minus walking to and from there.

A common complaint in my area was that people who applied for an absentee ballot (like myself) never received them.

Nice to see you, bene! I hope you are well.
Not being American but still interested, I wouldn't be shocked if the Americans decided to give Romney a victory simply because people tend not to understand what is at stake (plus there's a huge bunch of America that's hugely conservative, not to mention the far extreme rightists - as in fascists, yes - and I won't even mention the actual fascists). It's tough for the western world to see itself decaying as it is. And it's easy to put the blame on a specific someone, especially if it's the president. But Mitt Romney has shown he's a dummy in several occasions - didn't people get tired of George W. Bush's clown policies and how they contributed to ruin the country just because he's incompetent? I'll say I'm moderately glad that Obama won but I don't believe in miracles.

As for the rest, hmm, I believe every vote was/will be counted. When there's a decent margin it's easy to tell who won in advance. You can tell it wasn't a fraud by the simple fact that Romney didn't even complain a bit...

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2012 19:11

Jorge22 wrote:As for the rest, hmm, I believe every vote was/will be counted. When there's a decent margin it's easy to tell who won in advance. You can tell it wasn't a fraud by the simple fact that Romney didn't even complain a bit...
I believe that Mute2Conversations' point might have been that, when people are waiting in line to vote and the announcement comes that a winner has already been determined, they understandably get the feeling that their vote no longer means anything, and that they may as well go home. If that's what he meant, then I agree with him.
Last edited by Phil on 07 Nov 2012 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Nov 2012 19:12

Oh, ok, if that's the case it's total nonsense. Agreed.

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 07 Nov 2012 23:18

If that's what he meant, then I agree with him.
? For some reason,I thought 'he' was a 'she'..?
Have I been reading Mute2Conversations posts with the wrong imaginary voice for all these years?

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2012 23:36

Dunno. Nothing in the profile indicates gender, and the screen name gives no clue, so one of us is right (more likely you, since something from earlier has jogged your memory) and one of us is wrong. When in doubt, I always go with the masculine. One reason I call myself "Phil" here is so there'll be no confusion along those lines.