Eat more vegetables

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Eat more vegetables

Post by DJ Full » 16 Mar 2012 22:33

rufierto wrote:Mt. Dew kicks coca cola hands down.
You mean flavour quality or harmfulness?
woof

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 17 Mar 2012 00:28

both....lol
The Dragon Eyes!!

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 17 Mar 2012 19:33

I think what makes cigarettes dangerous is that nicotine, if I remember from my medical coding studies, causes the blood to thicken...or does it cause the arteries to constrict. I don't remember. It may actually do both. Anyway, it raises your blood pressure--and that is probably the most dangerous thing.

@DJFull--I think one reason why I am addicted to them is because I need them for my sodium and potassium. When I only drink water, I'm often dehydrated--even if I drink tons of it.

@rufierto--I liked Mountain Dew when I was a kid, but once I had Coke I preferred that. I used to prefer Pepsi, but then it got too sweet for me, and it always gives me a stomachache. It is just as well with Mountain Dew. In my area, I never see it anymore. I didn't even know they still made it.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things--Katharine Graham

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 18 Mar 2012 08:11

As far as I know - but I'm not very good example, cigarettes lower pressure and coffee raise pressure, so those both together work just fine. :D
"You learn something every day."

moonliteshadow

Post by moonliteshadow » 18 Mar 2012 08:52

Well I used to smoke HEAPS, especially at weekends. When I was young(er) EVERYONE smoked. You'd pass your cigs around. About 10 years ago I realised it was killing me. Wheezing, cramps, unfit etc so I gave it up. Only regret is that I didn't do it sooner as I felt and feel so much better, more energy, they don't control my life anymore and I have lot's more money left at the end of the week. They are VERY expensive in OZ. My husband still smokes - he smokes rollies. I just don't like the way people who smoke are looked upon as though they have two heads here.
Love veggies AND meat. Veggies cooked the Jamie Oliver way mmm mmmm. Like the odd glass of red. Everything in moderation 8)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 18 Mar 2012 10:42

oxy wrote:As far as I know - but I'm not very good example, cigarettes lower pressure and coffee raise pressure, so those both together work just fine. :D
True. But only in half. Coffee washes magnesium out of the body. So if You have a sensitive heart, it might become inefficient.
moonliteshadow wrote:they don't control my life anymore and I have lot's more money left at the end of the week. They are VERY expensive in OZ.
I thought they are expensive everywhere. Here in Poland, the price per package app. equals price per 1 liter of gasoline.
woof

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 Mar 2012 11:57

DJ Full wrote:
I thought they are expensive everywhere. Here in Poland, the price per package app. equals price per 1 liter of gasoline.[/quote]
here in Denmark they cost 3 times the gasoline
gasoline cost
1,95 USD or
1,48 EUR
1,23 GBP
6,09 PLN

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 18 Mar 2012 12:31

Hah, the price per package is 5 Euro (20 sig) and will be up 20 cents in April.
Gas is 1.82 Euro per liter at the moment.
Have to amid that most of the money is tax money though.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 18 Mar 2012 19:00

In Florida, supposedly the average price for gas is $3.89 per gallon. A pack of cigs costs $5.63. I don't drive or smoke, so I had to google this.

Gas is made from a non-renewable resource. Neither are good for your health if you inhale them. You definitely don't want a smoker pumping your gas.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Mar 2012 10:56

@mute2conversations,
if You refer to pure gas price, and not to gasoline, it seems no matter if it's USD, EUR or PLN, the numbers are relatively close to each other... I think when Poland accesses the EUR zone, everything will get even more expensive than it is today... The type of money will change, but the numbers will remain the same... mind-washing act, so half of people won't notice... and one day, we'll all be screwed.

If that day I end up living in some cadboard box under a bridge, I'm gonna send You a picture of my new "home"... DJF in a Box. Or no, I have a better idea... I'll order that "Lara's travels" figure first, from whoever hosts her in that particular moment, and make HER picture visiting my cardboard hotel. Of course this only will happen if I am not forced to sell my camera earlier.
woof

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 20 Mar 2012 15:15

Mute2Conversations wrote: I don't drive or smoke, so I had to google this.

Gas is made from a non-renewable resource. Neither are good for your health if you inhale them. You definitely don't want a smoker pumping your gas.
Get a husband, he will pump your car and in your case he will also drive it :D

Mute2Conversations

Post by Mute2Conversations » 20 Mar 2012 17:14

Being a little gross here....

Sometimes I wish I couldn't somehow harvest the power of flatulence, which is getting more common in my old age--particularly when I eat veggies. :lol: It's a renewable resource, though I don't know if it is better for the environment. :lol: :lol:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 21 Mar 2012 17:24

Power of flatulence... This would be good for a Steampunk level.
woof

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 21 Mar 2012 18:06

The pull my finger game always makes the kids laugh and my wife's eyes roll...lol
The Dragon Eyes!!

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 21 Mar 2012 18:34

Flatulence is probably because of Coca-Cola. I didn't get any with veggies.