October anyone?

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

JesseG

October anyone?

Post by JesseG » 05 Oct 2012 19:32

My brother is getting married. Im sitting in my garb ready to go.

Also it's almost 80 degrees, crazy. :-o

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: October anyone?

Post by mugs » 05 Oct 2012 19:35

we can relate, Jesse, here in Florida. Still waiting for some of that cool air to reach us - couple more weeks I guess! have fun at the wedding!
Of doggie candle fame!

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 05 Oct 2012 20:53

We here have 20 degree Celsius during the day and 10 degree Celsius at night. A busy and stressful year is nearly gone by. Hopefully the next year will have less trouble and it will be a better year than this one wich was a pain in the ***. I found some time to play during the past weeks and had some sparetime after all that work caused by the consequences of the death of my mother. A lot of things had to be dealt with. All that work had been done by me now and now I am hoping that such a time will never return. Sorry for spelling mistakes, I am too lazy to check for them.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 06 Oct 2012 16:14

Thank you for giving us news , Av. You have been missed. :)

I'm sure Jesse will have a good day to remember , but less than his bro :]

This month i shall not go to work (i won't be paid either) for i have more interesting things to do , like learning to drive a car (it would be time at my age, hé !) :jump:

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 06 Oct 2012 16:20

eRIC wrote: like learning to drive a car
And living in Le Mans isn't helping, but good on you Eric, you're never too old :2thumbsup:
Oops, I did it again... Image

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 06 Oct 2012 16:29

Living near le Mans does not help. I don't like the events , and there are plenty of vehicles on the roads these days, but that's in Spring generally.

Yep that's what they told me, at the evaluation, that its' not too late. It seems i'm not very skilled with driving (just like in TR games where i'm not very skilled with the vehicles), :lol: but that i could make it nevertheless. I almost crushed a cat but it was the cat who was wrong :]
Thank you Gerty ! :2thumbsup:

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 07 Oct 2012 20:13

Naughty cat :wink:

Once you know what to do with your hands and feet and then do it without thinking, you are on your way :D
And you are not the only one who that isn't good with the TR vehicles :?
They are nothing like in the real world. I just hate them :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 08 Oct 2012 13:02

eRIC wrote:Thank you for giving us news , Av. You have been missed. :)

This month i shall not go to work (i won't be paid either) for i have more interesting things to do , like learning to drive a car (it would be time at my age, hé !) :jump:
Hi eRIC, glad to hear I have been missed.

I can remember my driving lessons lol. They were a lot of fun but I drove the driving teacher mad :lol: In one of the first lessons I drove too close to the pavement and then a big bang could be heard. The driving teacher stopped the car and looked what happened. It was one of the car tires which had been damaged by the edge of the pavement. So I had the chance to learn how to change a car tire :lol: Later we started to drive around in Munich which was really difficult because in big towns there is more traffic compared to the small village I live in. Night driving lessons are the most interesting thing because there is less traffic and therefore you can concentrate more on learning what is important when driving at night.
Da Master

ImageImage

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 08 Oct 2012 13:09

Gerty wrote:Naughty cat :wink:

Once you know what to do with your hands and feet and then do it without thinking, you are on your way :D
And you are not the only one who that isn't good with the TR vehicles :?
TR Vehicles are easy to handle. I have good memories of the quad and the motorbike and the jeep. I always enjoy it to drive around with full speed in TR. And never break, Lara is a heroine and loves full speed and has no fear :D I did run over many baddies in many levels with the jeep and jumped over many gaps so the TR vehicles are really useful.
Da Master

ImageImage

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 11:40

Gerty wrote: Once you know what to do with your hands and feet and then do it without thinking, you are on your way :D
I wish that would happen tomorrow already - but for the moment these members seem to still have their own independant & strange way to react :D

AV , that made me laugh , you drove deliberately too close to the pavement , so to have a free lesson , clever you ! :lol: :wink:

Still not enjoying driving , but i think one day i may like that.
Enjoying driving , -so i have been told by the lesson teacher- , is the most important thing so to make the more progress.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 10 Oct 2012 03:49

Gerty wrote:And you are not the only one who that isn't good with the TR vehicles :?
I'm not licensed yet, but I'm scared that those vehicles are spoiling me. I'll want to act like a reckless road hog instead of sharing with others! :-P At least I don't have to worry about clearing jumps over electric fences...

My brother's wedding was great, perfect weather the whole day (surrounded by much rain before and after, of course) and I ended up being the DJ as well as the resident dancer at the reception :yay: it was a lot of fun and I still can't believe I have a sister in law.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Oct 2012 14:23

Hey avmaster, isn't your sig ready for an update?
Next Octoberfest: 2007: September 22nd- October 7th

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 16 Oct 2012 04:55

@Eric and avmaster

I can understand concerning driving lessons. There is so much to look at and to think about when driving that I'm glad I can finally think on my feet and make timely decisions on the road. The Tomb Raider games don't reveal everything there is to know about driving. Sure steering and hitting the brakes do count, but the need to change lanes, share the road or to take note of sudden, unusual situations to deal with isn't there.

@Jesse
I'm glad to hear your brother's wedding went well and that you had a good time. :)

I feel like I am finally making some headway in some areas. If I keep on pushing, I think I'll finally get what I need to ensure a future I can live with.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 16 Oct 2012 20:42

Dutchy wrote:Hey avmaster, isn't your sig ready for an update?
Next Octoberfest: 2007: September 22nd- October 7th
Of course it is time for an update. But Octoberfest is every year and I am not a programmer who can do such a complicated script which automatically updates the year. Apart from that I have been busy nearly the whole year with things caused by the death of my mother. Therefore there was no time for other things. As a special service for you:

339 days, 15 hours and 13 minutes until the next one starts on the 21.09.13 until 06.10.13
Da Master

ImageImage

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 18 Oct 2012 18:53

Don't like October much, but I must said that these days we have lovely autumn in Poland. Sunny and colourful. Few random shots from yesterday forest walk with dogs.

And it's also pumpkin season :D